Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did what you said, but still no signs of NFC.
I'm gonna do a backup and wipe data.
I'll let you know.
I don't know for sure... i've done a clean flash from v8.8.30 to 8.9.13
Then I've dirty flashed (only format on Dalvik and cache before, and after rom upgrade) for flash from 8.9.13 to 8.9.20 and then to 8.9.24.

I can suggest to format dalvik and cache partitions, then reinstall 8.9.24 and then format again dalvik and cache, and reboot to system...

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Bajramo
Bugs on whyred... nothing new:

Can't delete pictures from gallery
Bluetooth can't turn on/off without rebooting phone
All others function seems okay.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Werner1340
Dear friends,

Thanks for this update, i´d like to report that in 8.9.24 MI8 weekly rom this apps: Mi Music and Mi Video crashed, it doesn´t work on MI 8.
And it´s not possible to play any video from galery.

"I can suggest to format dalvik and cache partitions and reboot to system" @gulp79
IT FIXED

Only to inform this errors
Thanks

Last edited:
Can i install this rom on my Chinese Mi8 with unlocked bootloader (official method with my account and waited 720hours) with Global Stable Rom 10.0.2 ?
If yes, can i go back to 10.0.2 again or will my device get bricked ? I am asking this because Global Stable is on 8.1 and your rom on Pie 9.0 . Thank you !

Dear friends,

Thanks for this update, i´d like to report that in 8.9.24 MI8 weekly rom this apps: Mi Music and Mi Video crashed, it doesn´t work on MI 8.
And it´s not possible to play any video from galery.

Only to inform this errors
Thanks
I don't have these problems, all these items are working for me (Mi8/8.9.24)

Reactions: lbgmalta2
Did a clean install and now nfc appears....everything seems to work now.
I don't know for sure... i've done a clean flash from v8.8.30 to 8.9.13
Then I've dirty flashed (only format on Dalvik and cache before, and after rom upgrade) for flash from 8.9.13 to 8.9.20 and then to 8.9.24.

I can suggest to format dalvik and cache partitions, then reinstall 8.9.24 and then format again dalvik and cache, and reboot to system...

Reactions: gulp79
What website, link?

I thank myself for the link.
Finally some real info.

https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-miui-global-locked-bootloader-xiaomi-brick/

"Fortunately, XDA Junior Member franztesca, the developer of XiaoMiTool, took it upon himself to find out which devices are affected. He discovered the code responsible for blocking out-of-region MIUI installations, and we were able to verify this for ourselves*. What happens is that MIUI checks the system properties to determine if the MIUI version matches the device’s reason. If they don’t match, the system will reboot you to MIUI recovery with an error message. There’s no way you can get around this error message as every boot will kick you back to MIUI recovery. (Fortunately, if you have an unlocked bootloader, this check won’t take place so you’re free to install an out-of-region MIUI version or custom ROM.)

*For those of you who are curious, the relevant class is com.android.server.SystemServerInjector which you can find in services.vdex located in /system/framework."

I've installed this update but my phone got bricked, it reboots after 10sec to the recovery (TWRP) and the first reboot showed me a screen with a "read mode only" thing, the second and third reboot just brought me in the recovery, then I got back by installing the original version that I downloaded from this site (v 8.7.12) wich I don't like since the step counter isn't working and most importantly my all contacts disappeared and if I try to add them then the app crashes and no error messages were shown.
idk what to do so pls help me
Device: Xiaomi mi6

I would do a clean install. Deleting data and everything. Don't you have a backup somewhere? I always have contacts sync with Google account and mi account.

I've installed this update but my phone got bricked, it reboots after 10sec to the recovery (TWRP) and the first reboot showed me a screen with a "read mode only" thing, the second and third reboot just brought me in the recovery, then I got back by installing the original version that I downloaded from this site (v 8.7.12) wich I don't like since the step counter isn't working and most importantly my all contacts disappeared and if I try to add them then the app crashes and no error messages were shown.
idk what to do so pls help me
Device: Xiaomi mi6

You are not alone
Hi everyone!
I installed this version of xiaomi.eu on my Mi 8 but Always on Display is not working. I selected the feature in the settings but nothing happens. Am I the only one?
Thank you

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Yes, nfc has gone after update to 8.9.24.
Google voice thing didn't work either in 8.9.20.
I just upgraded to 8.9.24 and you are right, still not working.
But I noticed that NFC has disappeared too!!
@gulp79 Could you please confirm that your NFC has disappeared too?
Thanks.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I would do a clean install. Deleting data and everything. Don't you have a backup somewhere? I always have contacts sync with Google account and mi account.

So first of all thank you for your reply,
I don't want to wipe and lose anything,
And about the backup yes I do have one, but I think the problem here is the fact that the app can't display them, but they're actually there

After updated to 8.9.20 (from 8.8.30) I lost all notes in the stock Notes app. I dont use any cloudsolution for this app. Is this happening for everyone? Did I did something wrong? Is there a way to restore?

What happened with carousel wallpapers? Now lockscreen button has been removed and no possibility to mark favorites and swipe to see more images.

Me too,lucky I had a backup!
After updated to 8.9.20 (from 8.8.30) I lost all notes in the stock Notes app. I dont use any cloudsolution for this app. Is this happening for everyone? Did I did something wrong? Is there a way to restore?

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Dear Mi UI team,

I got prob about phone area abd mobile carrier code in my country (Viet Nam).
My country has now changed phone area code and phone carrier code. How do I make my phone to get the corrective code when some1 calling me?

I'm getting "Playstore has Stopped" error, tried clearing Playstore, Play services and Google Framework cache and data, and even uninstall update and install latest Playstore is still giving me error.

My device is Redmi 5Plus. Any recommendations to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.