MIUI 11.1 9.10.31

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On K20Pro 9.10.31, taking photos with HDR off will result in 960x720 resolution and also disconnects camera after one photo. However, with HDR on it works perfectly

On K20Pro 9.10.31, taking photos with HDR off will result in 960x720 resolution and also disconnects camera after one photo. However, with HDR on it works perfectly

I cannot confirm this - no matter whether HDR is off, auto, or pro, the image resolution is always 3000x4000 (also on Mi 9T pro aka K20pro, with 9.10.31)

I flashed the modem.img from stock rom but nothing changed, always almost in 4g only. I tried also in English language.
Now i am on stock so i can try anything. And honestly i am tired to flash agian and again, i think there is not solution atm, same problem here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-8-4g-band-aggregation.49066/

I maked always speed test to be sure and the difference is obvious.

I understand your frustration at this problem - I discussed it with another colleague who also works in mobile network optimization, but we cannot offer further ideas as to the cause.
As I explained previously, once the mobile has "camped" on the permitted network, it is the network which decides the accessibility to 4G+.
The only item within the mobile which may cause the behaviour you describe (almost always in 4G, indicating that the mobile has successfully identified itself as 4G+ capable device to the network) is the Modem, if for whatever reason is not functioning correctly (most probable is a software error or corruption during compilation or packing - this is not touched by Xiaomi or xiaomi.eu developers, it is from Qualcomm), resulting in the mobile reporting very poor downlink quality, so the network does not select the 4G+ modulation and coding scheme for following messages/packets.

The link that you referenced is actually somewhat misleading - the information in that thread is not accurate, and with "inter-twining" information about Carrier Aggregation and 4G+ which are separate topics.

Carrier Aggregation (2CA) was available for 4G mobiles since "Release 10" specification (first handsets were released in mid 2011), whilst 4G+ was defined in "Release 12" specification, with handsets available from late 2013.
The 4G+ handsets support a higher order modulation (256QAM) in very good radio conditions, with extended Carrier Aggregation (CA) carrier count, with Samsung S9 and other high-end devices supporting up to five carriers (5CA), but again, it is dependent on the Operator's network configuration and capacity.

Unfortunately I cannot provide further clues or ideas as to why this is being seen in your device.

Could you explain that in more detail? Do you mean to wipe everything, even data etc? so that only twrp is on the device? That might be just the one thing we didn´t try.
Run twrp
Wipe/format data-yes
Return
wipe Dalvik/cache , cache, data, system
Install rom
wipe Dalvik / cache
Reboot
Done

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Holliefant
Run twrp
Wipe/format data-yes
Return
wipe Dalvik/cache , cache, data, system
Install rom
wipe Dalvik / cache
Reboot
Done

Pedro, Just a doubt, why in the first page say to never touch in the Wipe System?
But your process for instalation is correct, it's just a doubt.

Don't forget Format Data like me hahah, the result is a encrypted device, but a Format Solve it.

Pedro, Just a doubt, why in the first page say to never touch in the Wipe System?
But your process for instalation is correct, it's just a doubt.

Don't forget Format Data like me hahah, the result is a encrypted device, but a Format Solve it.
O dont know. I allways wipe system. Maybe its not needed when just updating the xiaomi.eu version

O dont know. I allways wipe system. Maybe its not needed when just updating the xiaomi.eu version

I think that is from someone that came from Stock Rom, maybe the reason, I saw in other post's at XDA that members wipe the system when change to other Custom ROM, someone with more experience can explain better, I have this doubt, when have Wipe System or not.

I think that is from someone that came from Stock Rom, maybe the reason, I saw in other post's at XDA that members wipe the system when change to other Custom ROM, someone with more experience can explain better, I have this doubt, when have Wipe System or not.
I think that if you dont wipe system , some system files Will privail while installing the new ROM.

I think that if you dont wipe system , some system files Will privail while installing the new ROM.

Yes you are sure, but why they advice in the first page to not wipe, is the question.
When change from MIUI to Pixel Experience for example this maybe needed.

Mirai said:
Yes you are sure, but why they advice in the first page to not wipe, is the question.

O dont know xD

If you wipe your system-partition you are not able to boot your phone. It will say something like "no OS installed"
So if the people wipe their system-partition and if they are not very familiar how to pull then the rom on the phone there will be a lot of questions :)
I think this is the reason why they wrote -> dont wipe system ...

Reactions: Mirai
Mirai said:

If you wipe your system-partition you are not able to boot your phone. It will say something like "no OS installed"
So if the people wipe their system-partition and if they are not very familiar how to pull then the rom on the phone there will be a lot of questions :)
Ohh xD but for me that is a clean install xD the true definition

hello everyone, I have a problem with live wallpapers, basically if I set a live wallpaper only for the home screen he is also applied to the lock screen ... I would like to be able to use the MIUI carousel backgrounds on the lock screen and a live wallpaper on the home screen but I can't in any way ... can anyone help me? thanks and good job.

hello everyone, I have a problem with live wallpapers, basically if I set a live wallpaper only for the home screen he is also applied to the lock screen ... I would like to be able to use the MIUI carousel backgrounds on the lock screen and a live wallpaper on the home screen but I can't in any way ... can anyone help me? thanks and good job.

I also have that problem, this new rom maybe correct that bug before if it was possible to do it

Mirai said:

No able to boot in TWRP too? so the phone is bricked? then the best way is stay away of Wipe System ._.

I've switched over from an old global rom to xiaomi.eu and format data and factory reset. wipe cache and delvik at the end is all I've done and had no bugs, also going back to global stable and xiaomi.eu stable I've never wiped system only format data and it has always worked well.

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

You can always Access recovery (twrp).

Then not have a risk of the message "No able to boot" I think when us change from Stock to .EU dont need wipe system, but maybe mandatory if changing the ROM like I quoted before, .EU to Pixel Experience for example.
I saw a lot of tutorials and peoples saying to wipe System, so this maybe secure to execute.

Mic isnt working in voice talking apps e.g. discord, hangouts, skype. But its working on phone calls, on voice recording in the same apps e.g. in skype. But not when call is live. Any insights? If use without headphone with mic -> all works fine. If use with headphone with mic - this behaviour when its not working with voice apps.
Xiaomi mi 8. Wasnt happening on android 9 firmwares

Then not have a risk of the message "No able to boot" I think when us change from Stock to .EU dont need wipe system, but maybe mandatory if changing the ROM like I quoted before, .EU to Pixel Experience for example.
I saw a lot of tutorials and peoples saying to wipe System, so this maybe secure to execute.
Exactly. You are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.