New Battery Issues SGS2... ?

SaHiL

Members
Apr 11, 2012
Hey Guys.... love the new update... its just brilliant...
but I seem to be running out of battery way too soon now..
I have spare batteries.. but am using upto 3 batteries full charged in a day..
mostly m home ... so m on wifi.. n I dun make much calls..
just chat on whatsapp... facebook.. instagram.. m games.. :p
I mean my useage is the same as before but m running out of battery way too soon...
its like half of what I was getting earlier.. (battery life I mean) and even when I dun touch the fone , its discharging pretty rapidly.... !! :(

No jokes... I have the same issue to a level that I decided to abandon MIUI. Battery draining like hell. Completely discharged in 11 hours of normal usage (no games). way worst than V4 MIUI.

Reactions: radj
Well, I also noticed that the battery drain is bigger if phone is in use. In deep sleep there is no problem. Once it happened to me that settings application load the cpu for 50% and the phone got really hot and battery drained rapidly. Don't know what caused this but I needed to restart the phone. i'm using Siyah 6.0b5 because it is far smoother that b4 which comes with the rom. The only problem is that hardware buttons lights never go off...

Edit: hardware buttons lights issue resolved by installing newest dorimanx 8.16 kernel. Works like a charm...

I am using v5 since yesterday now , and i am a heavy user of the phone , like with calls , texting , skype , whatsapp and viber , so i am connected to wifi most of the time as i have wifi at office and at home , but i didnt notice much drain , its good for me :)

hmmm..... just updated to 3.5.17 hopefully this works better..
lets see... or I will have to give dorimanx a shot... :)

Reactions: Mr.KiLLeR

If this works fine with default setting , thats fine , otherwise let me know i will pass you some tweaks ;)

It will be the same - it uses the same kernel, my advice is to install dorimanx - it is far better... Regular updates, better cpu steps and hardware buttons lights works fine.

It will be the same - it uses the same kernel, my advice is to install dorimanx - it is far better... Regular updates, better cpu steps and hardware buttons lights works fine.

in my case, dorimanx is not good for me :) i have done some tweaks with siyah kernel too, if you are on XDA , Many40's released that tweaks.. they work awesome !

Strange, what problems did you have with dorimanx? Are hardware buttons working with your Syiah kernel?

Strange, what problems did you have with dorimanx? Are hardware buttons working with your Syiah kernel?

i was having heating up problems with dorimanx and huge battery drains .. what do you mean by hardware buttons working ??

The two hardware buttons - well touch buttons (next to home button) never go off with Syiah kernel. Didn't you notice it? It is strange because I did not encountered any heating issues with newest dorimanx....

The two hardware buttons - well touch buttons (next to home button) never go off with Syiah kernel. Didn't you notice it? It is strange because I did not encountered any heating issues with newest dorimanx....

I m not having this issue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, that's strange I always have problem with this with Syiah. i can't get it :) we have same phones, same MIUI version :) Ok, you have white version, mine is black :)

Hmm, that's strange I always have problem with this with Syiah. i can't get it :) we have same phones, same MIUI version :) Ok, you have white version, mine is black :)

Use stweaks app for tweaking lol .. and yes i have a white version and better than urs lol :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

And nobody noticed the huge mediascanner wakelock draining the battery?? Or is there a solution which everyone has already flashed and i missed it?

You can download mediascanner fix from google play store :) it will fix it :)
Thanks for your reply. Do u mean rescan media, coz i have it and i have kept my mediascanner disabled. Other than that i did not find any app called mediascanner fix on play store.

Thanks for your reply. Do u mean rescan media, coz i have it and i have kept my mediascanner disabled. Other than that i did not find any app called mediascanner fix on play store.

yes thats the one , my bad :) forgot the name .. :)