[CM10] [BETA] Cyanogenmod 10 for MI2s

Chorus

Members
Jun 14, 2013
Hi!

I have ported Cyanogenmod 10 to Xiaomi MI2s, I don't know if it's working on MI2

Known issues:
- Browser not working, use Chrome instead
- CM restarts (soft) after installing apps from Google Play
- Lockscreen looks a little strange
- Theme manager does not work
- ... and probably a lot more :)

You will need to have M1chas CWM installed or atleast start it from fastboot ("fastboot boot recovery.img"). Put the zip file on the phone, start recovery, install. You will need to wipe user data.

Please do not mirror or link to the zip file. If you want to spread the file - please link to this thread!

New version 2013-06-28:
Download cm-10-20130628-UNOFFICIAL-mi2s-CHORUS-sig.zip
- Fixed auto brightness
- Removed Launcher2.apk
- Chrome installed as default

New version 2013-06-23:
- Fixed support for OTA upgrades, (Settings -> About phone -> CyanogenMod updates)
- Fixed flashlight/torch
- Fixed WiFi
- Updated APN list for 3G and MMS settings (i.e. added Chinese networks)

Older versions:
cm-10-20130622-UNOFFICIAL-mi2s-CHORUS-sig.zip
cm-10-20130623-UNOFFICIAL-mi2s-CHORUS-sig.zip

Have fun!

/Chorus

wow , finally a port. wow. Will be testing it out on the second partition , enabled true dualboot.

Is it it using the stock kernel from miui ? Or is it finally , a custom kernel that works for Mi2s :) hopeful here.

So nice! Only problem I see is that it's going to be very difficult to make a stable rom without having a proper kernel.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

Isn't it a better idea to use the AOSP QDT14 kernel as a base?
I think using parts from AOSP is a better choise than MIUI. Because CyanogenMod is closer to AOSP then MIUI.

Nice progres anyway, keep it up

May i just ask how come not to port cm10.1? Is it easier to port cm10? Anyway thanks for your work.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

May i just ask how come not to port cm10.1? Is it easier to port cm10? Anyway thanks for your work.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

That's 4.2.2 and Mi2 is 4.1.1 you need kernel sources to port 4.2.2 which we don't have

Reactions: dextructor
I hate ports but still nice work :)
Maybe u should use another base. As far as I know cm10.1 was 4.1.2 before 4.2 release so maybe u'll find a old rom of a quallcom device.

Reactions: type-R
I hate ports but still nice work :)
Maybe u should use another base. As far as I know cm10.1 was 4.1.2 before 4.2 release so maybe u'll find a old rom of a quallcom device.

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense at all

You ported CWM to Mi2, and you're currently porting the kernel to Mi2 - but you hate ports?

Another base?

Reactions: xeGox
the word "porting" normally is used for software that was made compatible with a new device without compiling it from source :)

Ok, in my world "porting" is generally used when talking about porting ;) I have not been "porting" anything from another device, why would I do that when porting something that's open source? :)

Reactions: sebmue
The landlord, Chinese users to come to the top post, hope you continue to improve CyanogenMod, at the same time, thank you, thank you:)

Chorus, that's just great news! Looking forward to any progress and perhaps you and M1cha could synchronise efforts concerning this kernel thing?

Reactions: vidar
I can confirm that it perfectly works with mi2. Thank you for the great rom, keep up the good work!

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xeGox
Data movile don't work:

When I configure APNs -> give FC of the process "com.android.phone"

Can you run this alongside MIUI? You're taling about fastboot.img..as I am a (relatively) noobish android user, what do you mean? Should I just put it on my SD card and flash via CWM?

and thank you, ofcourse :).