[Already Fixed] Sync messages from Xiaomi Cloud NOT WORKING

viper8844

Members
Dec 29, 2018
Hello, First of all let me say Thanks for the great and up-to-date ROMs.
Then let me say that i'm using [MIUI 11.1] 9.10.24 on my 'Mi8Pro' device, a very new and fresh installation, just switched from Offical MIUI 10 Global Weekly rom to this.
Logged into my Xiaomi account and Syncing everything works fine EXCEPT Messages!
I even tried to go to 'Messages app > Settings > Sync messages from Xiaomi Cloud' but it just keeps loading and that loading icon never disapear, it sometimes stop but i click on the icon and it again keeps loading BUT NOTHING LOADS!
Cannot load previous messages from the Cloud AND NOT ALSO Syncing and saving current (new) SMS messages to the Cloud! I mean NO SYNCING works with Messages.

Reactions: user 672
Fresh install of latest beta miui 11, and messages stored in cloud but not syncing back to my phone, also WhatsApp stuck at Checking backup page (see attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-29-02-29-41-207_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-29-02-29-41-207_com.whatsapp.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 3,404
Still the same...
Mi 8 Pro - Xiaomi.EU 9.10.31

FYI, not even working with having VPN connected, i mean it's not the reason.

We need message app from old versions miui so we can push it and swap with the current one.

Just a thought.

TBH I'm waiting for a fix, not for a workaround or such things because it's not happening to only a few users as i can see several threads regarding this bug.

Last edited:
I have installed another app for message and the result is same.

For me, the broblem if located in xioami Mi-account phone number checking.

I flashed the rom 9.9.6 v10.10 and turned on sync with the micoud. After I updated to the latest version, the sync with the micoud was working normally, no more errors

MIX 3, dirty flash, magisk installed
Messages sync with mi cloud stopped after 9.10.31 update. This week's update (9.11.7) didn't fix the issue

For Mi8SE
Because latest working version is Android 9 9.10.10, next version is Android 10 and facing this problem. Here is my workaround
Prepare: 9.10.10 rom, 9.11.7 rom. TWRP 3.3.0 0423

- First, backup your un-synced sms using 3rd app, I'm using SMS backup and restore
- Clean install 9.10.10. DO NOT reboot system. Install TWRP 0423 right after 9.10.10
- Reboot system, and check if sms sync successfully
- Reboot into recovery. Install 9.11.7. This ROM contain twrp 1029, safe
- Wipe dalvik, cache and reboot. Voila. Restore your backed-up sms

Reactions: Calligari
Still not working again 9.12.5 :(

Sorry I've checked again. It synced to Mi cloud but show unsynced in SMS app

Last edited:
same problem (on MIUI 11), did you find a solution?
sorry I just noticed, this forum is about a custom ROM (I have the global version)

Last edited: