Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battert is draining in standby mode in 8.9.20
I have only only 2% drain overnight from 100% to 98% when i wake up from sleep. This update is very good in battery.
f0173beebcf94bbb6df7813e920b1d98.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Reactions: HofMan
After updated to 8.9.20 (from 8.8.30) I lost all notes in the stock Notes app. I dont use any cloudsolution for this app. Is this happening for everyone? Did I did something wrong? Is there a way to restore?
Its a beta rom, whats make u think there is no issues after certain update. Always do a backup. Gz

I have only only 2% drain overnight from 100% to 98% when i wake up from sleep. This update is very good in battery.

Im using Mi Note 3 and the signal is really unstable. That drains alot of battery

How did you change the placement of statusbar icons?

Sorry for OT.

I wanna ask if my phone could skip Google Verification with this ROM because I'm from China and I couldn't use Google when it's booting after flashing. Thanks!

Mi 8 Android 9 status (8.9.20/24)

After taking the step from (Android 8 based) 8.8.30 to (Android 9 based) 8.9.20/24 and several days of testing, I can report the following:

What is better?
++ The whole smartphone is a lot faster and the user interface much more fluid than it was on all previous (Android 8 based) versions
++ GPS is also a lot better. GPSTest reports the usage of dual frequency GPS, positioning is more accurate and quite fast
++ The Bluetooth bug is gone. Bluetooth can be switched on/off as often as you like and also works after flight mode
++ Fingerprint unlock is as fast as ever (there were reports that it isn't)

What is worse?
-- Notifications for some apps do not work. Example: Telegram. No matter what I do in settings, not a single notification for Telegram
-- Bluetooth AAC codec is no longer supported / available. My BT headphones only connect via SBC codec. Event when you select AAC manually in the developer settings, it does not work
-- Face unlock is broken. If you register a face, almost any other face from a human being will also unlock the phone

Mi 8 Android 9 status (8.9.20/24)

After taking the step from (Android 8 based) 8.8.30 to (Android 9 based) 8.9.20/24 and several days of testing, I can report the following:

What is worse?
-- Notifications for some apps do not work. Example: Telegram. No matter what I do in settings, not a single notification for Telegram

Confirmed broken notification for Telegram and Hangouts messages on Pie based MIUI builds

Official Pie based MIUI builds also affected...

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HofMan
Hello friends.

My calendar notifications are not working properly. Sometimes it notifies, sometimes it does not. This was same for the last 4 updates. Is tgis a bug or not, I dont know but if there is a way to fix it , please let me know.
Thanks

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Hi, I have just upgraded mi M8 from 8.8.30 to 8.9.24 via TWRP,
DOWNLOAD WEEKLY 8.9.24 MI8
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/8.9.24/

however when it restarts it keeps on the inicial screen : MI mi.com the dots... powered by android, and does not start

any ideas???

thx!!!!

I need help... After that via TWRP I installed 8.9.20 to see if this way I could solve my problem, but still it does not goes beyond the loading balck screen!

I need help... After that via TWRP I installed 8.9.20 to see if this way I could solve my problem, but still it does not goes beyond the loading balck screen!
I have the same problem, using the latest twrp. If you reflash 8.8.30 again, and if your camera doesn't work, the standalone firmware for dipper, you can at least use your phone again. I'm stuck on 8.8.30 as you, searching for a solution without wiping data.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: predator.gi7
Hi, I have just upgraded mi M8 from 8.8.30 to 8.9.24 via TWRP,
DOWNLOAD WEEKLY 8.9.24 MI8
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/8.9.24/

however when it restarts it keeps on the inicial screen : MI mi.com the dots... powered by android, and does not start

any ideas???

thx!!!!

You have to wipe data and start with a fresh installation after going from (Android 8 based) 8.8.30 to (Android 9 based) 8.9.24.

Did you do that? Wiping Dalvik and Cache is not enough.

Reactions: predator.gi7
You have to wipe data and start with a fresh installation after going from (Android 8 based) 8.8.30 to (Android 9 based) 8.9.24.

Did you do that? Wiping Dalvik and Cache is not enough.

So if I get it right, first I wipe Dalvik + Data + Cache

then i proceed to install 8.9.24

am i right?

thanks a lot for your help!

Reactions: PMShodan and kbs23
[QUOTE = "gianton, post: 447513, membro: 93157"] Come hai cambiato la posizione delle icone della barra di stato?

Scusa per OT. [/ CITAZIONE]
Change theme

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you how you can solve draining battery problems.The percentage of battery drops dramatically.Since it is 100%, without using it, after 1/2 hours it is already around 70%. Please help me

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm having problems with the lack of option to change the region in MI 8 SE I can not see the themes available for other locales

There is no region option in the xiaomi.eu as far as I know.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks the devs for the effort on this EU Rom.
I have an issue and maybe someone in this forum can help me. Is not a problem just a weird thing I can't fix.
Dirty flash from .13 to .20 and an app (Backdrops) disappear from my access, all the info and files from it remains, but I can't install it again or restore it.
Same happened a while ago in the same process of dirty flash with another app (Leo's Fortune) but my resolution then was a clean install.
This time I want to know if there is a way to restore the apps missing just in case in a future the same issue occurs again.
Besides that everything OK with the update, Nikel user here.

Status
Not open for further replies.