Aosp 4.4 KitKat ROM AOSP by ivan

I decided to give this rom a try. Let's see whether I will be content with it.

Also, @paulrlz (or anybody else, but paulrlz has been testing this rom for quite some time hehe)
What did you use as battery settings? Power saving on and which CPU mode? It seemed the battery drained faster when I enabled these options, but maybe I should not have turned them both on at the same time. Would be happy to know which settings people are using.

Reactions: paulrlz
Battery life is great after first day of use, At night i turned flight mode on and in 7.5 hours it drained 4%

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

I decided to give this rom a try. Let's see whether I will be content with it.

Also, @paulrlz (or anybody else, but paulrlz has been testing this rom for quite some time hehe)
What did you use as battery settings? Power saving on and which CPU mode? It seemed the battery drained faster when I enabled these options, but maybe I should not have turned them both on at the same time. Would be happy to know which settings people are using.

I only use normal mode, + save power on (click on it on the left for submenu). Power save change the governor to Msmdcvs, max 1ghz, normal mode have interactive at 1.7ghz, but i dont know why, battery life its the same. Anyway, i m using the rom from maybe 8-10 days, its good, better than 4.1 (splitted notification panel, finally!). Aosp4.1 have still bettere battery life (10% more). There are some bugs, like slow speed downloads (only for the firs day), some random reboots (1 at day), and the battery, every 1/2 days, starts to drain faster than the normal, just power off the phone, (not reboot), fix this.

iliasso01
Battery life is great after first day of use, At night i turned flight mode on and in 7.5 hours it drained 4%

Not bad, but if you use greenefy, you can improve this.I had 0.5\1% battery drain in 8 hours in fly mode :)

Tips: I found that msmdcvs is the better governor for battery life, especially if used with deadline I\O :) Anyway, you will have slow wake up, you can fix this by raising up the min cpu freq :)

Reactions: RobinHood00
Not bad, but if you use greenefy, you can improve this.I had 0.5\1% battery drain in 8 hours in fly mode :)
holy thats a lot which app do you out in hibernate mode? Or how does it work?

i ibernate facebook\messenger, exchange service, all the google play services and xiaomi market :)

nothing, if you buy greneefy pro, notifications if you have free version.. i suggest you to buy it, its a must have for android :)

Thanks! I have it running without any battery saving tricks on today. I will just test the rom for a few days and keep in mind to shut off the phone once every two days. I had 2% battery drain in 10 hours flight mode or so. Let's see what this baby will do. And yes. FINNALY QUICKSETTINGS lol :D

Should've deleted Miui market before flashing though...
Rootappdelete says I don't have rooting rights :/ Probably need to install superuser... weird

Edit: Now I have two SuperSU on my phone :p

Last edited:
Hey anybody tested Viper4Android for this Rom? For me it wont work :( and the phone speakers are really quite....

Yes, surprisingly it worked straight away. No compatibility mode needed: just Install, in settings-sounds-music effects enable it. Reboot and it was working. In other KitKat ROMs I had more issues to get it working

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have it running without any battery saving tricks on today. I will just test the rom for a few days and keep in mind to shut off the phone once every two days. I had 2% battery drain in 10 hours flight mode or so. Let's see what this baby will do. And yes. FINNALY QUICKSETTINGS lol :D

Should've deleted Miui market before flashing though...
Rootappdelete says I don't have rooting rights :/ Probably need to install superuser... weird

Edit: Now I have two SuperSU on my phone :p

remember that the rom needs to settle :) For the first days, shut down the phone when you see the battery drain :)

Ok Viper works after reboot :) i wipl post my battery life when its at the end.....much 3g today, gps on and now i have 45% :D

here my battery stats :) ....its quite good, the same like stock miui dev rom! But i will test it too with 2G and GPS off and so on :) ....

Last edited:
Hey,

How did you guys set up the notification led? I always have a lot of problems with apps like lightflow and they drain battery. Anybody has a golden egg ;) ?

Hey,

How did you guys set up the notification led? I always have a lot of problems with apps like lightflow and they drain battery. Anybody has a golden egg ;) ?
I just never touch the settings, I only change color within the app itself (ex. Whatsapp I use green or white)

I just never touch the settings, I only change color within the app itself (ex. Whatsapp I use green or white)
You mean using lightflow or the notification settings inside whatsapp?

Because it seems the notificaiton led stops rather quick. I would like it to stay on like 5-10 minutes. I do not check my phone that often and it's always on silent mode so the only way I get notified is by the notification led. Yes I always miss phone calls :p

I haven't got any problems with notification led. I didn't do anything with it. I only changed the whatsapp notification led to green in the WhatsApp app.
And i turned of charging led with GravityBox

i'am now at 20 hours, with 46% left. This is already my best cycle ever

Mmm... Well I will just accept it for now. I might have screwed up a bit when flashing. At first I had problems with GAPPS then I flashed it again and I probably forgot to wipe data (allthough I thought I checked that), anyhow I ended up with GAPPS, working. Only wish I could delete Google Play Music.

Atm I haven't charged my phone since sunday around 23.00. I still have 63% left, but only 1.15h screen on time lol.