8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have just installed this version on my Mi5S thru MIUI updater (I already had a previous version of xiaomi.eu).

All the home has come up messed up and pretty much all apps crash.

What should I do? Restore from backup or try updating another version?

Thanks a lot!

I have tried disabling auto updates and uninstalling Android system webview updates as I could read googling about these crashes, but so far no improvements.

Do you guys have any hint?

Are you sure *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* by Arnova is working in MIUI 10. Don't lie Bro cause there's no *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* yet working in MIUI10 so far.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Yes, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works great as usual, I use GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.6 and scrubber_GCam_5.1.018_25.

Thanks, didn't aware..

Previous Limitless theme icons :

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-2-3.45414/post-434571
Are you sure *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* by Arnova is working in MIUI 10. Don't lie Bro cause there's no *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* yet working in MIUI10 so far.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Mi5 - gemini
This update isn't fluid at all, very laggy and slow. (It's a small poem)
Apart jokes, I remember in MIUI 9 an update solved this type of issues, maybe it's possible to do so in the near future?

Reactions: point_pt
You have to do this every time, as I understand it:

"fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img"

No
Now to go to recovery, it goes the normal way.
Volume up + power button
Or restart for recovery
This command was to remove the error of Anti-rollback (as I showed in the image)

From my tests today on Redmi Note 5:
--> I was able to unlock the bootloader after 15 days of waiting
--> I installed TWRP and flashed it to xiaomi.eu 8.8.23 coming from global beta 8.8.23
--> After installing the ROM (xiaomi.eu), I configured all the equipment to my liking and installed all the applications without problem. But I could not enter the recovery of TWRP, whenever I wanted to go to recovery (TWRP), I always went into the original recovery.
--> I solved my problem this way http://en.miui.com/thread-3436592-1-1.html by reinstalling TWRP

-->I have 2 doubts now
--> In the sound settings, there is no option to give a different sound to the sms
--> The Redmi Note 5 notification LED is not RGB? There is no option to change the LED color.

Edit:
I made root in the equipment, everything ok, and I got the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* to work perfectly

Reactions: cobben
old bugs not fixed (on my Mi Note 3 jason):
* self-deactivation of Bluetooth as described in this forum by many people
* clicking on step counter in AppVault does not open MiFit app
* no symbol/icon in front of Settings-Users
* no bright mode in Clock app (in an otherwise bright theme, this clearly qualifies as a bug!)

new bugs:
* chinese text in AppVault settings
* chinese ads in AppVault
* Google Translate app force-closes automatically when trying to translate a text from an image (tested: Chinese->English, and English->German)

I Today (25.08) I unlocked the bootloader of my redmi note 5, I installed the TWRP.

I rebooted to TWRP through the commands, made the necessary wipes and installed 8.8.23 from xiaomi.eu.

So far so good.
I installed all the applications I needed, but now when I try to restart for recovery, instead of entering TWRP, it goes to xiaomi recovery.

The ROM is working fine, without any problem, I can restart the smartphone and it restarts normally, it enters the MIUI.
But I can not join TWRP.

What do I have to do so that when I want to get into the TWRP, does he go in there directly?
That's because the twrp you have doesn't flash recovery again after rom install, try to look in the twrp settings if you can enable this. On my mi note 2 every time i flash new rom the last step is "flashing twrp recovery"

Mi 6X zip files on androidfilehost are corrupted, I have tested them using winrar and 7z,

Attachments

• 1535224512719..jpg
    1535224512719..jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 422
* chinese text in AppVault settings
* chinese ads in AppVault
* Google Translate app force-closes automatically when trying to translate a text from an image (tested: Chinese->English, and English->German)
* "Chinese text" is not a bug. New features are not always translated immediately. We already took care of that for the next release.
* Taken care of for next release. You can just click the X button to hide it for now.
* Had that issue as well, and it disappeared after a few minutes. Did literally nothing to solve it, it was just gone on its own.

* no bright mode in Clock app (in an otherwise bright theme, this clearly qualifies as a bug!)
The fact that certain feature doesn't suit your taste doesn't clasify it as a bug. There is no bright theme for clock app. Same thing on many other devices, like Sony Xperia. I presume that it's so it would be easier to set alarm clock in a dark room.

--> In the sound settings, there is no option to give a different sound to the sms
--> The Redmi Note 5 notification LED is not RGB? There is no option to change the LED color.

* On Oreo ROMs, you go to Installed apps -> Messaging -> Notifications -> Messages -> Custom sound.
* If there is no such option, then your device only supports white LED.

Last edited:
Reactions: jc rey and Motox
clean install after several updates on Mi Mix 2. So far so good. Hope battery life is as good as was for the past weeks.

* On Oreo ROMs, you go to Installed apps -> Messaging -> Notifications -> Messages -> Custom sound.
* If there is no such option, then your device only supports white LED.
App Vault make crash Launcher on Redmi 4x

Clock, Weather and Calendar icons missing

Updated my Mi Note 2 (Scorpio) now from eu 8.8.9, it one-upped my other two devices with 6 ( six!) unwanted dual apps.

Am now restoring the TWRP backup of the data partition . . .

Question is what provokes these extra dual app icons, as only some people are blessed with them?

I can't think of anything in my setup that could be the trigger.
??

Did the Mi Max1 Prime (helium) from EU 8.8.16, got the 4 unwanted dual apps again.

Will restore my TWRP backup of the data partition directly, without trying anything else.
also in my max prime..
i try to do a 2 rom restore before / clean install?

also in my max prime..
i try to do a 2 rom restore before / clean install?

?? "2 ROM restore" ??

I restored only my TWRP backup of the data partition in my Max1 Prime, that got rid of the extra dual app icons.

Reflashing the ROM did not help.

Reactions: jc rey
?? "2 ROM restore" ??

I restored only my TWRP backup of the data partition in my Max1 Prime, that got rid of the extra dual app icons.

Reflashing the ROM did not help.
the bug is present in 8.8.23 and 8.8.16. i try restore to 8.8.9 and reinstall 8.8.23? I do not know..

Status
Not open for further replies.