Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first setup my phone after I got it (which was with the China stable ROM, I'm pretty sure), Mi's version of motion photos was working in their own Gallery app, so I assume they are using their own technology to get that working, meaning it's probably incompatible with Google's Photos app.

I tried flashing the China stable again yesterday through TWRP, but after doing so, my phone didn't want to boot into anything other than TWRP anymore, and whilst I'm not able to do any backups through that, I really don't wanna wipe all partitions again...

I was not expecting Xiaomis version to be compatible with Googles, I was just thinking that if Xiaomi did indeed try to "copy" Google's version, they might have set up a similar system where the "motion" is enabled through some other more sophisticated app than the ordinary Gallery.

I was not expecting Xiaomis version to be compatible with Googles, I was just thinking that if Xiaomi did indeed try to "copy" Google's version, they might have set up a similar system where the "motion" is enabled through some other more sophisticated app than the ordinary Gallery.
If only there was some open standard as to how developers / manufacturers are supposed to do this, then cross-compatibilty would be possible, but oh well...

As for "other more sophisticated app" - Doesn't Google just assume that if you have the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* you... also have Google Photos?
I mean, you can still manually install that from the Play Store of course, but I'm sure that certain phones are actually shipping with both installed in their stock firmware, right?

If only there was some open standard as to how developers / manufacturers are supposed to do this, then cross-compatibilty would be possible, but oh well...

As for "other more sophisticated app" - Doesn't Google just assume that if you have the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* you... also have Google Photos?
I mean, you can still manually install that from the Play Store of course, but I'm sure that certain phones are actually shipping with both installed in their stock firmware, right?

Google Photos is not always included in the stock firmware, and can often be deleted if it is.

I did not have it in any of mine, don't use it normally.
It tries to be another social media app, and wants to share all your photos and videos with all your contacts, uploads your files to the cloud, and then deletes all your local files automatically if you're not careful.

I had to install it to try to get motion to work.

Reactions: hoangdangtrungvn
Tried flashing it in TWRP, gave me the following error:

Code:
Installing zip file '/sdcard/DownloadMiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
Skipping Digest check: no Digest file found
set_metadata: some changes failed
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/DownloadMiuiGallery_9.3.28.flashable.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done
It's a TWRP issue. Try to move MiuiGallery.apk manually to /system/priv-app/MiuiGallery
I got it working.

2019-03-30.png

Exceleten, tengo un Mi Max 3, y con la nueva actualización mejoró la recepción de las señales tanto 3G, 4G y WIFI.
Gracias, buen trabajo.

It's a TWRP issue. Try to move MiuiGallery.apk manually to /system/priv-app/MiuiGallery
I got it working.

View attachment 24051
Wait, so it's actually working on devices other than the Mi 9?
That's impressive! Happy to see that Mi didn't make it exclusive to that device :D

/Edit: Yup! Working on my end, too!
Thank you for this, @Igor Eisberg :)

I assume this is going to be in the next weekly then?
Screenshot_2019-03-31-03-05-21-460_com.miui.extraphoto.png

Last edited:
on whyred newest pie i saw digital wellbeing update on playstore, how to active it/ see it? i dont see on setting

What is dynamic.shot?
I've done a quick recording about this so you can see what it is.
Effectively, it's Mi's own take on Google's "Motion Photos", where it takes multiple pictures (or rather, a short video?) within a short time period (seems to be 1-2 seconds) and later on allows you to take the best / alternative shot from that series of images.

Right now, I don't think there's any information available as to which phones will support this, as it's officially only in the China stable / beta right now...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, @Igor Eisberg I've tried modifying the MiuiGallery.apk on my Mi Mix 2S to be able to view those dynamic shots, but it seems like I don't see these extra buttons on photos that I supposedly took with the dynamic shots mode

Old bugs of Android 8.1 have been taken over. This is bad. Automatic network connection still does not work. Too bad a pity

Attachments

• IMG_20190331_092553.jpg
    IMG_20190331_092553.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 394
Hi firends,
I have a MI 8 with Global China, so i wanted to put this ROM :
-succeed with ADB/Fastboot to instal TWRP Dipper version
-put this last ROM with the TWRP with OTG USB key ( with no error )
-Reboot after TWRP instal this ROM
But my problem is that it is blocked on the MI log with 3 little points and written powered by Android !!!
What can i do ??
I can have acces to Fastboot and the TWRP, but my phone does not start !!
Can you help me please ???
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
I've been having issues with Google Pay for the last 4 updates. Follow all the step of clearing cache and data for Play Services and GPay, but when I finish setting up my card it says my phone can't be used to pay in store.

Mi Mix 3 using Magisk Hide, it passes SafetyNet. Any ideas how to fix?

Old bugs of Android 8.1 have been taken over. This is bad. Automatic network connection still does not work. Too bad a pity
The same problem I had with my Mix 3 under MIUI Pro. That's why I'm back to Xiaomi.eu. Since then everything is going well.
Finally an automatic connection to my WLAN

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk

Google assistance goes to sleep, after few minutes doesn't work "OK GOOGLE". how can I solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.