[App][2014-07-03] MIUICamera for NON-MIUI ROM's

@userdhf ART isn't sth you add support for. ART is 100% compatible with all apps - at least per specification.
In KK ART is very buggy and shouldn't be used.

About the headset control: I currently don't have plans doing this - is it supported in MIUI?

ok, i will forget art ,it useless for now.just full of curiosity.

About headset control:v5 support that function.and a great deal of users want to add Buletooth wireless control..they saw HTC supported buletooh shutter .

in miui v5 ,firstly,in setting-headphone-select Control volume level(after assign buttons is better)
secondly,run camera -camera advanced functions-turn off simple mode-in camera setting again-volume buttons-shutter.

i used that function with tripod leg and take some long exposure pictures.it s very useful

Last edited:
Hi @M1cha Yes I guess it's possible,
But you may be really busy with all your builds, so I'll take a look by myself and try it :p That'll be a good eperimentation.
But actually it's not a big deal as my CPU frequencies are totally messed up with android 5.0 on my Mi4 xD (Impossible to get 2.5GHz all of the time, when I boot or lock the device it drop to 300MHz max)

Reactions: M1cha
good luck. btw I think they abstracted their framework changes in a better way with V6.
When I patched calculator to not need framework-miui-res.apk and installed it in past, I got a message that the MIUI SDK is missing(instead of the usual crash u get with v5 apps).

After hacking and installing the SDK (it's a system app), I started getting the much appreciated FC's :D
So I guess if we manage to port and fix the whole SDK we could install any MIUI v6 app.

No skills saved your time. MIUI6 camera app is has castrated functions, so it would be wasting of precious time.

No skills saved your time. MIUI6 camera app is has castrated functions, so it would be wasting of precious time.

Hum not sure, Actually I own a Mi4, manual mode is really interesting, you can set :
-Focus
-Light temperature
-Exposure/sutter speed
-ISO

And on lollipop rom I have no way to get these functions (and camera quality is poor but on MIUI it's great) as camera 2 api is not implemented on this device. It seems that camera sensor imx214 1st generation does not support this new api.
And I don't know how Xiaomi manage to get such functions on KitKat.

Mi4 is different case.
Yup different sensor. But I'm wondering why the camera 2 api support is only legacy as xiaomi managed to get manual control.
I don't really know how api and driver works together,and if it will be possible to integrate support for this.
But yes mi2 and mi4 are different.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Xiaomi has own API, manual control wasn't invented by Google or Xiaomi. Google just implemented it in own API.

Xiaomi has own API, manual control wasn't invented by Google or Xiaomi. Google just implemented it in own API.

Hum yes I just took a lot of informations on the web and kitkat has hidden camera 2 api (test version or beta I guess). Xiaomi may use that api which is present on kitkat.

I tried to use lollipop miui sdk from Mi2 rom and push it with proper permission in /system/app and tried to make the same with MiuiCamera.apk into /system/priv-app when I rebooted I had a fc loop for Miui sdk. So it may need a deeper look into it. But that's where my ability stops. Can't do more actually.

Envoyé de mon MI 4 en utilisant Tapatalk