Preview Boid - Twitter on Android done well

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

Many of you may of already heard the buzz about the new twitter application coming to an ICS Smartphone near you very soon, if not, where have you been? Some of the guys at theultralinx.com have put together something rather special, read on for more info...

Wflw6.png

This app is absolutely gorgeous in its execution and once into beta will sport 3 different themes to choose from, The default Boid theme, ICS Holo and a special MIUIAndroid theme as well.

Some official screenshots and a video will be posted tomorrow, watch this space!

PLEASE NOTE: You can find the download by clicking on the image above, but be aware this is an early Alpha version, it most definitely does not represent the full and finished application that will be launching very soon.

So, what is Boid?

Boid for Android is not just a new Twitter app, it's an entirely new way to experience Twitter!

It highlights media and trends amongst your friends to show you what people are meaningfully talking about. It gives you complete control of your interactions with people and all other Tweets and in a beautiful interface. It is your app - suggestions you make to the developers will likely appear. Your ideas fuel Boid.

Basically, Boid is Twitter for Android... done well.

We'd like to also announce our partnership with The Ultralinx network, we wish them every success with the Boid twitter application for Android and we hope everyone enjoys using it too!

Thanks,

Mark

Been using this for a few days and it already had 2 updates. A truly great start to what I believe will be the best twitter app on android when complete.

@JusadaTheLost

Been using this for a few days and it already had 2 updates. A truly great start to what I believe will be the best twitter app on android when complete.

@JusadaTheLost
Couldn't agree with you more :) its a cool app indeed! If people have not tried this app, you should.

I don't use facebook or twitter but it's always good to see devs pushing the boundaries with apps. It looks very good. I like how clean it looks.

Its great so far, it does have potential too. I like the swipe left or right to get to your feeds, mentions and message etc. A couple of things it could use,

1. Whipe down and hold for a few secs on feed screen to refresh new tweets. Pushing the tweet button will get boring fast.
2. Timer update for new tweets
3. New messages or tweet tone

Just a few from me.

Its great so far, it does have potential too. I like the swipe left or right to get to your feeds, mentions and message etc. A couple of things it could use,

1. Whipe down and hold for a few secs on feed screen to refresh new tweets. Pushing the tweet button will get boring fast.
2. Timer update for new tweets
3. New messages or tweet tone

Just a few from me.

all those things are planned for the BETA :)

Thanks for the feedback, the developers do check the forum :)

Man, I really need a new phone everyone is ditching GB (Nexus One) :( ...... Samsung needs to announce S3 or Tmobile needs more phones to drop. I don't want to buy something outdated as soon as I get it. Or already outdated. BTW ... Thanks for the reply.

Loving the new updates, really appreciate it. App runs real smooth for me. I cant wait for new features and options (adding loction, pics, taking photo etc.)

Am really liking Boid - it's almost WP7-like. Have uninstalled official twitter app.
One quick q - will you support Twitter lists and if so will you incorporate support before or after v1?

Companies are getting scared. I know you've attracted the attention of the creators of "TweetCaster" and there getting nervous.

Man, I really need a new phone everyone is ditching GB (Nexus One) :( ...... Samsung needs to announce S3 or Tmobile needs more phones to drop. I don't want to buy something outdated as soon as I get it. Or already outdated. BTW ... Thanks for the reply.
To be honest, once you try ics its very hard to go back. Its a very good system.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

To be honest, once you try ics its very hard to go back. Its a very good system.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I believe you, I just wish MIUI supported ICS for the N1. I am currently scared of getting a new phone and then it will be outdated as soon as I open the box. Plus, I want to see how the SG3, looks.

Just a quick update: Twitlonger support, a new view for seeing tweet details and customisable columns are in the latest update. Grab it - now! :)

Yes it's the theme I have at the moment. Shame they're getting rid of pull to refresh though in the next update. Really really needs notifications too.