8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi4S: since the update the power button fails (I have enabled the volume to unlock the screen).

FOUND the cause of lags on my mi5: it was the "AI preloading" setting. I disabled it and now lag is reduced by 50%

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I can't delete pictures from 'Recently' in gallery. After I delete them, they show up again. Sync is off.
Is that official bug or..?

Xiaomi mi 6

Redmi Note 5 Global, CPU does not scale properly.
This leads to an high battery drain.
Am I the only one who has this problem?
Thanks
Also have this problem. But I have also the problem with BBS to read the states...
3d76313d0e759390b797ecfdc90f7c65.jpg

Thank you very much. Only one question it is from 8.8.9 version on mi4c that i'm facing with an issue on double sim usage: if one of them is active the other one is deactivated. Could you please let me know how I could solve it?

thanks for your work

So i have a new charger for my Mi5 a quick charge 2.0.
I never used a quick charge before and after using this one, i noticed a new icon next to the battery when I'm using this new charger.
After searching the web i found out its a icon for the quick charger.

But when using this charger that cost me 20 Euro's, the phone isnt that smooth anymore and opening a app, i have to touch twice before it launches. Also with typing its so slow i need to touch it twice before a letter comes up.

Anyone experienced this before?
Does this mean maybe Quick Charger isnt enabled? I have used also different cables same thing.
I dont wanna buy another cause i think the problem with the lag is caused by quick charging.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
6f8e7401c92746212d064a0ab0ba4b51.jpg

Redmi Note 3 pro (kenzo)

The synchronization of the gallery with Mi Cloud does not work. All the rest (contacts, notes, calendar, etc.) is synchronized on a regular basis.
Same problem with My MI8.
The uplaoding of pictures is very slow (1 Kb/s) and not work in wifi
This problem was appear before insttation of 8.8.23.
I think is a problem of acces at the xiaomi servers in China.

Hello!

I have a Redmi 6 Pro with "MIUI 10 by xiaomi.eu 8.8.16 Beta" and with updater app i downloaded 8.8.23.
After i click on install in the updater app the device just reboot and at the boot time the screen flash one time and after it reboot normally and not install the update.
I think it tries to update in the recovery, but it cant install the zip.
After i go to the recovery i checked i have mi-recovery 3.
My question is do i have to flash twrp via fastboot to install the new weekly update?
Will my applications remain after the update?

Sorry for the noob question, but i bought the phone used with MIUi 8.8.16.

Thank you!

Hi!

Recently I've helped a friend to EU ROM on his Redmi 5 which had official global ROM from Xiaomi before.

One thing I have noticed - some menu items and even apps (File explorer, Mi Assistant) are not translated (he uses Russian locale), but were localized before. I cannot provide any proof now, because this will require flashing stock ROM back again, obviously..

Are there any legal reasons for this, or just translators' error?

Hello!

I have a Redmi 6 Pro with "MIUI 10 by xiaomi.eu 8.8.16 Beta" and with updater app i downloaded 8.8.23.
After i click on install in the updater app the device just reboot and at the boot time the screen flash one time and after it reboot normally and not install the update.
My question is do i have to flash twrp via fastboot to install the new weekly update?

Thank you!

Yes, flash TWRP first, this should fix your problem. If you already have Xiaomi.EU rom and will flash the same Beta branch on top - it is totally safe, no data loss

Reactions: aipszilon
Hello!

Thank you!
Flash twrp (link in post 1 or 2) and then try flashing the rom from updater or twrp (I would use twrp becuase I trust it more than th3 updater). If you use twrp, wipe dalvik and cache before and after flashing the rom, all data should be there after rebooting. But make a backup in twrp before flashing just to be safe.

Redmi note 3 pro (kenzo) - when I receive 2 or more messages on viber, text of the messages in status bar is displayed in 1 row with "reply" over it. What do you need to find the cause except the screenshot? I am without a computer so can't post a log from adb for the next couple of weeks...

Reactions: aipszilon
CHINESE APPS

When my Mi Max 3 arrived from TradingShenzhen.com today it had TWRP and xiaomi.eu 8.7.26 installed (they will do this for you as an alternative to the China Stable ROM). I activated the device with my Mi account, downloaded xiaomi.eu 8.8.23, booted into TWRP, wiped, flashed 8.8.23, wiped, rebooted, and now two strange Chinese apps I have never seen before are on the phone. One is called Dianping and I don't know what the other one is called because the text below its icon is in Chinese. When I open either app I am presented with Chinese text. Is this something new to 8.8.23 because I could swear this wasn't on the phone when it arrived with 8.7.26 and only appeared when I updated. I can simply delete the apps, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. When I upgraded my Mi MIX on the weekend to 8.8.23 these apps didn't appear on that phone, so what is up with my new Mi Max 3?

Same problem with My MI8.
The uplaoding of pictures is very slow (1 Kb/s) and not work in wifi
This problem was appear before insttation of 8.8.23.
I think is a problem of acces at the xiaomi servers in China.

same problems on mi4c with cn stable and dev rom and it lasting more than three weeks.
it will not upload all my pictures in next ten years.
the best way is to connect phone to charger and let it upload pictures.
in a mean time we can buy some other brand phone. :)
fu*king chinese cloud service.

Reactions: Calligari
Should the lower option in settings of TWRP (allow flashing to boot partition) get checked or not?
Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_2018-08-28-21-51-49-375_me.twrp.twrpapp.png

MiMax3 just flashed from fake global to this rom.

- cant open menu -> sound and vibration
- no sound
- heavy lags

Some Ideas?

So i have a new charger for my Mi5 a quick charge 2.0.
I never used a quick charge before and after using this one, i noticed a new icon next to the battery when I'm using this new charger.
After searching the web i found out its a icon for the quick charger.

But when using this charger that cost me 20 Euro's, the phone isnt that smooth anymore and opening a app, i have to touch twice before it launches. Also with typing its so slow i need to touch it twice before a letter comes up.

Anyone experienced this before?
Does this mean maybe Quick Charger isnt enabled? I have used also different cables same thing.
I dont wanna buy another cause i think the problem with the lag is caused by quick charging.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
6f8e7401c92746212d064a0ab0ba4b51.jpg
There is a function that prevents the phone get hotter when you're using the Quick Charge function or when the phone gets closer to certain temperature, it makes the phone laggier and hotter, so it's totally normal, you shouldn't be using the phone when is charging.
But, if you want to get rid of it, you can search in XDA a magisk module called "Thermal Throttle Mod", in my case the mod didn't affect/damage my phone, it doesn't get "really hot" as someone would expect, it doesn't even gets hot at all, but even with that, if you wanna try it be careful and do it by your own risk of course.

whyred

Still strange bug with bluetooth:
  • switch off bluetooth, then switch on bluetooth in quickmenu. Doesn't work. Reboot necessary to get bluetooth working again.
  • go to flightmode, then deactivate flightmode. Works like expected.
  • switch off and on bluetooth in Settings - Bluetooth works
Maybe it's a problem in quickmenu buttons?
Just tired it there and I experience the same in whyred also.
Perhaps a bug in MIUI 10 Chinese ROM?

Hi, I am new here, probably got chinese Mi 8 256gb have question is this roms do not brick my phone when i relock the bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.