Bricked MI-Recovery 3.0

nexuality

Members
Aug 9, 2018
Hey guys,
so I bricked my brand new Mi8
It is stuck in the Mi-Recovery 3.0 menu
Wipe Data won't do anything (reboots in same menu)
Reboot just gets into the menu

It says at the bottim The MIUI version cant be installed on this device

Bootloader was unlocked when I flashed it but is now locked for some reason
No was to get the device out of Mi Recovery 3.0
So no way to enable usb debugging etc.

What can I do

Hi,
can you enter fastboot mode by pressing Volume down + Power button? If yes connect your phone to the computer and in adb terminal type fastboot devices and then fastboot oem device-info to see if the bootloader is locked. If it is unlocked download a fastboot rom and flash it with MiFlash.
P.S. Also check if the Volume Up key is stuck for some reason.

You can try to unlock it officially - enter fastboot mode and try the unlock program (your account was given a permission to unlock once). If it gives an error try to flash a rom with this program http://www.xiaomitool.com - IT IS AN UNNOFICIAL and use it on your risk.

I tried that, however I purchased that phone at tradingShenzhen.com and it somehow came preunlocked(for Global OS i guess) And that means that it is not bound to my Mi ID and I do not have the MI ID that it's bound to. If I could get into the phone it would have showed me but I can't as I am stuck in recovery.

What rom was running on your phone and what exactly happened to yout phone to be stuck on recovery?

It was running 9.5***** Stable Global Rom first.
I flashed it to the xiaomi.eu miui 10 rom and it worked
I just followed their instructions
I disliked miui 10 and tried to get this one to run
http://en.miui.com/thread-200858-1-1.html
Thats where I ****ed up with MiFlash I guess.
It just went into Recovery after the MiFlash and said "This MIUI version is not supported on this device" or something like that
and now the phone is locked with a broken rom

Hey guys,
so I bricked my brand new Mi8
It is stuck in the Mi-Recovery 3.0 menu
Wipe Data won't do anything (reboots in same menu)
Reboot just gets into the menu

It says at the bottim The MIUI version cant be installed on this device

Bootloader was unlocked when I flashed it but is now locked for some reason
No was to get the device out of Mi Recovery 3.0
So no way to enable usb debugging etc.

What can I do

try to download MI PC suite in Chinese version, after downloading, connect your phone to the PC and access in Fastboot mode, from there download the version at your pleasure (you will be shown a warning) after downloading you will see that your jewel phone 8 will come back to life. ps: the notification that you will be shown is to download a rom of the producer, or if you have preinstalled with global, you will be shown global Roma downloads, or something ...

try to download MI PC suite in Chinese version, after downloading, connect your phone to the PC and access in Fastboot mode, from there download the version at your pleasure (you will be shown a warning) after downloading you will see that your jewel phone 8 will come back to life. ps: the notification that you will be shown is to download a rom of the producer, or if you have preinstalled with global, you will be shown global Roma downloads, or something ...
Do you have a linkt to the Mi suite? The english one doesnt recognizes my phone

Reactions: Haraskal.
Doesmt seem to work. When I plug my phone to the computer a window apears that looks like a flash manager but it disapears after like 1 sec and unfortunately i cant read chinese

It allows me to choose a rom now but gets stuck at 3% or 11% and says somthing like retry (translated with google translate)
I got this far now

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,981
Last edited:
Download the rom manually and place it in the Download folder of Mi pc suite and try to install it. For me the Download folder was in D:\Xiaomi\MiPhoneManager\Download

Hi see the mouse cursor and you will find where the folder is:

Attachments

• IMG_20180810_002103.jpg
    IMG_20180810_002103.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 1,603
  • IMG_20180810_002117.jpg
    IMG_20180810_002117.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,826
  • IMG_20180810_002129.jpg
    IMG_20180810_002129.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,781
  • IMG_20180810_002145.jpg
    IMG_20180810_002145.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 1,653
My roms are in that Download folder already :(
Still stuck at 3% or direct error

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. Wait to see if someone else can help you.
Good luck, werty

Thank you for your help.
I really need to get that phone unlocked again but I can't boot it up.
Thats frustrating

I'm in the same situation. I accidentally left clean all and lock checked when flashing miui 1o rom, and now my mi 8 is bricked. What can I do now? Can somebody please help me? I tried to unlock phone with Mi Unlock but it's says that current account is not bound to this device

Exactly the same with me.
My last hope is that somehow the xiaomi techsupport unlocks my phone / add it to my mi id
Or that they tell me the mi id that registered my mi8.

Let me know if you get a solution

It allows me to choose a rom now but gets stuck at 3% or 11% and says somthing like retry (translated with google translate)
I got this far now

I read that (from the image): your phone is not yet unlocked, please unlock your terminal and try again

I read that (from the image): your phone is not yet unlocked, please unlock your terminal and try again
The problem is how to unlock it when the phone goes only in recovery mode. If the bootloader was unlocked it will be easy - flash fastboot rom with MiFlash.