8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi Max 1 Prime 8.8.23 tested.

@ingbrzy

Today after doing all the "wipes" (cache, dalvik, data, system, internal) to start again, I found a problem.

I installed the ROM 8.8.23 correctly, but once started waiting for me to put my MIUI key, I see that I have no connection to the SIM and when selecting the wifi, the keyboard does not appear, so it is impossible to write the password .

To solve this problem, I had to create an open Wi-Fi network with another cell phone, connect from the Mi MAX and connect to my MIUI password.

In future updates, fix the keyboard and the SIM in clean installations, please.

?? "2 ROM restore" ??

I restored only my TWRP backup of the data partition in my Max1 Prime, that got rid of the extra dual app icons.

Reflashing the ROM did not help.
Hi my friend! I noticed in the last branch, you gave advice on removing 4 dual applications.
Could you tell me which backup copy of the twrp partition I should do on 8.8.9 to download and delete four dual applications?
Never made a backup, there was no need.

* "Chinese text" is not a bug. New features are not always translated immediately. We already took care of that for the next release.
* Taken care of for next release. You can just click the X button to hide it for now.
* Had that issue as well, and it disappeared after a few minutes. Did literally nothing to solve it, it was just gone on its own.

Thanks for taking care of this, but I beg to differ; it is a bug as long as Xiaomi.eu ROMs are announced (in every week's announcement for a new ROM) like this:
Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global):
  • No any Chinese character under the full system
Not that I care all too much about Chinese characters, but please don't make promises that you don't consider worthy of keeping.
Regarding Google Translate, the bug is still there after several hours and reboots. As I don't know whether it is a problem on Google's side, I don't blame the eu ROM, I just wanted to report it.

One more thing, System Launcher reproducibly crashes after going back from AppVault. I thought I switch AppVault off (I remember it was possible), but now cannot find a setting for it (not even with the search function).

Thanks for taking care of this, but I beg to differ; it is a bug as long as Xiaomi.eu ROMs are announced (in every week's announcement for a new ROM) like this:
Not that I care all too much about Chinese characters, but please don't make promises that you don't consider worthy of keeping.
Regarding Google Translate, the bug is still there after several hours and reboots. As I don't know whether it is a problem on Google's side, I don't blame the eu ROM, I just wanted to report it.

One more thing, System Launcher reproducibly crashes after going back from AppVault. I thought I switch AppVault off (I remember it was possible), but now cannot find a setting for it (not even with the search function).

To switch appVault off:
Settings-home screen & recents

I confirm most of the reported bugs but I just have system launcher crashes when I change the Chinese settings (I didn't bother to translate)

To switch appVault off:
Settings-home screen & recents

I confirm most of the reported bugs but I just have system launcher crashes when I change the Chinese settings (I didn't bother to translate)

great observation - I had changed these settings to see what they do. When I activate all of them (as they were by default), the launcher doesn't crash anymore. So, for the time being, I leave them all checked, and live with whatever these do (especially the first one, the other two are obvious - showing the search field and the date).

There are Camera 2 api in this rom? Someone said *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works with this rom, and its impossible without Camera2 Api...
Anyone can confirm? Thx.

Hello Everyone,

I have a MI5.

So I face a strange issue, 3 weeks ago I was in Xiaomi.eu version xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.9.0.NAACNDL_v8-7.0 and I didn't updated phone in more than one year. Three weeks ago I decided to update it and made a full wipe and format erase everything updated TWPR and update version 8.8.9, the week after I update to 8.8.16 and now for 8.8.23 but after that I never had camera in those version.

If I go to 9.5 stable I have but in MIUI 10 I can't have cam and I already try install 5 different cams and all workaround I can find. I'm the only one with this issue?

Besides of this all work well except the battery drain but I already bought a new one because people say this can be a battery issue.

Any idea to fix cam would be very appreciated, thank you
Where you bought the battery? I have to buy one too to my Mi5.
Concerning your problem, never had that.

* On Oreo ROMs, you go to Installed apps -> Messaging -> Notifications -> Messages -> Custom sound.
* If there is no such option, then your device only supports white LED.

The sound of sms I could change the way you said, thank you.

How is it possible that Redmi note 5 has no rgb notification led?

In the global beta version of MIUI 10, the last two versions (8.8.16 and 8.8.23) I could not change the led color.

I thought that by switching to the xiaomi.eu ROM, the developers had added this option.

Because it is the same case of the Redmi 4X, that I had at home, with the official global stable ROM, only had white led.

Since I moved from the stable Global official to the stable global of xiaomi.eu, I was able to change the led color

upon receiving 3 messages from any application, the letters are overwritten. when receiving two does not happen that. and there is an error. the sim card is not activated, redmi 4 prime
IMG_20180825_165748.jpg

Hello. So I unlocked the bootloader after 15 days of waiting, flashed TWRP and then tried to update from Chinese miui 9 v9.6 before anti rollback update. Now I am in bootloop. The phone gets on Mi logo, then on Mi logo and android. Then it goes black screen and restarts. What do I do? Stupid of me, this is my main phone.

I confirm this on jason.

edit: don't mess with the settings (in Chinese) of App Vault, then it doesn't crash the launcher!
App vault indeed crashes the launcher if you touch the first setting in App vault settings. This is fixed for next released.

Reactions: Latenzo

I invite you to install Global ROM and not use Xiaomi.eu ROM. You've got a lot of nerve telling us what we need to do. Have you ever paid us for this ROM? No? Then don't tell us how to run things.

And yes, App vault is not stable because of recent update to App vault. This is already fixed but will only be applied in next release.

great observation - I had changed these settings to see what they do. When I activate all of them (as they were by default), the launcher doesn't crash anymore. So, for the time being, I leave them all checked, and live with whatever these do (especially the first one, the other two are obvious - showing the search field and the date).
The first on is some Chinese AI feature that we usually disable, but it didn't work because of a recent update to App vault. This is already fixed by won't be applied until next release.

The sound of sms I could change the way you said, thank you.

How is it possible that Redmi note 5 has no rgb notification led?

In the global beta version of MIUI 10, the last two versions (8.8.16 and 8.8.23) I could not change the led color.

I thought that by switching to the xiaomi.eu ROM, the developers had added this option.

Because it is the same case of the Redmi 4X, that I had at home, with the official global stable ROM, only had white led.

Since I moved from the stable Global official to the stable global of xiaomi.eu, I was able to change the led color

All xiaomi phones in recent years are only equipped with white LED light. This is the case even for flagship phones like Mi 6, Mi 8, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, etc. It's not the problem of ROM but the hardware xiaomi provides us with. The light can only show white light!

Status
Not open for further replies.