9.8.8/9/10/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed for Mi9 successfully over a dirty flash, everything seems to be fine except Magisk. When I flash Magisk v19.3 via TWRP (which also works fine, LR. Team version), the phone boots, stays on for a brief moment and reboots to recovery. Any fix?

4. Browse to /data/system
5. Delete the "package_cache" folder.
Please help. I can't see the folder names. All is encrypted in the file manager.

I'm in the same boat. I guess we either need to wait for a version of TWRP that can decrypt Q or do a clean install. I'm going to try and hold out for a few days for TWRP that can decrypt. As far as I can see, I just can't get to Settings, everything else seems to work. 9.8.8 worked fine on my MI9 all weekend. I just saw 9.8.10 today and decided to go for it. I really wish I hadn't set my default USB mode to be file transfer, then I could have potentially used adb shell to remove package_cache folder or at least created a logcat to better know what's going on.

I have several mistakes found .... Mainly in the Stock Chamber Stock of Redmi Note 7 ... I do not get the 48M mode, night mode, watermark on the photos ... There will be a solution! ???

Installed for Mi9 successfully over a dirty flash, everything seems to be fine except Magisk. When I flash Magisk v19.3 via TWRP (which also works fine, LR. Team version), the phone boots, stays on for a brief moment and reboots to recovery. Any fix?

before it reboots clear all the modules from magisk and then reboot and install your modules again

Is there anyway to remove the modules without having Magisk, because I have very small time to remove the modules

i think no . i had this issue before .and there is no other way just keep trying until you get it . and keep reboot from the twrp

i think no . i had this issue before .and there is no other way just keep trying until you get it . and keep reboot from the twrp
Apparently there is a .zip that can be flashed in TWRP and allows you to use the terminal to delete modules. Google it, could be helpful sometimes. I fixed my problem, although there seems to be some other small bugs. 1)The screen now seems less responsive
2) After reboot, you have to unlock twice to go to home screen.

on my mi8se I can't download netflix through the app store and the apks are not working as well, do you know of a solution?

Hey everyone! Probably late to the party or not, but I've been using this ROM on my 9 SE for a while now and it works great. There's one minor detail tho, that doesn't always work. The option to "hold the power button for 0.5s to aunch the AI", stops working after I reboot the device or after a long time by just being powered on. The only way to fix this is to re-enable the option, even tho it's not disabled by itself.
Don't know if it's a bug on this ROM only or if it's a China related bug, but last week it worked with no problems whatsoever.
By the way, thank you a lot developers, for keeping up your amazing work!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-13-01-39-06-050_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-13-01-39-06-050_com.android.settings.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 270
Redmi k20 pro:

-Flashed in twrp 9.8.8, worked ok until I noticed 9.8.12.
-Reboot in twrp, encryption gone, flashed 9.8.12, booted but can't use it because I can't get into launcher (i get a "games has stopped" error), I can't even get into settings because of that error. I don't have a log because I couldn't access anything...
flashed back 9.8.8, working fine so far

Downgrading isn't recommended, why?
My wifi is all messed up. With P I never had that problems.
Is downgrading possible? By dirty flashing?

Hey everyone! Probably late to the party or not, but I've been using this ROM on my 9 SE for a while now and it works great. There's one minor detail tho, that doesn't always work. The option to "hold the power button for 0.5s to aunch the AI", stops working after I reboot the device or after a long time by just being powered on. The only way to fix this is to re-enable the option, even tho it's not disabled by itself.
Don't know if it's a bug on this ROM only or if it's a China related bug, but last week it worked with no problems whatsoever.
By the way, thank you a lot developers, for keeping up your amazing work!
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (menu icon) -> Default apps
Make sure Google is selected in both "Assist & voice input -> Assist app" and "Voice assistant -> Wake with button shortcuts".

Reactions: Zezebro
Thanks for update and working hard!
9.8.10 on Mi9 show 5GB RAM (in "My device" and "Droid info").
If I reboot the phone it shows me 6GB RAM.
It stays that way for a while, but then again it shows only 5GB.

Apparently there is a .zip that can be flashed in TWRP and allows you to use the terminal to delete modules. Google it, could be helpful sometimes. I fixed my problem, although there seems to be some other small bugs. 1)The screen now seems less responsive
2) After reboot, you have to unlock twice to go to home screen.

Hi together,

you can use a tool like this:

or do it manually:
If you can launch TWRP then :

Check magisk.img exist
Go to "advanced" and then click on "File Manager".
Check there is "magisk.img" file under "/data/adb" and if its not encrypted

Mount magisk.img
Make a temp folder
mkdir /mktmp

Mount magisk.img to /mktmp
mount -o loop /data/adb/magisk.img /mktmp

Navigate to mktmp and remove your module
cd /mktmp
rm -rf /mktmp/<MODULENAME>

Unmount magisk.img and reboot to check if it's work
Unmount magisk.img
umount /mktmp
Leave terminal and reboot the phone

More details of magisk file structure you can find here:

And now no more comments about magisk in this thread :)

regards Kater

Last edited:
Redmi k20 pro:

-Flashed in twrp 9.8.8, worked ok until I noticed 9.8.12.
-Reboot in twrp, encryption gone, flashed 9.8.12, booted but can't use it because I can't get into launcher (i get a "games has stopped" error), I can't even get into settings because of that error. I don't have a log because I couldn't access anything...
flashed back 9.8.8, working fine so far
Got exactly the same issue on Mi 9 with 9.8.10, it was because of the dirty flash, after wiping and flashing again I was able to process with the setup wizard (except for Google cloud restore not working on this version for me)

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Downgrading isn't recommended, why?
My wifi is all messed up. With P I never had that problems.
Is downgrading possible? By dirty flashing?
Yes it's possible , I went back to 9.8.1 but don't know for dirty flash... I wiped everything and formated data to be sure about not getting encryption issues

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Denir
After clean instal batrery drain is verry good with 9.8.10, caméra no issue atm calls/data good

Mi 9. After the last flash - 9.8.10 I have a problem with auto brightness. The screen lights up very slowly when unlocked or ringed. Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat. I guess we either need to wait for a version of TWRP that can decrypt Q or do a clean install. I'm going to try and hold out for a few days for TWRP that can decrypt. As far as I can see, I just can't get to Settings, everything else seems to work. 9.8.8 worked fine on my MI9 all weekend. I just saw 9.8.10 today and decided to go for it. I really wish I hadn't set my default USB mode to be file transfer, then I could have potentially used adb shell to remove package_cache folder or at least created a logcat to better know what's going on.
Is it possible to downgrade do 9.8.8? Dirty flash over 9.8.10?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

HMK20Pro 9.8.12
- Fixed German language FC at battery stat
- Added App drawer option in MIUI Launcher
- Fixed missing Google Calendar Sync.

- Fixed missing Camera modes for Spanish language
- Fixed Ultra Battery saver
Downloading...

Status
Not open for further replies.