Be careful when buying Xiaomi Pistons earphones

haimthel90

Members
Mar 27, 2014
Hi,
I registered here because Xiaomi does not have any representative for English speakers to answer my issue, which is a shame by itself. (Didn't Hugo Barra go to Xiaomi?)
So I wanted to warn you guys from buying these Xiaomi Pistons.
I bought these earphones, and as soon as I opened them I noticed a very strong smell coming from them.
The smell is really bad, it caused me quite a headache and nausea after I tried to figure out the source of the smell and sniffed a bit too hard.
I think this smell is dangerous , seriously.
Ofcourse, there is not any official person from Xiaomi to answer what causes this horrible smell.
Just think twice before purchasing them, really.
Have a good day.

Hi,

Can you please tell from where did you buy your Xiaomi Pistons? I understand there are a lot of fakes in the market...

I got mine from ibuygou, the pistons are really a quality product, I cannot fault them. Yes there is a distinguishable chocolate/cinnamon type of smell but it is not that bad as you describe it. I think the smell will go out with time or if it persist it will be very faint (speaking from experience with my vanilla scented watch strap)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Edit:Sorry, I got mine genuine from Xiaomi website (from a friend who lives in China)
And the smell is not chocolate or cinnamon, it smells like some sort of chemical with pungent smell

Are you sure he bought them directly from xiaomi.com and not in any street store? Did you compare them to fake ones?

~Tapatalk~

I'm pretty sure they are genuine,
anyway to check ? (I have the golden version of the pistons)
As I'm writing this post, I opened the box to check for suspicious signs but I just couldnt stand the smell, it's really painful, and I'm not kidding, something tells me to avoid smelling this.
I can upload pics if you'd like

Last edited:
Mine smelled pretty bad too....I can see why people say it smells like chocolate though.

Good thing I don't sit around sniffing my earbuds very often. ;)

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Some supplier's middle manager substituted noxious materials instead of the good materials the client paid for and pocketed the difference. Happens in China all the time.

The taste of rubber and plastic may be, a new creation, the factory may have just taste.
Generally do not have a pungent smell disgusting fishes.My friend also use Xiaomi mobile phones, headsets are not smell

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coque nokia lumia 520 coque nexus 5
etui nokia lumia 520 etui nexus 5

Last edited: