BLE Gateway for EU Server?

tasiro

Members
Feb 25, 2020
I bought the Mi Bedside Lamp and the Home Security Camera 1080P because I read both of them are able to act as a BLE Gateway together with my regular Mi Hub, but when I select BLE Gateway within Settings, the app says that there is no device available to act as BLE Gateway. The whole situation about using a BLE Gateway in Europe is very unclear, does anyone know a device that will work for european servers and can act as a BLE Gateway?

I totally agree with you, the situation seems very unclear and nobody really know what's going on. I bought a Smartmi Humidifier which is supposed to have a BLE gateway which works for everyoneon the Chinese servers. Weirdly I thought the Humidifier only exists for the Chinese server, but when it arrived I found out that mine only works with the EU server. My xiaomi app also shows that I have no available BLE gateway. The square temp sensor I ordered only seems to work on the Chinese server...
Now I ordered the older round temp and humidity sensor and I hope that maybe then with the round sensor, the app will show my Humidifier as a BLE gateway.
Do you have the first gen bedside lamp or the newer bedside lamp 2? My second plan was to buy the second generation, but first I don't know how to make sure that i buy one that is compatible with the EU server and secondly I'm scared that the bedside lamp 2 won't work either as a BLE gateway.
I have the bad feeling that I will have to buy a raspberry pi and install home assistant on it. Supposedly the sensors and the Humidifier should work with home assistant on a pi...