Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!


What is your favourite patching method?


  • Total voters
    50
As roenano said before, let's call it a side effect of the libwebcore.so bcuz it's not original from MIUI. Sorry mate.

Great news!!!!!!
thanks to the great work of "BrightIdea" at XDA seems that from now it's possible to patch every libwebcore.so file automatically. I can't read Arabic or Persian but from a small test comparing the text in Al Jazeera site from my computer to the phone the Letters seem to be well rendered and in the right order.
Just made a flashable zip so you can try it and please please please give feedback so I can contact BrightIdea and tell him "all good" for MIUI and I can add it to the RTL tool.

If it works for you (or not) please specify you device, what works (or not) and if you experience any side effect.

DHD, Desire Z, Nexus S and may be others need to "mount /system" manually in recovery before flashing the zip.

Download:
MIUI-1.8.12-Arabic-Browser.zip

Link to BrightIdea's thread:
[MOD] libwebcore.so (browser) universal arabic shaping patch
 
WOOOW great job
I just flashed the new libwebcore and the rendering is perfect in the browser , Email & Gmail ,and the copy 'force close' solved too :)
no problem so far and every thing seems good
tested on my N1 running MIUI 1.8.12
thank you Roenano & Brighidea
 
First of all
Thank u roenano for the great news.
Great job u and Brigheidea did to fix arabic. we could not do it without you So THANK U SO MUCH.
second :
Any1 provide me with working RTL script update bcuz MIUI-Arabic-RTL-T9-Script-V2.1 does not work with me with 1.8.12 ?
Thanx.
 
Hi mates.
Any1 provide me with working RTL script update bcuz MIUI-Arabic-RTL-T9-Script-V2.1 does not work with me with 1.8.12 ?
Thanx.

the script is working perfectly on 1.8.12 ,try unpack the ROM and paste the generated files from the script then repack it again and flash it
remember to toggle signature verification off in recovery,this method worked every time with me
good luck
 
Everything works fine with me.
Thank u roenano, Thank u Brightidea for the hard work.
Thank u so much :)
 
Wow ! It's amazing. Working very good. Tanks my friend.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
 
Can anyone post the rtl fix? I'm nowhere near a pc and I need this please!!

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk
 
Tomorrow I'm presenting my final project at the university and then will have some more time to work on the tool, so hopefully this week we'll have an updated tool with all the features available (new webcore O2X support, etc)

Please be patient...
 
The patch is not working for the new release 1.8.19beta, i generated the patch without any issues, but it stucks on boot logo after reboot.

The patch i made for 1.8.12beta51 is working for the new release beta6.
 
Tomorrow I'm presenting my final project at the university and then will have some more time to work on the tool, so hopefully this week we'll have an updated tool with all the features available (new webcore O2X support, etc)

Please be patient...

Good luck.
 
Geat Job. But it doesn't work on MIUI 1.8.5/12/19 for LG 2X. it generate the .zip without errors, but when i flash it, it say : "Installation aborted (status 0)".
 
Geat Job. But it doesn't work on MIUI 1.8.5/12/19 for LG 2X. it generate the .zip without errors, but when i flash it, it say : "Installation aborted (status 0)".

Hi ellaia, can you try moving the "system" folder within the generated RTLFix zip to the attached zip and tell me how it goes?

EDIT: irrelevant now, there's a new patch out!
 
New patch is out!!!!

MIUI-Arabic-RTL-T9-Script-V3:
- Added Brightidea's libwebcore.so auto-patch, it will perfectly fix browser and gmail without any side effect!
- small changes to the code, if the tool is not able to patch the framework.jar properly it will close.
- Added support for Optimus 2x flashable zip.

Feedback is always appreciated!!
 
there is some annoying issue with this RTL fix..
it gives me a space at the start of the sentence after some letters.. so it keeps moving left and i end having lot of spacing in the start..
it was with the old tool... i dont know what about the new tool.. didnt try it yet..
hebrew, though, is working almost perfectly (instead of twitter reversing the URLs)

Edit: it's not a keyboard issue: i've tried 3 keyboard.. no success (one is arabic only)
it's not fonts issue: i've tried every arabic font.
it's not libwebcore/libandroid_runtime.so issue.. i've pushed them to my desire from a perfectly working arabic from HD2..
i think it is a framework issue :S:S:S

Edit2: seems it realy was framework.jar issue.. i've tried ur new tool: arabic and hebrew are working.. just perfectly
 

Similar threads

Replies
470
Views
143K
  • Locked
HyperOS 1.0 24.7.1
Replies
54
Views
30K
  • Locked
HyperOS 1.0 24.6.3
Replies
46
Views
31K
  • Locked
HyperOS 1.0 24.5.27
Replies
90
Views
34K