MIUI 11.1 9.10.31

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use 2,4 GHz hotspot wifi instead of 5 GHz. It's a known bug. ;)

New Beta build every week yes and it's generally available on friday. Stable builds have "x.x.x.x" as version number style (same as official ROMs). ;)

Beta updates come every week, and stable updates, how long?

Could you please tell me which is the latest stable version for mi9 SE?
And where can I find it? just click the bar here where it says MIUI 11 stable, or the other?

My apologies, I put this comment in the stable rom, it belongs to this rom:
Greetings community Miui.eu. As always very grateful for excellent work. I want to take this opportunity to express that since the change from MIUI 10 to MIUI 11, when I make phone calls, the other person does not listen to me and hears an interference noise. On the other hand if I make the call via whatsapp the communication is perfect in both ways. Is there anyone with the same problem?
Thanks for the effort.
Jose Moraleda
MI8.

Do you get 4G+ indicated at all?

The phone reports the device version in the "UE Capability" message when the phone first camps on the network following a restart, this tells the network if your device is 4G+ capable (Release 12 or later), and then it is the network's decision when your device has 4G+

It is outside of the ROM developer's scope to change this.

Also it may well be an indication problem on the status bar - if you are not using English language, try changing it to English menu, restart and check it, this would be a translation issue.

Otherwise you should use a network measurement tool such as Network Signal Guru to capture the layer 3 messages at a restart to check for the correct UE Release version.

Again. With stock rom the phone is ALWAYS in 4g+: speed tests also are really fast.
With xiaomi.eu rom the phone is almost always in 4g and speed test are really slow.
Done all tries possible, no way to solve.

Why is so hard to understand for you all?

Beta updates come every week, and stable updates, how long?

Could you please tell me which is the latest stable version for mi9 SE?
And where can I find it? just click the bar here where it says MIUI 11 stable, or the other?

Stable updates come when official China stable updates are released... (every 1 or 2 months generally)
MIUI 11 Stable ROMs => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-11-0-stable-release.52628/
Yes, it's same link in the bar.
Info: Actually, MIUI 11 Stable is android 9 but 10 for "Mi9" and "Mi9T Pro/K20 Pro" only.

Reactions: Infusion and Yolco
Hi , i have a Problem with my Galaxy watch and the miui11 Software. I dont get any notifications on my watch.
Autostart is on , Energy Management is off.
Anyone Else with this Problem?

Hi , i have a Problem with my Galaxy watch and the miui11 Software. I dont get any notifications on my watch.
I have GW also, everything works as it should with notifications. MIUI 11, Android 10, 9.10.31, Mi 8.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Today I tried installing my work app email that uses MobileIron.
I can't go past the creation of the work profile because MobileIron cannot find Google services...
Here is a photo.

P.S, on global official it was working fine.
But now when I try to go back to the last official beta, I get boot loop..
Trying to prevent the need of formatting the data and copying all over again...
Any suggestions?
I can't root.

1a7f4b3a300f7e1197b676fdaad260ff.jpg

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I don't get any notifications on my Honor Band 5 too... (Mi 9T / 9.10.24)

Again. With stock rom the phone is ALWAYS in 4g+: speed tests also are really fast.
With xiaomi.eu rom the phone is almost always in 4g and speed test are really slow.
Done all tries possible, no way to solve.

Why is so hard to understand for you all?

Have you compared the Modem version ID of the last "good" ROM with this current ROM to see if there is a difference?

Are you using English language setting (to eliminate possible translation issues)?

I am trying to understand the whole situation so I can try to identify what maybe the cause of the problem.
I am asking these things snce the problem you are reporting (virtually no time using 4G+) is not normally a phone problem, as it is a "network controlled" function, based on the phone registration information.

Reactions: gonzalo09
Have you compared the Modem version ID of the last "good" ROM with this current ROM to see if there is a difference?

Are you using English language setting (to eliminate possible translation issues)?

I am trying to understand the whole situation so I can try to identify what maybe the cause of the problem.
I am asking these things snce the problem you are reporting (virtually no time using 4G+) is not normally a phone problem, as it is a "network controlled" function, based on the phone registration information.

I flashed the modem.img from stock rom but nothing changed, always almost in 4g only. I tried also in English language.
Now i am on stock so i can try anything. And honestly i am tired to flash agian and again, i think there is not solution atm, same problem here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-8-4g-band-aggregation.49066/

I maked always speed test to be sure and the difference is obvious.

I don't understand why the last update had to force a previous version of TWRP without any kind of warning.

I was using latest 3.1.1-1030 which works great on MI 9, but after the attempted upgrade to the MIUI 9.10.31 I ended up with a downgraded TWRP and - of course - a bootloop.

I had to wipe clean everything and start fresh, and this is not the first time I'm having this issue with MIUI 11 weekly on MI9: starting with a clean install (really clean: format data included!) I end up with a bootloop at the very first update, no matter if launched manually or via the Updater App.

Something doesn't add up on MI9

Had the same issue. Completely remove the Galaxy Wereable app, including all plug-ins, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.

Then re-install everything and make sure you turn off MIUI Power Management for both main app and plug-in.

Also, check that the permission for geolocalization is set to "Always Permit" and not to "Only While Using App".

Is it possible to set the search bar to open Google instead of Xiaomi search?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, but you have to remove the Xiaomi "Search App" and reboot. You can use an app like Titanium Backup to do so.

I don't understand why the last update had to force a previous version of TWRP without any kind of warning.

I was using latest 3.1.1-1030 which works great on MI 9, but after the attempted upgrade to the MIUI 9.10.31 I ended up with a downgraded TWRP and - of course - a bootloop.

I had to wipe clean everything and start fresh, and this is not the first time I'm having this issue with MIUI 11 weekly on MI9: starting with a clean install (really clean: format data included!) I end up with a bootloop at the very first update, no matter if launched manually or via the Updater App.

Something doesn't add up on MI9
For Mi9 they using TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio, this version was update from 3.3.1-42 in miui 11 9.10.31 EU ROM :) So your TWRP version was not downgraded it just an other developer version :) Don't understand why an other TWRP flash must end in : "of course - a bootloop".
As i understand TWRP has nothing to do with your problems :)
One thing solves 99% of problems, flash official fastboot ROM and then clean flash EU ROM. After flashing fastboot ROM, flash TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio.

Reactions: Adnan008
For Mi9 they using TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio, this version was update from 3.3.1-42 in miui 11 9.10.31 EU ROM :) So your TWRP version was not downgraded it just an other developer version :) Don't understand why an other TWRP flash must end in : "of course - a bootloop".
As i understand TWRP has nothing to do with your problems :)
One thing solves 99% of problems, flash official fastboot ROM and then clean flash EU ROM. After flashing fastboot ROM, flash TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio.

I can understand that they want to use/prefer/recommend a specific version of TWRP (in this specific case TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio) but still, If I chose to unlock my device and use a custom recovery I would really like a courtesy notice when something - in this case a ROM Update - is going to change that.

As for the downgrade, strictly speaking, whether this is a "pure downgrade" or not it's susceptible to the personal point of view of the user you are right: in this case the accurate term would be "substitution" of the TWRP Recovery. My apologies for the little misunderstanding.

Still, the question persists: why not informing users prior to the aforementioned substitution?

As for the "bootloop", well this tends to happen with a high frequency when you combine a "dirty flash" with a "recovery flash" on a device which is running an "adapted" TWRP - since the official support from TWRP for the MI 9 has yet to be announced. Of course, a clean install with the previously mentioned 3.3.1-46 TWRP works fine. But that wasn't the scope of my post. On the contrary, this proves even more the validity of my initial question: if this ROM can work with both TWRP 3.3.1-46 by mauronofrio and TWRP-3.3.1-1030 by LR TEAM, should the user not be made aware of the replacement to make their choice?

As for the clean install procedure, I thank you for the detailed advice but as they say "this is not my first rodeo": I already went over and above all the classic steps to troubleshoot the issue, and I even experimented a single update coming from a functional previous version just before leaving my previous note.
This erratic behaviour is something I've noticed only in the last updates and causally it coincided with the replacement of the version of the TWRP I mentioned earlier.
I'm not a developer, but I am a physician and applying the simple principle of the "differential diagnosis" pointed me in the direction of the source of the problem. ;-) Hence I reported It.

I can understand that they want to use/prefer/recommend a specific version of TWRP (in this specific case TWRP 3.3.1-46 Unofficial by mauronofrio) but still, If I chose to unlock my device and use a custom recovery I would really like a courtesy notice when something - in this case a ROM Update - is going to change that.

As for the downgrade, strictly speaking, whether this is a "pure downgrade" or not it's susceptible to the personal point of view of the user you are right: in this case the accurate term would be "substitution" of the TWRP Recovery. My apologies for the little misunderstanding.

Still, the question persists: why not informing users prior to the aforementioned substitution?

As for the "bootloop", well this tends to happen with a high frequency when you combine a "dirty flash" with a "recovery flash" on a device which is running an "adapted" TWRP - since the official support from TWRP for the MI 9 has yet to be announced. Of course, a clean install with the previously mentioned 3.3.1-46 TWRP works fine. But that wasn't the scope of my post. On the contrary, this proves even more the validity of my initial question: if this ROM can work with both TWRP 3.3.1-46 by mauronofrio and TWRP-3.3.1-1030 by LR TEAM, should the user not be made aware of the replacement to make their choice?

As for the clean install procedure, I thank you for the detailed advice but as they say "this is not my first rodeo": I already went over and above all the classic steps to troubleshoot the issue, and I even experimented a single update coming from a functional previous version just before leaving my previous note.
This erratic behaviour is something I've noticed only in the last updates and causally it coincided with the replacement of the version of the TWRP I mentioned earlier.
I'm not a developer, but I am a physician and applying the simple principle of the "differential diagnosis" pointed me in the direction of the source of the problem. ;-) Hence I reported It.

There is no reason to inform users :) But you right there is a reason to inform some one is beyond user :) But in the other hand some one is beyond user, will figure it out :)

As for the "bootloop" in dirty flash, it happens when you dirty flash from other ROM. EU ROM is based on china weekly beta but it's a custom ROM and even dirty flash from official china weekly beta can cause crushes and restarts and even bootloop. This is the reason and not the TWRP. Dirty flash is good only when you updating to the same ROM. When you change a ROM even from china to global, it's not good.

May be it's not your first rodeo :) But you saying that clean flash is not helping. Or i have misunderstood you :) So fastboot ROM is not the same as recovery ROM. The fastboot will flash everything and basically restore your device to the state you have bought it :) That's why i took on my self a courage to advice you :) If you already have solved your problem, forget it.

Sorry but IT is not physic :) But your method of "differential diagnosis" is working in many places :) And in IT it sounds like: if something that worked before is not working now, look what has changed :) The only thing it doesn't mater what had changed, even if you reinstalled all same software, one of the changes is that you have reinstalled it :)

Mi mix 2s
Géolocalisation is not performing well as in the past. It seems that positioning it's only achieved through the sensors and lo longer via towers, WiFi etc...

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

There is no reason to inform users :) But you right there is a reason to inform some one is beyond user :) But in the other hand some one is beyond user, will figure it out :)

As for the "bootloop" in dirty flash, it happens when you dirty flash from other ROM. EU ROM is based on china weekly beta but it's a custom ROM and even dirty flash from official china weekly beta can cause crushes and restarts and even bootloop. This is the reason and not the TWRP. Dirty flash is good only when you updating to the same ROM. When you change a ROM even from china to global, it's not good.

May be it's not your first rodeo :) But you saying that clean flash is not helping. Or i have misunderstood you :) So fastboot ROM is not the same as recovery ROM. The fastboot will flash everything and basically restore your device to the state you have bought it :) That's why i took on my self a courage to advice you :) If you already have solved your problem, forget it.

Sorry but IT is not physic :) But your method of "differential diagnosis" is working in many places :) And in IT it sounds like: if something that worked before is not working now, look what has changed :) The only thing it doesn't mater what had changed, even if you reinstalled all same software, one of the changes is that you have reinstalled it :)

Hi...

if you dont like the new twrp... replace it.... as an example:

d:\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.10.24_v11-10(1).zip\recovery\recovery\twrp.img

its up to you...

Regards Kater

Status
Not open for further replies.