8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Today (25.08) I unlocked the bootloader of my redmi note 5, I installed the TWRP.

I rebooted to TWRP through the commands,
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
made the necessary wipes and installed 8.8.23 from xiaomi.eu.

So far so good.
I installed all the applications I needed, but now when I try to restart for recovery, instead of entering TWRP, it goes to xiaomi recovery.

The ROM is working fine, without any problem, I can restart the smartphone and it restarts normally, it enters the MIUI.
But I can not join TWRP.

What do I have to do so that when I want to get into the TWRP, does he go in there directly?

Did they delete the Region option because i can no longer change the region and now it stays on LTE not 4g
There is absolutely no difference, LTE=4G.

LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the correct technology name from 3GPP (Standardisation Organisation), whilst 4G is the marketing term, and denotes the evolution level.

I Today (25.08) I unlocked the bootloader of my redmi note 5, I installed the TWRP.

I rebooted to TWRP through the commands, made the necessary wipes and installed 8.8.23 from xiaomi.eu.

So far so good.
I installed all the applications I needed, but now when I try to restart for recovery, instead of entering TWRP, it goes to xiaomi recovery.

The ROM is working fine, without any problem, I can restart the smartphone and it restarts normally, it enters the MIUI.
But I can not join TWRP.

What do I have to do so that when I want to get into the TWRP, does he go in there directly?

First push down the volume+ button and hold it down, then push down the power button and wait for the boot to start.

Then first release the power button, then finally release the volume+ button.

You should boot into some variant of Recovery, if not you have a problem.

If it boots into MI recovery, you did not flashboot TWRP correctly, redo it.

That should not affect your rom.

Last edited:
Oh, how come you don't get me.. The limitless theme, which is NOT the classic one. There was, for example, an Instagram icon where you could see a circle with a heart in it, and now this icon pack for limitless theme is gone and all the third-party apps are the same in the shape of a square.

Choose default theme doesn't help?

There are no notifications on my lock screen, like WhatsApp messages or missed calls. Before I could slide down in the lock screen and view the notification bar.

1) which phone are you using?
2) have you enabled the first option?

IMG_20180825_204409.jpg

On my HMNote4x Play Store workshop as to be expected.
I think you should post the text you het when you tap 'ver resumen'....
I once adres that extra infomation and @ingbrzy could give me the solution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-25-12-47-09-262_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-12-47-09-262_com.miui.bugreport.png
    437.1 KB · Views: 322
Clear data for both "Downloads" apps in Settings -> Installed apps.
I did it, I deleted the data in both, I restarted and the problem continues, please help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-25-12-59-57-822_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-12-59-57-822_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-00-05-646_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-00-05-646_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-03-30-127_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-03-30-127_com.miui.home.png
    135 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-03-49-937_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-03-49-937_com.miui.bugreport.png
    434.5 KB · Views: 325
First push down the volume+ button and hold it down, then push down the power button and wait for the boot to start.

Then first release the power button, then finally release the volume+ button.

You should boot into some variant of Recovery, if not you have a problem.

If it boots into MI recovery, you did not flashboot TWRP correctly, redo it.

That should not affect your rom.

I've done the same process again, and the only mistake it makes, is that of the image.

However, getting the command to go into twrp, I can get in and do whatever I want.
Captura de Ecrã (10).png

When I reboot to recovery, it returns to xiaomi again.

Redmi note 5 Global
Works very good and fast.
Perfect work from your team.
Especially from the French language team.
Many Thanks.

Reactions: Calligari
I've done the same process again, and the only mistake it makes, is that of the image.

However, getting the command to go into twrp, I can get in and do whatever I want.
View attachment 20336
When I reboot to recovery, it returns to xiaomi again.

Ok, you have the ARB problem, that is why fastboot flash of TWRP fails.

I don't know the solution to that in detail myself, but there is a solution, on XDA or here somewhere.

Look through the threads on ARB (Anti RollBack) and for your device.

@ingbrzy It doesn't seem to be possible to install new lockscreen wallpapers in Mi8 with 8.8.16 by means of Google Photos (maybe others too). 8.8.23 is still not available for Mi8 so i couldn't test it there.

Using Xiaomi file explorer for example, works. Default set wallpaper function of NOVA LAUNCHER also doesn't work.

Can you comfirm *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works? What version of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* did you use?

Yes, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works great as usual, I use GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.6 and scrubber_GCam_5.1.018_25.

SMS deleting sound is back because you can now officially disable it in Sound settings...

Thanks, didn't aware..

I liked the previous limitless theme icons way more than the current squarish ones. Maybe somebody has the .mtz of the xiaomi.eu icon pack from the previous builds?

Previous Limitless theme icons :

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-2-3.45414/post-434571

Last edited:
My phone: Mi5s plus
After I enabled these options I was able to scroll down and view the notifications, but I still have problems with not showing notifications on the lock screen (messages, calls ...)
Settings/Lock screen and password/Wake Lock screen for notifications. Also check for every app to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.