Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
there is some annoying issue with this RTL fix..

Edit2: seems it realy was framework.jar issue.. i've tried ur new tool: arabic and hebrew are working.. just perfectly

That's indeed a framework issue. Working on a fix, but it's not an easy one.

dear roenano thank you for new tools v3
3 times i try still same error (no problem with v2.1)(nexus one)

Are you trying by any chance to patch an already patched libandroid_runtime????

That's indeed a framework issue. Working on a fix, but it's not an easy one.

it has improved a lot with the last version. a lot..
it still has some few not so much annoying bugs :)

Edit: Hebrew does have 1 annoying issue.. it sometimes drops the last letter of a sentecne (in sms)

yes my friend

So you shouldn't....
if you want to apply the new patch you have to take all the original and unpatched files...

it has improved a lot with the last version. a lot..
it still has some few not so much annoying bugs :)

Edit: Hebrew does have 1 annoying issue.. it sometimes drops the last letter of a sentecne (in sms)

I'm working on a universal patch for Hebrew, Arabic and Persian. There's no ETA but I can assure you it will be great!!!!!

Great.
Now t can generate the RTL Fix and i can flash it (no errors)
but, when i restart my LG 2X, it seems that the lancher crash and restart and crash then restart ...
i use the original .so et .jar from MIUI 1.8.19 (not from english pack)
thanks

Hi ellaia, can you try moving the "system" folder within the generated RTLFix zip to the attached zip and tell me how it goes?

EDIT: irrelevant now, there's a new patch out!

Great.
Now t can generate the RTL Fix and i can flash it (no errors)
but, when i restart my LG 2X, it seems that the lancher crash and restart and crash then restart ...
i use the original .so et .jar from MIUI 1.8.19 (not from english pack)
thanks

It does crash and restart because of a problem in patching "libwebcore.so"

also I tried to push the old patch generated files and got the same problem.

= (

So you shouldn't....
I'm working on a universal patch for Hebrew, Arabic and Persian. There's no ETA but I can assure you it will be great!!!!!

that would be great man..
I will be very happy to help u, if u think u need some help.. at least as a tester :)

Hi roenano,
can you update baksmali and smali from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 , because I have some problem with Whatsapp.

There's no relation between the patch and whatsapp....
But anyways I will update it in next release.

It does crash and restart because of a problem in patching "libwebcore.so"

also I tried to push the old patch generated files and got the same problem.

= (

try generating the patch without the libwebcore.so and tell what happens.
(just put the libandroid_runtime.so and framework.jar in the input folder)

I did that and flashed it but it still doesn't read Arabic , crash and go home screen .

It seems like this Lg O2X is a horrible phone , nothing works fine with it .

= (

I did that and flashed it but it still doesn't read Arabic , crash and go home screen .

It seems like this Lg O2X is a horrible phone , nothing works fine with it .

= (

It's a port made from a non-similar MIUI supported phone, meaning, is not like porting from Desire or Desire HD to HTC EVO or from Galaxy S to Galaxy SII. There's no LG device supported by MIUI, so it makes the port a bit hard.

Back to the patch...

Please download the Nexus S deodexed rom and try the different patch options:

Option 1: libandroid_runtime.so from Nexus S, libwebcore.so and framework.jar. from O2x

Option 2: framework.jar from Nexus S, libwebcore.so and libandroid_runtime.so from O2x

Option 3: framework.jar and libandroid_runtime.so from Nexus S, libwebcore.so from O2x

Option 4: all from Nexus S

Please let me know if any of those work for you

Hi, thanks for your effort.

option 1, 2 and 4 ==> the Optimus 2X crash and reboot at the MIUI startup screen.
option 3 ==> i can reboot, but it doesn't read arabic (letters not conected)

:(

It's a port made from a non-similar MIUI supported phone, meaning, is not like porting from Desire or Desire HD to HTC EVO or from Galaxy S to Galaxy SII. There's no LG device supported by MIUI, so it makes the port a bit hard.

Back to the patch...

Please download the Nexus S deodexed rom and try the different patch options:

Option 1: libandroid_runtime.so from Nexus S, libwebcore.so and framework.jar. from O2x

Option 2: framework.jar from Nexus S, libwebcore.so and libandroid_runtime.so from O2x

Option 3: framework.jar and libandroid_runtime.so from Nexus S, libwebcore.so from O2x

Option 4: all from Nexus S

Please let me know if any of those work for you

Hi, thanks for your effort.

option 1, 2 and 4 ==> the Optimus 2X crash and reboot at the MIUI startup screen.
option 3 ==> i can reboot, but it doesn't read arabic (letters not conected)

:(

OK, I will try some things during the week and let you know if something comes out.
BTW, have you tried those thing with a fresh install?

* Another option: create a copy of the rom and replace stock files with the generated (patched) ones from the RTL.zip. Make sure you include all the library files (.SO) to lib folder (they should be 4), plus framework.jar to framework folder.

Yeh. i have done a full fresh install befor flashing the first option.
i'll give a try for the second option.

thanks a lot.

OK, I will try some things during the week and let you know if something comes out.
BTW, have you tried those thing with a fresh install?

* Another option: create a copy of the rom and replace stock files with the generated (patched) ones from the RTL.zip. Make sure you include all the library files (.SO) to lib folder (they should be 4), plus framework.jar to framework folder.

the last option doesn't work, the phone hang on LG's logo startup screen.

What is the cause of this problem :
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

I hope the solution

My dear's , is this suit to htc Kaiser

I flashed MIUI 2.2.1 to htc kaiser , but the internet with the plotooth was not able to open , and if this suit to my phone , can it solve these problems also.

thanks for helpping me

What is the cause of this problem :
I hope the solution

make sure you have an updated version of Java.
If you already have the last version and still got problems:
Right click on Commands.exe --> Run as administrator.

I flashed MIUI 2.2.1 to htc kaiser , but the internet with the plotooth was not able to open , and if this suit to my phone , can it solve these problems also.

thanks for helpping me

I don't believe MIUI for your device is Gingerbread based. For non GB build you should use Madmack's patch:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985504