New Bluetooth app crashing since Miui 14 update

arli21

Members
Jun 11, 2023
Hello,

I recently updated my Redmi Note 11 to the latest MIUI version, and my Bluetooth does not work since then. I am met with a "Bluetooth keeps crashing" screen at startup, in the control center it hangs on "Turning on", and in the settings the slider turns blue but nothing else happens.
The crash details :
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.android.bluetooth.btservice.AdapterApp: java.lang.RuntimeException: failed to set system property (check logcat for reason)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1451)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.-$$Nest$mhandleBindApplication(Unknown Source:0)
 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:878)
 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
 at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
 at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:123)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
 at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:312)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: failed to set system property (check logcat for reason)
 at android.os.SystemProperties.native_set(Native Method)
 at android.os.SystemProperties.set(Unknown Source:69)
 at com.android.bluetooth.btservice.Config.initAdvAudioConfig(Unknown Source:144)
 at com.android.bluetooth.btservice.Config.init(Unknown Source:36)
 at com.android.bluetooth.btservice.AdapterApp.onCreate(Unknown Source:10)
 at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Unknown Source:4)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1104)
 ... 9 more

The logcat file : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xamlfkyvbxtnj38/log_spesn_V14.0.2.0.TGKMIXM.txt/file

Thanks in advance, I remain available for any additional information/testing.

arli

Edit: changed file hosting platform

Last edited:
A temporary workaround has been to switch SELinux to permissive -- switching it again to enforcing afterwards keeps the Bluetooth working. I have also reset Bluetooth settings, I don't know if it helped.

But it would still be nice to fix the bug :)

A temporary workaround has been to switch SELinux to permissive -- switching it again to enforcing afterwards keeps the Bluetooth working. I have also reset Bluetooth settings, I don't know if it helped.

But it would still be nice to fix the bug :)
I have 11T and have the same issue when pairing a newer bluetooth headset. Could you guide me on how to fix this? I have MIUI Global version 14.0.4 currently.
Thanks!