AX 3600 mesh not detected

Has anyone tried connecting the newer AX3200 (Global) to a AX1800 (Chinese) in a mesh? Will this script also work there?
I can confirm this script works with a AX3200 as the main router and AX1800 (Chinese) as a satellite in mesh.

Once everything is connected, any problem to upgrade the firmware of the main router?

Thanks!

Bonjour de France . J'ai un ax3600 (3.0.22) que j'utilise depuis 2 mois et je viens de déballer mon deuxième routeur. Voyant que l'ajout du deuxième routeur wifi maillé ne fonctionnait pas, et naviguant sur le net, je suis tombé sur ce forum. J'ai donc mis à jour le deuxième routeur en version 3.0.22 Avant toute action avec le script j'ai une question : j'ai actuellement des règles de port, des ips fixes pour ma domotique sur mon routeur maître. Dois-je initialiser les paramètres d'usine et je peux mettre ma sauvegarde après le maillage actif ? Merci. Jérôme.

Hello everybody! I have used the Xiaomi AX3600 Int version for some time now, a year or so and up until now, I have used some basic routers of different made as repeaters. Since one of them got unlucky and got fried, I have decided to change them for the new Xiaomi AX3000 mesh nodes. I got 2 of those in a pack. I was quite sure the AX3600 would just be able to add these as mesh nodes and at first it did, quite a simple set up. But as it was already done, I decided to update the firmware on both AX3000. Worst decision ever which lead to a few sleepless nights as it completely broke the network and I was barely able to patch it up somehow.

As I said, at first I used the AX3600 as main, one of the AX3000 conected just over WiFi (no eth socket there), the other AX3000 could be conected via ethernet. BUT, when it does, it completely breaks the WiFi. At first it seems to be slowing down, and after a few minutes it refuses co connect any other device.

So I have decided to persue a different way. I have set up one of the AX3000 as main, the other AX3000 remained connected via WiFi and the AX3600 is now connected via cable. And this is why I am writing in this thread and am a bit sorry for the above OT (just to explain the situation) :) I have tried to add the AX3600 as a node, but failed with every try, so I am now stuck in repeater mode. It seems that the python script refuses to work with the AX3000. Every time I get the "Authentication failed" error, right after I enter the main IP address and password. I have tried to add the AX3000 as mesh nodes to the AX3600 and the script worked, so I assume the logon to AX3000 is somehow different to AX3600.

TLDR - Getting "Authentication failed" on Xiaomi AX3000 with the addmesh.py

C:\Program Files\Python>python addmesh.py
MiWiFi Mesh Node Adder v1.0 by ShotokanZH
Master (online, configured) router address: 192.168.10.1
Master password:
Logging in..
Authentication failed!

Did anybody face a similar situation and perhaps found a solution? Thanks!

Hello everybody! I have used the Xiaomi AX3600 Int version for some time now, a year or so and up until now, I have used some basic routers of different made as repeaters. Since one of them got unlucky and got fried, I have decided to change them for the new Xiaomi AX3000 mesh nodes. I got 2 of those in a pack. I was quite sure the AX3600 would just be able to add these as mesh nodes and at first it did, quite a simple set up. But as it was already done, I decided to update the firmware on both AX3000. Worst decision ever which lead to a few sleepless nights as it completely broke the network and I was barely able to patch it up somehow.

As I said, at first I used the AX3600 as main, one of the AX3000 conected just over WiFi (no eth socket there), the other AX3000 could be conected via ethernet. BUT, when it does, it completely breaks the WiFi. At first it seems to be slowing down, and after a few minutes it refuses co connect any other device.

So I have decided to persue a different way. I have set up one of the AX3000 as main, the other AX3000 remained connected via WiFi and the AX3600 is now connected via cable. And this is why I am writing in this thread and am a bit sorry for the above OT (just to explain the situation) :) I have tried to add the AX3600 as a node, but failed with every try, so I am now stuck in repeater mode. It seems that the python script refuses to work with the AX3000. Every time I get the "Authentication failed" error, right after I enter the main IP address and password. I have tried to add the AX3000 as mesh nodes to the AX3600 and the script worked, so I assume the logon to AX3000 is somehow different to AX3600.

Master password:
Logging in..
Authentication failed!

Oh wow, I am stuck with a similar situation. I have 2 AX3000 and 1 AX3600. The problem is that when I use AX3600 as the master node I can't connect the 2 AX3000 to it via ethernet cable since it completely breaks wifi. Is there any way to make the AX3600 as the secondary node?

Master password:
Logging in..
Authentication failed!

Hi, I have AX3600 global and 2 AX3000 global that came paired.
Thanks to @ShotokanZH script I was able to add the AX3600 as a node to the existing mesh :)
Steps:
1. Setup the master AX3000 to internet connection and select Germany as country
2. Reset AX3600
3. Follow @ShotokanZH instructions
3.1 Run in Terminal python3 -m pip install -r requirements
3.2 Run in Terminal python3 addmesh.py
3.2.1 Enter Master (AX3000) IP
3.2.2 Enter Master password
3.2.3 Enter AX3600 5g MAC
3.2.4 Wait a few minutes for the internet light to turn orange at the AX3600
3.2.5 Wait a few more moments for the internet light to turn blue
That's it.

Big thanks to @ShotokanZH

Last edited:
Hello everyone, has someone tried the script with the AX6000 (chinese ROM)? I have 2 AX3000 (Global) and 1 AX6000 (chinese) that I would like to mesh. With the physical buttons, I was able to mesh them but, with APP, the AX6000 doesn't appear but, in the Web interface, it's there (in mesh mode).

Hi guys, I would like to give you my experience with 1 AX6000 (Chinese ROM) and 2 AX3000 (Global). My configuration is 1 AX3000 as Master and the rest as mesh node.
1st experience - With AX6000 factory reset, I 've tried to put the @ShotokanZH script into AX3000 -> authentication failed. Why? AX3000, besides the Wifi password has administrator password. Not working;
2nd experience - Putting AX6000 as Master, resetting AX3000, script introduced -> result, it works but everything in chinese
3rd experience - Putting AX300 as Master, click on the mesh physical buttons of each node -> Mesh working and even with different ROM countries.

So as my experience try, at first, the Router's physical buttons before complicating life.

1660132675355.png

Regards,

Hello.

I've somehow managed to link 2 Xiaomi AX3000 mesh nodes (GLOBAL) with Xiaomi AIoT AX3600 router (Global) but now I have the following 2 issues:
1. I can only access the admin panel of one of the 2 nodes with the main router's admin password. The other one says incorrect password when i try the main router's admin password or the wifi password.
2. I am not sure how to tell if my devices are actually connecting to the mesh nodes or to the main router.
This is what i see in 'View full network' menu:

1661669859171.png

If i link my router with the MiWifi app I can not see any linked mesh nodes in the Mesh configuration menu and also in the devices list I can not see any indication that my phone for example is connected to the mesh node or to the main router. From one of my previous attempts at configuring the mesh i saw at some point that some devices had a 'Relay' indicator which i assume that it means that those devices were connected to a mesh node instead of the main router.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Oh wow, I am stuck with a similar situation. I have 2 AX3000 and 1 AX3600. The problem is that when I use AX3600 as the master node I can't connect the 2 AX3000 to it via ethernet cable since it completely breaks wifi. Is there any way to make the AX3600 as the secondary node?
i have same situation,

Master password:
Logging in..
Authentication failed!

i have same situation

Hello! I'm trying to connect the Redmi AX6S and AX3200 Mash (this is the version for China and the global version, the same thing inside) via cable rises without problems, but over wi-fi, it doesn't come out in any way. I tried to use the script @ShotokanZH that's what he writes to me: As you can see, the problem is that AIoT does not see the antenna (I did not find its inclusion in the settings)

Master (online, configured) router address: 192.168.31.1
Master password:
Logging in..
Login: OK
Platform: RB03
AIoT scan status: OFF
Turning AIoT scan to ON...
Asking master to scan for Xiaomi Wifi APs...
No AP detected! (Are the two devices close enough?)
You can continue, but it will probably fail.
Client (not configured) 5GHz mac address (AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF): E6:5A:55:19:49:19
Adding E6:5A:55:19:49:19 as mesh node..
Node configured correctly! Wait for it to reboot.

I got AX3600, 2x AX3000 and AX1800 and trying to make it into Mesh. All global versions.

I can sync all of them with AX3600 as main and mesh is working if they are close to router, any further than 3 meters and no more connection between router and nodes.

With that distance I would have to keep them in same room and then there is no point in mesh and only waisted money.

Any idea what to do?

Reactions: abdelhadj
Hello,
I have the same issue as Mario
I have main AX3600 (3.0.22), i added AX300 (1.4.21) as first mesh, it is located like 10m from AX3600
then i add another AX3000 but when i unplug it to put in a room far from the first AX300 and the AX3600 (let's say 40m?) the internet led turns Orange
I am using the Mi Wifi or a browser to set up everything.
I bought the 3 products in France

Is this configuration possible? using only Wifi
AX3600 is connected by lan wire to my Internet Box of course.

Hello! I'm trying to connect the Redmi AX6S and AX3200 Mash (this is the version for China and the global version, the same thing inside) via cable rises without problems, but over wi-fi, it doesn't come out in any way. I tried to use the script @ShotokanZH that's what he writes to me: As you can see, the problem is that AIoT does not see the antenna (I did not find its inclusion in the settings)

Master (online, configured) router address: 192.168.31.1
Master password:
Logging in..
Login: OK
Platform: RB03
Turning AIoT scan to ON...
Asking master to scan for Xiaomi Wifi APs...
No AP detected! (Are the two devices close enough?)
You can continue, but it will probably fail.
Client (not configured) 5GHz mac address (AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF): E6:5A:55:19:49:19
Adding E6:5A:55:19:49:19 as mesh node..
Node configured correctly! Wait for it to reboot.
Did you have any success adding a AX6S to a mesh with an AX3200?

I am quite stuck after i entered the password for my master mesh. No matter what password i enter, the window will close and back to where i enter addmesh.py. Anyone help? A bit frastrated. I am currently using one of AX3000 as master, another AX3000 CONNECTED through ethernet. IP SETED UP A 192.168.31.1 no changed.

Hi @Avenger
it was a little straight forward for me. If you are using windows, then maybe i can tell you what i did.

first i downloaded Python for windows and installed it (download from here https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/)
Download the script and put it in a folder you can easily use command prompt to get to. For example you can save unzip it and save to your c: (also maybe rename the folder to mesh as an example)
Now use the button behind your AX3600 to factory reset your devices.
use a cable to your computer/laptop to setup the main device and make sure you do not use the option to create only one SSID, you must create 2 SSID, one for 2GHz and the other for 5Ghz, (assuming you will use the 123456 as the name, and also 123456 as the password, you should have 2 SSIDs, 123456(2GHz) and 123456_5GHz)
Assuming you are using android as your mobile device, then download and install wifi analyzer, this will help you find the 5GHz mac address for your device you want to connect as mesh, reset the mesh device or node and plug it in close to your main device
Once python installed and script folder is unzipped, i opened command prompt (type CMD in your windows search button)
if cmd opens, then use the command "cd.." to get to c:
once in c: then type 'cd mesh', this will open the folder you have saved the script
now type pip install -r requirements.txt
once completed now type addmesh.py
From here it should be a bit straight forward, it will ask the main router IP address, and then the password to your wifi.

after this, what i see is that for many people it could search and find the mesh node. For me it did not, so i just typed in the MAC address of my nodes from wifi analyzer for the 5GHz MAC address of the node.

I hope this helps, tell me where you are stuck and if i can help more i will try

After i tried many times, i still not be able to logging in via cmd. Keep telling me authentication failed, but i can use the same password to login to router via website. I even tried to change different password still no use!! Help please!!!

hi, I'm driving crazy, many hours trying to mesh two ax3600 and nothing works. I use the script and it says everything is OK, but the node router don't reset. what could I am missing?
the only thing I haven't tried is to factory reset the master router.

Hello, i would like to use AX3600 as main and 2 AX3000 as mesh to extend Wifi in my house.
1. Is this possible
-Need to factory reset, set router country and pswd
2. if i understand, i need to connect to AX3600
3. run the script
4. enter 192.168.31.1
5. psw for admin
5. then enter MAC of 1st AX3000 (using Wifi Analyzer for example)
6. start again with 2nd Ax3000

is this the right procedure?
Thank you guys

Hello dear members, I have more simple trouble. I cannot see the router in Mi Home from global version for IOT things... Thread here:
AX3600 not able to add in Mi Home | Xiaomi European Community | MIUI ROM Since 2010
Does somebody manage to accomplish that?
Your one is simply answer. You won't be able to find AX3600 in Mi Home. You can only use the webbased MI UI (or old miui app not ‘mi home’). You can only find mi ax3600 in CHINA MIHOME, global only have AX3000/AX1800 NOT AX3600.

Hello, i would like to use AX3600 as main and 2 AX3000 as mesh to extend Wifi in my house.
1. Is this possible
-Need to factory reset, set router country and pswd
2. if i understand, i need to connect to AX3600
3. run the script
4. enter 192.168.31.1
5. psw for admin
5. then enter MAC of 1st AX3000 (using Wifi Analyzer for example)
6. start again with 2nd Ax3000

is this the right procedure?
Thank you guys
You no needs to use the script to use ax3000 as mesh. Make sure all your routers firmwares are up to date, reset all to factory, Setup ax3600 as the main and login to webbased ui (not mi home you will never find ax3600 in global mi home app).

Better to put all your routers together (close by) for easy setup. Once mesh setup is done, then put your mesh according to your liking.

Hello,
thanks for the help.
when i reset AX3600, can i pick any country or should i still choose Singapor?

You no needs to use the script to use ax3000 as mesh. Make sure all your routers firmwares are up to date, reset all to factory, Setup ax3600 as the main and login to webbased ui (not mi home you will never find ax3600 in global mi home app).

Better to put all your routers together (close by) for easy setup. Once mesh setup is done, then put your mesh according to your liking.

Also, about the mac adress, it should be the one i see on WifiAnalyzer app or the one written under the Ax3000?
thank you!

Has anyone may tell me why when I click "View full network" i see only "miwifi.com" site ? I don't see the network grid!!! Can anyone tell me if the application shows which device is connected to which router (MASTER, CLIENT)? Or there is no such information at all.

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20231113-133221.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113-133221.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20231113-133216.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113-133216.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 66