Bricked Mi 8 EDL flashing problem

swanux

Members
May 20, 2020
Hello,
I have a bricked Mi 8 (Chinese version, locked bootloader, broken recovery & fastboot). However, this isn't a problem, as I can go to EDL mode without any problems.
The problem is this message from Mi flash : "Sorry, couldn't flash device before turning off Find My Device". Of course, it's quite self explaining, so why am I asking? 'Cause I bought this device from someone else recently (so the Mi account isn't mine). Then I should contact the owner of the account? I did, and he's really willing to help, however he can't find this device associated with his Mi account.
Any ideas on how to get around this situation?

PS.: Please don't recommend to do a google / forum search, as I've already done it several times, but no usable answer for this specific problem yet.

Last edited:
Hi, is it possible that the option in Miui "Find My Device" in this phone is still activated, so that you can't go futher ?

Hi, yeah probably that's the case. The problem is, that I can't turn it off on the device (as it's bricked), and the device isn't listed under the Mi account which is mentioned here after giving the IMEI number.

Sadly, as I mentioned above, the device is not linked to my MI account (never was). It's linked to the account of the previous owner, but he can't find the device among the attached devices (so can't turn off find my device). This is the original problem.

Sent from my MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Problem finally solved and my device works just fine! Thanks to *spam*paid*service*. He helped removing the attached Mi Account and after that flashing the device. I can recommend him to everyone with the same problem.

Reactions: katerpanne
Nice to hear that it's fixed.
Any idea what the solution was?
Can be nice info for other ppl that have the same problem.

Sure. I've described the problem above. *spam*paid*service* provides services which includes solving the original problem and after that also flashing the device. You can contact him in PM / Telegram.

It's the "service" that you talk about that's the solution .
So you don't know exactly what he did with your phone?

Here are the details:
First he removed the MI account which it was attached to (so turned off find my device) to be able to flash.
After that he flashed the prepared (by me) rom file to it with an authorized mi account through remote desktop.
After it booted I was able to unlock the bootloader and put xiaomi EU on it.

Hi *spam*paid*service*, I have the same problem.
Can you advice, thank you!

Hi, I have the same problem, can you advice, thank you!
8000E14B-C3DB-4896-BD12-C04EA248F65D.jpeg

Xiaomi EDL authorization , Unbrick and unlock Xiaomi ... Etc Contact telegram *spam*paid*service*