Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for explanation.
Can you fix the the additional settings (OTG) and put some icons on the new functions menu?
98f7fc73c0c098fc95457a5104513cac.jpg

adef9080dbc2ba77e5e80987f651204b.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk
Fixed the "Explore new features" menu, but I can't see OTG setting. I made an icon for it, but I'm not sure how you managed to show it.

I have the Mi8 SE.
Very good performance in the last update. System is very responsive and battery is very good. Thanks devs!

PS: In my phone, only 16.6 or 19.0 Magisk work. No other version.

Mix 3 when trying to open and verify banking app with fingerprint, I get a short message that fingerprint in not recognized but after seconds it says ok and enters. Does anyone else has this problem? Is it connected with this Rom cause with global worked ok. Now also Magisk installed.
@Igor Eisberg
Sir I would like to have your opinion as you are the expert here. Is this a Rom issue or something that I did wrong maybe with persist partition or anything else...?
Thanks in advance

Automatically restore default theme!
The first time you enter the lock screen, you can see that the theme is normal. However, after a few seconds, system ui will automatically restore the default theme, and other status bar themes cannot be applied.
After the downgrade to 9.3.21, the theme returns to normal, but mms fc (they are normal before upgrading 9.3.28.)
Now I have to choose between the theme and mms to upgrade.

I have MI A2 and in lats update dont work mobile network. I tried factory reset but dont work. any ideas how pix this? only downgrade?

Bluetooth streaming only working once.

Next time I start the car I have to disable and enable audio streaming in Bluetooth settings (paired device).

The complete notification settings is in english instead of German.

Reactions: ekalkici
bootloop after this update with mi5c. Can anyone help me? Rollback to the previous version is possible?

@Igor Eisberg Did you guys by any chance have another look into what could prevent the dynamic shots from working in the gallery?
Perhaps it is some feature that's available in the China stable for other phones as well, but it's just not enabled in the Global stable / beta yet, so yeah...

@Igor Eisberg Did you guys by any chance have another look into what could prevent the dynamic shots from working in the gallery?
Perhaps it is some feature that's available in the China stable for other phones as well, but it's just not enabled in the Global stable / beta yet, so yeah...
I don't have a device that has Dynamic shots. Not sure how to test that.

i miss the charging ball/animation on lock screen from previous version (Redmi 4x)
There Is any problem with this update?
Scaling issue with 720p devices. It was designed for 1080p devices only.

Automatically restore default theme!
The first time you enter the lock screen, you can see that the theme is normal. However, after a few seconds, system ui will automatically restore the default theme, and other status bar themes cannot be applied.
After the downgrade to 9.3.21, the theme returns to normal, but mms fc (they are normal before upgrading 9.3.28.)
Now I have to choose between the theme and mms to upgrade.
None of us has that problem, and I'm using a custom theme on my main device.

@Igor Eisberg
Sir I would like to have your opinion as you are the expert here. Is this a Rom issue or something that I did wrong maybe with persist partition or anything else...?
Thanks in advance
I got not clue, I'm not expert of anything, especially not of stuff related to hardware.

hy! @Eclipse1991
Factory system installed.
Not the camera now.
What should I do?
Please help!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
We're not providing support for official ROMs.

Scaling issue with 720p devices. It was designed for 1080p devices only.

Sorry I expressed myself bad. I meant of there are any other problem with this update.

However I don't know if it's possible but why you don't out a survey in the main page with all the phone's name asking of Is worth to update or not?

Sorry I expressed myself bad. I meant of there are any other problem with this update.

However I don't know if it's possible but why you don't out a survey in the main page with all the phone's name asking of Is worth to update or not?
Because it's unnecessary, we already have a poll on the top of this post.

Reactions: Latenzo
Is there something I could help out with in regards to testing? As said in a previous post, I'm more than happy to flash an experimental build that might have it working. My assumption with it missing something in regards to the Gallery app is in my opinion still the closest guess I have for it...
Also, I am not sure if you guys have any source code for the firmware public, otherwise I could potentially have a look through that as well (granted, I've never really worked with custom ROMs before so I wouldn't even know what I would need to look out for haha)

How to have yellow icon notification for Snapchat ? Im on defaut theme

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-30-19-30-23-109_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-30-19-30-23-109_com.miui.home.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 276
Because it's unnecessary, we already have a poll on the top of this post.
Redmi 4x:
Battery icon Is bigger than normal in every visual option
Fix it please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-30-21-07-10-555_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-30-21-07-10-555_com.miui.home.png
    839.2 KB · Views: 399
Redmi 4x:
Battery icon Is bigger than normal in every visual option
Fix it please.
Not our problem, we didn't design it.

but i had the charging animation on my Redmi 4x with 9.3.21... don't understand
You had it because we added it on 9.3.21, and then we removed it on 9.3.28 for 720p devices. Kapish?

Is there something I could help out with in regards to testing? As said in a previous post, I'm more than happy to flash an experimental build that might have it working. My assumption with it missing something in regards to the Gallery app is in my opinion still the closest guess I have for it...
Also, I am not sure if you guys have any source code for the firmware public, otherwise I could potentially have a look through that as well (granted, I've never really worked with custom ROMs before so I wouldn't even know what I would need to look out for haha)
Try flashing this on your MI 9 and then try to open a dynamic shot photo in Gallery:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/13megugv3dr4eid/MiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip/file

I am very satisfied with xiaomi.eu-roms. I´ve used them always with my Mi 5S before and now with the Mix 3. I noticed some problems with my Mi Mix, also in the last versions:

When my Mi Mix 3 is in the pocket, it seems, that it activates itself many times. Opening the app menu, there are often some apps in the background, i didn´t start before. Without lockscreen security, but also when i activate the fingerprint security. Don´t know, how it happens, when the device should be secure. Isn´t there a pocket mode as in other phones, that stops activities by the proximity sensor?

In the new version i like to have the percents shown for battery. I think, it would be good, to have it as the only one, because with this feature the symbol is unnecessary.

For the TWRP problem i used the batch file from trading shenzen, then it asks not for a password.

With poco launcher the MiUi is mostly pefect for me because of the app menu in it. But i think it´s time to have an ability for partitions in the bigger space of new phones. So it´s not necessary to copy documents, music and pictures to the storage again, if you make a factory reset/ format data for a clean install. This would be a good idea, using our phones more comfortably. Also it would minimize the data volume for backups.

Try flashing this on your MI 9 and then try to open a dynamic shot photo in Gallery:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/13megugv3dr4eid/MiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip/file
Tried flashing it in TWRP, gave me the following error:

Code:
Installing zip file '/sdcard/DownloadMiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
Skipping Digest check: no Digest file found
set_metadata: some changes failed
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/DownloadMiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

. My assumption with it missing something in regards to the Gallery app is in my opinion still the closest guess I have for it...

I have been playing around trying to get Google's "Motion" to work in several versions of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* in my Mix1 & Note 2, and this only works if you use Google Photo as gallery app.
( No, I haven't got it to work yet, but partially, it seems.)

Is there some system app in Chinese MIUI that might correspond to Google Photo?

Something besides the ordinary Gallery app that might be needed, I mean?

Something besides the ordinary Gallery app that might be needed, I mean?
When I first setup my phone after I got it (which was with the China stable ROM, I'm pretty sure), Mi's version of motion photos was working in their own Gallery app, so I assume they are using their own technology to get that working, meaning it's probably incompatible with Google's Photos app.

I tried flashing the China stable again yesterday through TWRP, but after doing so, my phone didn't want to boot into anything other than TWRP anymore, and whilst I'm not able to do any backups through that, I really don't wanna wipe all partitions again...

/Edit: And yes, the photos you take with the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* will only show in Google's own Photos app.
They had that technology for years at this point, whereas Mi only introduced this with one of the newest China stable versions (if not even with just Mi 9 support)

Status
Not open for further replies.