Android 7 Mi4c Battery Issues

MiQuenDroid

Members
May 25, 2016
Hello,
I upgraded my Mi4c to MIUI 7.2.9, but I have some battery issues.
I must wait the next week or I can redownload and reflash the ROM ?

I must wait the permission... The battery is so poop OMG!

It's because in the first release of xiaomi.eu of version 7.2.9, the first four cores stay under heavy load(60% to 100%) all the freaking time, even if you are not using anything or have any app open at the time!

If you don't want to wait you can use this method \/

You can use edl mode to downgrade and unlock your phone:
  1. Put your phone in fastboot and type fastboot oem edl (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  2. Your phone will then enter in edl mode(kind of emergency recovery state), it will be a black screen, don't be afraid!
  3. In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.
  4. After the flashing is done, you need to reboot your phone and you do this by pressing the power button for 8 seconds, you will need to wait for your phone to boot up to 6.1.7, after it boots up, you just need to power off your phone and put it in fastboot again and type fastboot oem unlock. (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  5. Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
  6. Now you can flash twrp or flash official xiaomi roms.
Downloads:
PS: I'm not responsible for any mistakes or damages that you can cause to your phone! Do this at your on risk!

Reactions: MiQuenDroid
It's because in the first release of xiaomi.eu of version 7.2.9, the first four cores stay under heavy load(60% to 100%) all the freaking time, even if you are not using anything or have any app open at the time!

1. Put your phone in fastboot and type fastboot oem edl (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  2. Your phone will then enter in edl mode(kind of emergency recovery state), it will be a black screen, don't be afraid!
  3. In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.
  4. After the flashing is done, you need to reboot your phone and you do this by pressing the power button for 8 seconds, you will need to wait for your phone to boot up to 6.1.7, after it boots up, you just need to power off your phone and put it in fastboot again and type fastboot oem unlock. (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  5. Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
Downloads:
PS: I'm not responsible for any mistakes or damages that you can cause to your phone! Do this at your on risk!
Hello, and now, what can I install twrp now with this version of miui?

sorry, my english is bad. I have a problem, i did that you said, and then try install other rom exactly 5.10.8 (why this? because i saw a tutorial to install twrp and the first step was this). Now, my phone don´t run, when start, unblock screnn but there is a bug and i can´t do anything.

i´m trying doing the same that you say (type fastboot oem edl. but now say "FAILED (remote:unknown comand)ç

Can you help me??

Thank you sooo much

sorry, my english is bad. I have a problem, i did that you said, and then try install other rom exactly 5.10.8 (why this? because i saw a tutorial to install twrp and the first step was this). Now, my phone don´t run, when start, unblock screnn but there is a bug and i can´t do anything.

i´m trying doing the same that you say (type fastboot oem edl. but now say "FAILED (remote:unknown comand)ç

Can you help me??

Thank you sooo much

You don't know how to install twrp so you mixed up my tutorial with another one? You probably messed up something? Indeed your english is pretty bad, its hard to understand exactly what you mean :(!

Anyway there is always a way to revive a device! Follow my tutorial dude, first you put your phone in fastboot mode(Turned it on using volume - and power buttons) and then you go to where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot(C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) and you double click cmd-here to execute it and then you use the command fastboot oem edl with the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool \/ in this window \/

180bc3d071eae0159eb3070d69ced344.png

Then you follow the rest to flash miui 6.1.7! After, to flash twrp, you need to download - https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img - and copy it to the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder tool and put the phone in fastboot again, and again with the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool, you use the commands - fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img (to flash twrp) and fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img (to boot in twrp), now you can download xiaomi.eu stable rom and flash it - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298918255

Downloads:

You have to unpack the tgz file until you see the dictonary for the flashing of the bootloader. And remember make a backup of all data. Because it is like a factory reset, everything is wpied.

Hello,
What is the current battery consumption situation?
Has there been any significant improvement after reupload?
Is equivalent to version 8.1.3.0 stable?

xSharkx - So I need do downgrade do 6.1.7 - 2015 rom? Than twrp 3.020, than stable one - V8.1.3.0.L (your link) and then again the twrp 3.030 - for Android 7 and than the new android 7 for Mi4c. What about if I install the second one the MIUI 6.12.22 - the last od the 5.1. android, and than the android 7?
Thank you.

You don't know how to install twrp so you mixed up my tutorial with another one? You probably messed up something? Indeed your english is pretty bad, its hard to understand exactly what you mean :(!

Anyway there is always a way to revive a device! Follow my tutorial dude, first you put your phone in fastboot mode(Turned it on using volume - and power buttons) and then you go to where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot(C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) and you double click cmd-here to execute it and then you use the command fastboot oem edl with the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool \/ in this window \/

180bc3d071eae0159eb3070d69ced344.png

Then you follow the rest to flash miui 6.1.7! After, to flash twrp, you need to download - https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img - and copy it to the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder tool and put the phone in fastboot again, and again with the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool, you use the commands - fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img (to flash twrp) and fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img (to boot in twrp), now you can download xiaomi.eu stable rom and flash it - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298918255

xSharkx - So I need do downgrade do 6.1.7 - 2015 rom? Than twrp 3.020, than stable one - V8.1.3.0.L (your link) and then again the twrp 3.030 - for Android 7 and than the new android 7 for Mi4c. What about if I install the second one the MIUI 6.12.22 - the last od the 5.1. android, and than the android 7?
Thank you.
I did all the steps above and installed stable 8.1.3.0. If you install Android 7 again, you will relock your bootloader.

In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.

How can I flash this older version? I have installed the Miflash 2015.10.28.0 - in this program I do what? I found the files (wich I have decompressed earlyer - libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn and now i click Flash (flash all except storage - or I need to click flash all?) and it says: The system can not finde the file specified. (0x80070002: Open serial port "\\.\COM10"). The device is found at port COM10.

So how to instal this older version?
Thank you.

at first you have to start the edl modus via ADB and fastboot. The you can flash "all except storage"
If you flashed your device successfully you you can flash your recovery with the ADB as well and after that you can install the older ROM with the TWRP recovery mode

Gesendet von meinem Mi-4c mit Tapatalk

It does not work. It starts to flash but in 6 second it says: Reached the end of the file.(0x80070026: Receiving hello packet). And than it stops. In the middle it say mised the hello packet. (I have unziped the libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn.tar - from tar twice to get a directory with files it it.

It does not work. It starts to flash but in 6 second it says: Reached the end of the file.(0x80070026: Receiving hello packet). And than it stops. In the middle it say mised the hello packet. (I have unziped the libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn.tar - from tar twice to get a directory with files it it.
I think you are opening the wrong file. You have to search the folder named "recovery" inside that zip.

There are no folder recovery in the file libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn.tar. I have unziped it twice and that is all in the file I have downloaded from this page.

There are no folder recovery in the file libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn.tar. I have unziped it twice and that is all in the file I have downloaded from this page.

Put your phone in fastboot mode, then use minimal adb and fastboot tool to put the phone in edl mode, then the rest of the tutorial of this post - https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/android-7-mi4c-battery-issues.38261/#post-352163

Point miflash to this folder \/! and select flash all option in mi flash.

http://shrani.najdi.si/?34/er/2okowotU/2.jpg

Are you using a x64 OS ? This older version of miflash has problems with x86 OS.

Last edited:
Ye, I have x64 windows 10. I have tried exactly as it says. And point in that folder.

Edited:
It works. cool. I am now in older version. You have said tu put now the stable version - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.1.3.0.LXKCNDI_v8-5.1.zip.
How about If I put the last working ROM before Android 7 - the version 6.12.22 - weekly release? Or I need to put the stable one? And than the Androd 7?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Ye, I have x64 windows 10. I have tried exactly as it says. And point in that folder.

Edited:
It works. cool. I am now in older version. You have said tu put now the stable version - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.1.3.0.LXKCNDI_v8-5.1.zip.
How about If I put the last working ROM before Android 7 - the version 6.12.22 - weekly release? Or I need to put the stable one? And than the Androd 7?
Thank you.
You can install 6.12.22 or stable 8.1.3.0 if you want and keep your bootloader unlocked. Android 7 will relock again.

Ok, I have instaled stable 8.1.3.0, If I will install Android 7, I will have to install 6.12.22 before that. If I go from stable to weekly, do I lose data? I will wait, to so what will come with this Android 7, with all the bugs and everything.
Thank you RFontes, xsharx.

I
Ok, I have instaled stable 8.1.3.0, If I will install Android 7, I will have to install 6.12.22 before that. If I go from stable to weekly, do I lose data? I will wait, to so what will come with this Android 7, with all the bugs and everything.
Thank you RFontes, xsharx.
If you go from stable to weekly it's better to wipe data also but the reverse you don't need to. I'll stay on last stable and wait... :)