Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help, as a result, only cleaning through "format data" with "yes" confirmation helped.
After that, I installed the latest firmware version and it worked, system booted
The usual wipe did not work.
As a result, I got a working phone, with a completely cleared memory, now I'm doing bit by bit recovery.
To everyone who plans to upgrade in the near future - I strongly recommend save important data and make backup partitions.
I missed this moment and now is saddened, do not repeat such mistakes

Good luck with your experiments!
I use WhatsApp, Google photos, signal for sms and a password manager. Speeds up the process of restoring everything.

Glad to see your backup an running.

K20pro with latest twrp install ok but error on game app and does not allow me to enter setings.
settings icon is now named face authentication and crashes every time i try to enter

Thank you for the update.
I did it dirty flash from 9.8.1 with twrp 3.3.1-37 and it works nothing wrong found until now
Mi9

What future Pie updates for Mi 9? If you mean a Stable ROM, then sure, whenever a new one is released (that is not based on MIUI V10.2)
As for Weekly, there will be no more Android Pie updates for Mi 9...
Thanx for your quick answer. I asked because several apps still not compatible with Android Q. Also my banking app says that my phone is rooted. With pie i had no problem

Flashed the new TWRP version mentioned on the post on the MI9 and now it keeps booting into TWRP, even after i flashed the new ROM it keeps going into TWRP, i think it's bricked.
Any help? :/

Hello, Mi8 with version 9.8.15 Beta, why now I can't control the slow motion videos? Before I could choose where the video would be in slow motion, now I can't.

Flashed the new TWRP version mentioned on the post on the MI9 and now it keeps booting into TWRP, even after i flashed the new ROM it keeps going into TWRP, i think it's bricked.
Any help? :/

Same happened to me, had to format data - yes, (all gone) and reflash rom.

Backup your info before doing that, still the TWRP 37 properly decrypts Q storage.

You are using beta rom and don't do nandroid backup before update?
Good luck for the future not to lose any data.... ;)

Do not worry. I've been android since the old Galaxy S I9000, and never made any nandroid backup.

I've changed a lot of ROMs on smartphones and never had any major issues.

I had some bootloop when I was always testing new ROMs.

But obviously, I always have a backup of the most important files on the pc.

Messed up notifications on my Mi Note 3, now every single notification turns the screen on.

Also, the app names in the homescreen appear cropped:

Screenshot_2019-08-19-21-33-22-525_com.miui.home.jpg

Last edited:
Mi9, on homescreen sometimes the notification letters stays black as wallpaper, and we can't read the information
852338546ee779c351394657c447eaa2.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Guys, I updated recovery on Mi 9 to TWRP 37 (supports Android Q encryption), flashed the re-uploaded 9.8.15 and phone boots now only in TWRP, seems no system, no 3 dots loading on Mi logo.

I tried:
1. Revered to TWRP 35 - pushed 9.8.15 trough ADB, still nothing - pushed the first version of 9.8.15

Seems like I need to format data, any other ideas?

One question, the ROM for MI9 on androidfilehost is out of date compared to sourceforge, although both are 9.8.15?

Does the sourceforge site ROM have any bug fixes? For example, on the lock screen, the bar is stretched too far and cuts some icons

One question, the ROM for MI9 on androidfilehost is out of date compared to sourceforge, although both are 9.8.15?

Does the sourceforge site ROM have any bug fixes? For example, on the lock screen, the bar is stretched too far and cuts some icons
The re-uploaded fixes safetynet check

Guys,

today after flashing TWRP .37 I got to format my DATA (sigh), so I ended up losing all (of course, not all, because .37 TWRP supports encryption for Q, so I downloaded my pix and etc).

BUT!

What I did? I wanted to have a clean install so I downloaded and installed via FASTBOOT the latest China Dev Rom (MIUI CN). Of course it was Pie based. So I flashed TWRP and installed the closed beta MIUI 10 China ROM.

After that I flashed 9.8.15 Xiaomi.eu only to realize that if you DONT fix Google Pay under Pie, you have no chances (as of today) to fix GPay under Q...

So what I did:

1. Installed latest China Dev MIUI fastboot with Mi Flash
2. Install custom TWRP .37 (Q +P) recovery
3. Install xiaomi.eu (P based) - version 9.8.1 last PIE xiaomi.eu for Mi9
4. Installed - Magisk 19.3
5. Installed - Installed -> https://github.com/davidramiro/gpay-gms-patch/blob/master/README.md
6. Applied gms patch (via termux/terminal as per the instructions)
7. Setup Google Pay with Revolut - ALL working
8. Via TWRP flashed 9.8.15 (re-upload v2 rom)`

And this is how I got 9.8.15 Q + Magisk + Gpay

Reactions: dfight
missing the feature- Automatic Darkmode at night

and any advise to inmstall magisk on mi )

Weird thing in my k20 pro - I went to bed having 80% of battery, in the morning something woke me, I check my phone and it's turned off... I boot it and it has 13% of battery. It also restarted by itself like 2 days ago. Anyone else does have random reboots or turn-offs?

I also had this problems. Solved with clean install. Format data, reboot twrp, flash rom. Now it's working flawlessly.

Anybody have the same issue like me? Ambient screen only when my phone is charging. Anybody help?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Same happened to me, had to format data - yes, (all gone) and reflash rom.

Backup your info before doing that, still the TWRP 37 properly decrypts Q storage.

If you have a special module in magisk (e.g. smali patcher) you have to remove this modules BEFORE flashing.
If you dont remove it before you will be in a bootloop. If you install the old rom version, it should work and you can remove the module.

Perhaps you can try this before "format data" -> magisk uninstaller:

[2019.6.4] Magisk v19.3 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 4.2+]

[2019.6.4] Magisk v19.3 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 4.2+] Magisk

Regards Kater

Reactions: velqn
I am currently on Xiaomi EU 9.8.1 Rom and wanted to update directly to 9.8.15 (Android Q/10). So, is it okay to upgrade directly from 9.8.1 to 9.8.15? As far as I understand, first i need to upgrade my twrp to the latest version and then flash the Rom directly from there.

Note: I am using K20 Pro. Thanks.

Reactions: soriyari
I am currently on Xiaomi EU 9.8.1 Rom and wanted to update directly to 9.8.15 (Android Q/10). So, is it okay to upgrade directly from 9.8.1 to 9.8.15? As far as I understand, first i need to upgrade my twrp to the latest version and then flash the Rom directly from there.

Note: I am using K20 Pro. Thanks.
Ok to go..

Hey brothers! I flashed 9.18.5, it looks fine, but when I use play it shows DF-DFERH-01? what happened

Is there a limitation to return to Global MIUI ROM on Mix2S/Max3 after flash EU ROM?
I ask because anti-rollback.
Thanks

I also had this problems. Solved with clean install. Format data, reboot twrp, flash rom. Now it's working flawlessly.

Man, clean installed yesterday and random reboot at night ;/ I woke up in the morning and the phone was pin-locked - meaning it rebooted. Also, the uptime in status was about 5h so less than my sleep time. I have no idea what's causing it. The only difference at night is auto-scheduled battery saver, but phone worked like 2h after it turned on, then I went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.