In Progress BUGs - Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 - 2.4.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

cro0707

Members
Mar 24, 2012
- browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped." It will open search.
- when using pattern or PIN security on the lockscreen, it is impossible to change wallpaper
- People app - long press on any phone number and pick "Copy to clipboard" < it won't copy anything.
- Settings -> Display -> Brightness. If you uncheck auto and move slider from left to right there is some very bright level near the dark end.
- 2g/3g toggle isn't working
- home screen app drawed - new apps aren't dropped on first available space
- timer app: "Slide clockwise to set time" is out of the circle (letters "S" and "e") (default theme, normal font size)
- Settings - LED. SGS2 doesn't have any LEDs.

Minor errors, bugs or translation issues:
- FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status
- old UI (Samsung default): camera
- two calendars still present (also after full whipe)
- two "Android keyboards"
- browser - type anything in search bar and hit search - it will open baidu.com search which is in Chinese. This can be fixed under setting - advanced - search engine. Stock ROM shouldn't use baidu.com IMHO.
- OTA from 2.4.6 to 2.4.13 downloads chinese version
- When using a custom background on the (translated) lockscreen, sometimes the default background flashes quickly after hitting the unlock button.
- lockscreen on default theme has date written in Chinese.
- SMS > Favorites > Phrases > Content is in chinese
- Updater > MIUI 2.4.13 (Weekly Build) > the changelog is in chinese
- Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account > Xiaomi > Create account > Get verify code > Popup is in chinese
- Themes (v4) are partially translated

I confirm all of the above. It's little things that make the ROM look much nicer if fixed. Please take note and fix on next release...also please test the SMS app on next release as for the past 3 releases it's always crashing. Other than this, the rom is awesome.

Reactions: Rocky Gidz
I confirm all of the above. It's little things that make the ROM look much nicer if fixed. Please take note and fix on next release...also please test the SMS app on next release as for the past 3 releases it's always crashing. Other than this, the rom is awesome.

We would test the SMS thing, but neither Mark or I own an SGS2. So :/

These are low priority issues. If you want to use ROM then use it otherwise quit. Let the admin & developers focus on high priorities jobs.

Did I say that those BUGs must be fixed?!? They are here as my contribution to this ROM. Go to the bunker and make some new gadget review, Adolf Hitler...

The list is helpful, no need to attack anyone.

Plus - list of bugs is posted under bugs section in forum :)

iBotPeaches, so when new ROM is released on www.miui.com you guys just provide a dl links on miuiandroid.com? What about bugs, does any developer who works on it reads it or not? Maybe is this wrong place to report bugs...

Plus - list of bugs is posted under bugs section in forum :)

iBotPeaches, so when new ROM is released on www.miui.com you guys just provide a dl links on miuiandroid.com? What about bugs, does any developer who works on it reads it or not? Maybe is this wrong place to report bugs...

We do a lot more to the ROMs, then simply re-upload. We report the bugs for you, but since Xiaomi only truly profits from its Chinese users we have a lower priority. I'll keep bugging them about this list though.

Reactions: cro0707
Regarding the bug -> - browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped."

When I select it, it activates the find on page option and it works well... So it looks like it may just be an incorrect pointer. Nothing major IMO

Regarding the bug -> - browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped."

When I select it, it activates the find on page option and it works well... So it looks like it may just be an incorrect pointer. Nothing major IMO

Yes, you are right... Thanks.

Thanks to the OP.

MUCH apreciated collecting the bugs for this weeks release in one simple block. makes it SO much easier to seek and destroy :)

I don't know if it is a bug or not. it seems there is no way to look the history of calculator but it does have the CLEAR HISTORY option.

I have a question, I have a SGS2. How does the LED function works? Because it is activated but still no efect; what color should i choose? What is the problem? Do I need to install another program?

Reactions: Rocky Gidz
I have a question, I have a SGS2. How does the LED function works? Because it is activated but still no efect; what color should i choose? What is the problem? Do I need to install another program?
does it show the colour correctly when a notification is received?

as the SG2 has per say no led notification, it won't be the traditional led..you need a kernel first that supports the led function and the a program called BLN to set it up, once if done then your 2 keys at the bottom should flash when a message or call is missed but not a 100% sure if it works with miui and some stock programs like sms..

does it show the colour correctly when a notification is received?
No color is show when I recive a notification. The phone acts like there is no LED function.

And
as the SG2 has per say no led notification, it won't be the traditional led..you need a kernel first that supports the led function and the a program called BLN to set it up, once if done then your 2 keys at the bottom should flash when a message or call is missed but not a 100% sure if it works with miui and some stock programs like sms..
I know this method but I thought it has this kernel implemented that supports LED.

Not sure if the kernel does support it as it's a stock one maybe mark or someone could answer that..but you could try siyah's new kernel..

A few more bugs:

SMS > Favorites > Phrases > Content is in chinese
Updater > MIUI 2.4.13 (Weekly Build) > the changelog is in chinese
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account > Xiaomi > Create account > Get verify code > Popup is in chinese
Settings > Backup & reset. "Backup account" cannot be selected and thus the backup/restore feature does not work as intended.
OTA from 2.4.6 to 2.4.13 downloads chinese version
When using a custom background on the (translated) lockscreen, sometimes the default background flashes quickly after hitting the unlock button.

A few more bugs:

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account > Xiaomi > Create account > Get verify code > Popup is in chinese
Settings > Backup & reset. "Backup account" cannot be selected and thus the backup/restore feature does not work as intended.
When using a custom background on the (translated) lockscreen, sometimes the default background flashes quickly after hitting the unlock button.

1. Because its taking this content from Chinese database. Its not a bug. We didn't create our own database yet. Its not a major issue here.
2. Because its connected to Chinese OTA. We can't change it.
5. Do not download Chinese OTA. Download rom from site.

A few more bugs:

1. Not a bug - delete the phrases and make your own
2. Not a bug - pointed at the Chinese servers changelog
3. Make sure your locale is set to English and not the default
4. Need more detail as it works OK here
5. Likely Updater.apk you have did not include the correct edit to point to our servers mirror
6. Known issue with the v4 variety lockscreen.

BLN works with siyah 3.1 and LED enabled in Miui with no problems.

Just found out about sms FC, will dl again..

Status
Not open for further replies.