[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

Hi again
after testing one day your new kernel works pretty good on my device i use zen I/O scheduler and max freq 1242000
at the moment i have 33% battery life over and 3 hours screen on time with 2g, wifi on a lot of surfing, messanger apps, some calls and some played games.

thx for your hard work^^

Hello,
I am uploading my first cm12 release.

99.99% of credits should goes to @m11kkaa for his work on porting cm12.
EDIT: so far all is working BUT THE MICROPHONE
I have no idea at all what is fully working or not. I just have booted onto the rom. I have read there are some bugs yet with the microphone.

The rom comes with default kernel and does not support f2fs.

The rom has been compiled with linaro 4.8.4-20143110 and this android build

• build compiled with neon-vfpv4 instaed of neon
  • O3 for clang and most part of the build, some fall back to O2 or Os for statbility or compilization issues.
  • Enabled fgcse-sm, fgcse-las and -fgcse-after-reload for more memory load/store optimizations

I have used @juliusssss twrp to install the rom

Due to the system image, there is barely space left on the device, will look on that by tomorrow, you use the gapps package I put on my mediafire.

Last edited:
THX for your work i will test it the next days for now zen works very smooth
Whats New with ftree-vectorize extra flags?

Woot, sorry, I barely come accross this forum.
Well, basicly, vectorization is enabled only at O3 level, if you want, an arm processor has a "neon coprocessor" for floating math operation among others.

If you make a pi calculation benchmark, you will notice the arm chip performs well.

So we have to enable the vectorization flag to tell the compiler to make the code excecutable on this co-proessor be actually excuted there.

Google has enabled few months ago on their toolchain vectoriaztion at O2 level.

Hi again
after testing one day your new kernel works pretty good on my device i use zen I/O scheduler and max freq 1242000
at the moment i have 33% battery life over and 3 hours screen on time with 2g, wifi on a lot of surfing, messanger apps, some calls and some played games.

thx for your hard work^^

Thx y

To those who are interested in,

I just have uploaded a 11/12 nightly compiled by myself with my android build and latest 4.8.4 linaro.
I have also uploaded my latest kernel, here is the change log:

• compiled with linaro 4.9.3-201411
  • f2fs upgraded to upstream revision
  • new i/o scheduler added: FIOPS
  • new faux123's intelliminmax CPU governor!

-----------------

I am currently building latest twrp 2.8.2.0 built with f2fs drivers.

"intelliminmax (intellimm) governor is designed to work with the newer SOCs with fixed voltage rails (ie MSM8974+ SOCs). It is designed to work within those fixed voltage ranges in order to maximize battery performance while creating a smooth UI operations." ( https://github.com/faux123/mako/commit/lp_rel )

we have an older SOC: APQ8064T. Is this governor really applicable for us?

Well, lge mako(the link you gave) has the same SoC than ours. I have been reading the source code anyway.

Basically it is a interactive two phase freq steps conservative based governor o_O

you have two freq boundaries : let's call them lower and upper for simplify.

it will bump to upper if current freq < upper, then try getting back to lower more or less. So the governor will try to use at most as possible lower freq with the help of upper.

When the load requires to go above upper freq it will behave like a conservative governor.

From my testing( on my nexus 10 tablet-dual core sync proccessors and mi2s), it behaves very well...

Watchout I have been AGAIN very conservative on default tunnable, it is more battery conservative than defualt one.

You might want to modify them.

Aero Control apps allows you to fully edit all of the tunnables ( trickster mod fails at one or two).

There might be out there other apps, but that's all I know.

Watchout I have been AGAIN very conservative on default tunnable, it is more battery conservative than defualt one.You might want to modify them....
So you say that is more battery friendly than performance orientated?
Also this kernel works for ext4 partitions right?

So you say that is more battery friendly than performance orientated?
Also this kernel works for ext4 partitions right?

The kernel works for ext4 partitions, yes, but on CM11.

You can adjust at your will , but I may as well fall back to some more aggressive setup. Might be more wise for less advanced users?

The kernel works for ext4 partitions, yes, but on CM11.

You can adjust at your will , but I may as well fall back to some more aggressive setup. Might be more wise for less advanced users?
Personally i'm more of a battery guy :D than performance but i think you're right, most users care about not having the slightest lag.So maybe yes you should setup the governor for at least balanced performance.I'll play tonight with the settings and let you know.

Can you make one version compatible with pacrom?I thought that it would work because i'm using a previous version with pacrom already, but it stuck at bootanimation.

give me the boot img i ll repack for you

i have uploaded a new version of the kernel with default intellimm settings

Reactions: MSephiroth
has used 08-11 build with philz touch recovery /data /cache f2fs
tried new 11-12 build and got cm bootloop (even after full wipe and format)

flashed 11-12 with cwm 6.0.5.1 /data /cache /system ext4 and its works

somewhting messed with f2fs or probaly because of philz recovery outdated? but cwm and twrp cant deal with f2fs partitions

Last edited:
To those who are interested in,

I just have uploaded a 11/12 nightly compiled by myself with my android build and latest 4.8.4 linaro.
I have also uploaded my latest kernel, here is the change log:

• compiled with linaro 4.9.3-201411
  • f2fs upgraded to upstream revision
  • new i/o scheduler added: FIOPS
  • new faux123's intelliminmax CPU governor!

-----------------

I am currently building latest twrp 2.8.2.0 built with f2fs drivers.

I tryed your build,its working OK,smoother than AOSP especially after I added ART libraries from Ivan's AOSP.I/O performance is OK,it could be a lot better like in some AOSP build I think there is some code you could fetch from CodeAurora to improve it although I havent checked it.

Last edited:
I tryed your build,its working OK,smoother than AOSP especially after I added ART libraries from Ivan's AOSP.I/O performance is OK,it could be a lot better like in some AOSP build I think there is some code you could fetch from CodeAurora to improve it although I havent checked it.
If you have any resources links of commits there are welcome .

Code Aurora s bionic librairies seems to be more optimized than cm right?

Sent from my xiaomi mi2s.

If you have any resources links of commits there are welcome .

Code Aurora s bionic librairies seems to be more optimized than cm right?

Sent from my xiaomi mi2s.

Yeah around 2.5x faster in Java code execution but unfortunately they do not come by default.

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/art/ ART
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/bionic/ Bionic
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/device/generic/art/ Not sure but probably needed

Also ART plays much larger role than Bionic so try implementing it first.

Here is the file for you. https://www.mediafire.com/#v41ci6u30jj0i

Next release wont require this anymore.
Thanx man!Everything good except that i can't change minimum frequency.It's reverting always to 216, tried with trickster mod and from pac settings.No big deal just don't know if it's my problem only or it's everyone's.Or just you set it on purpose.Testing intelliminmax, will report later.

Last edited:
nice to see your work is going on with cm12
I found one bug
If I try to set max CPU freq to 1242000 only core 0 stick at this freq
the other cores still goes up to 1728000
but I am not sure where is the problem

Thanx man!Everything good except that i can't change minimum frequency.It's reverting always to 216, tried with trickster mod and from pac settings.No big deal just don't know if it's my problem only or it's everyone's.Or just you set it on purpose.Testing intelliminmax, will report later.

could you check if the binaries at this location are removed

System bin or xbin mpdecision and thermald

nice to see your work is going on with cm12
I found one bug
If I try to set max CPU freq to 1242000 only core 0 stick at this freq
the other cores still goes up to 1728000
but I am not sure where is the problem

Each core is having its own CPU policy so could you check if setting /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq to a fixed value will make second core locked at that ?

Last edited:
Does anybody else can't grant rw access on /system partition? This is very annoying as it causes half of my apps/scripts not working.
Again.. This is not because of: selinux state, su permission.

If i try to set/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq save is aborted
I just try performance mode but it just change on core 0 to