[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

Sound crak is still there even if a set both minimal and maximum freq to top. notifications, apollo, spotify, all sounds get crack when you listen and open a menu, or other program, ive never experimented this on other rom

Sound crak is still there even if a set both minimal and maximum freq to top. notifications, apollo, spotify, all sounds get crack when you listen and open a menu, or other program, ive never experimented this on other rom
Could you disable fix sound complexly? Using viper?

I would try your rom khaon but I don't know if I'll convert it for f2fs.
Can you answer me please?

I would try your rom khaon but I don't know if I'll convert it for f2fs.
Can you answer me please?

His rom (a CM tweaked) works fine with f2fs but /data and /cache partitions, if you try to use f2fs in /system it wont install.
You can use phil's recovery to format partitions, or the script he posted. Or you can simple use ext4 (i didnt notice any diference between them).
This rom is excellent, battery drain in sleep mode is nearly inapreciable. The only thing thats bothering me is sound cracks when listening music while doing anything else.

Now I'm using CM stock with khaon kernel but i had to convert the rom for f2fs with a tool.
I want to know if I must convert khaon's CM for f2fs.

Now I'm using CM stock with khaon kernel but i had to convert the rom for f2fs with a tool.
I want to know if I must convert khaon's CM for f2fs.

Its just an option, you can use f2fs or ext4 (the default). There is no need to use one or other filesystem

Its just an option, you can use f2fs or ext4 (the default). There is no need to use one or other filesystem
You don't need to do anything just install the rom it will detect your portions and act accordingly if you have true dual boot wrong information will be written.

System with f2fs works btw.

Unstall to try viper 4 and deactivate any sound driver enhancement. I mean cm one.

Change to try max_soft_rate to 2000 or less it's a bfq tunnable

Try also with dead line

Unstall to try viper 4 and deactivate any sound driver enhancement. I mean cm one.

Change to try max_soft_rate to 2000 or less it's a bfq tunnable

Try also with dead line
I tried all schedulers and there was no change, iam using another ROM right now, and i will try to disable the enhancements as soon as install this ROM again.

BTW, iam using phil's recovery and i have formated data,cache and system partition to f2fs, but it couldnt install, if a change /system back to ext4 there is no problem in installation, recovery problem?

I also sometime have sound cracks (mostly with cloud music) and no other changes. See what happens when you lock min cpu frequ to something more, change sound's values to default if you have changed them and freeze fauxsound if you have it, see also, if it's the case, if you didn't uv'ed too much. It must be one of these things because I have no cracks without.

Could you please explain how to install on f2fs formated /system? thanks

I got:

Formatting /system (F2FS)
symlink: some symlinks failed
E: Error in /storage/sdacard0/cm-11-2'141027-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip
(Status 7)
E: Installation aborted.
press any key to continue.

I am also experiencing sound crack when playing music at the same time and open menu or other apps. I do not use any sound enhancement currently. I did not notice this with 'normal' kernel. I use khaon kernel with official cm11 m11

Hi again and THX for your work

I just want to ask you if it is possible to implement some more governor like fiops or i am interested in zen i/o Scheduler (it seems to be very balanced in speed and battery train) i asked some weeks ago and you said you maybe take a look
Did you find something interested?
I only found some compairons oft io Scheduler
http://androidmodguide.blogspot.de/p/io-schedulers.html?m=1
But it is your kernel so just if you want to try some Other Scheduler than bfq to ;-)

I can check for those schedulers I need to find the more recent sources.

About sound crackling, well I have none and still using viper and highest quality driver

Reactions: Haubitze88
I can check for those schedulers I need to find the more recent sources.

About sound crackling, well I have none and still using viper and highest quality driver
If i know what you need i will search the whole web

Last edited:
Original Posted by bbedward
Q: What is the zen I/O scheduler?
A: Well, the question that was asked above led me to an analysis of V(R ), deadline, and some others. I already knew, but realized "this is the main feature of V(R), but wait it has no benefit to us smartphone users." So I thought about adjusting the way V(R ) handled requests and how it dispatched them (I chose V(R ) because i'd rather not tinker with a scheduler thats official and widely supported). Then I was looking over it, and realized I might as well just write a new one I don't need any of this stuff. So I came up with something awfully similar to SIO, although its a bit simpler than SIO (closer to no-op) and works just slightly different.
- It's an FCFS (First come, first serve) based algorithm. It's not strictly FIFO. It does not do any sorting. It uses deadlines for fairness, and treats synchronous requests with priority over asynchronous ones. Other than that, pretty much the same as no-op.

I am also experiencing sound crack when playing music at the same time and open menu or other apps. I do not use any sound enhancement currently. I did not notice this with 'normal' kernel. I use khaon kernel with official cm11 m11
did you disable sound on touch and display sounds?
i heard about something like this in
[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)
and if i remember me linux said this options must be unchecked and the problem will be solved.

New builds online:

rom
compiled with ftree-vectorize extra flags
kernel

• cpufreq: create a helper function to get CPU utilization. Picked from @stratosk
  • aries_defconfig updated
  • block: zen: fix a bug in add_request, should use rq_is_sync
  • Adjust zen comments
  • Some cleanups to zen I/O scheduler
  • block:zen:I/O scheduler adjustments, reduce fifo_batch to 1
  • Add Zen I/O scheduler. Similar to SIO, primarily based on no-op and deadline. Intended to be mostly FCFS. Simpler than SIO in many ways, one of them being write requests/read requests have mostly the same priority.
  • f2fs: updated to upstream branch
  • added fastboot mount option on f2fs partitions

This commit add a new mount option : fastboot

If a system wants to reduce the booting time as a top priority, now we can use a mount option, -o fastboot. With this option, f2fs conducts a little bit slow write_checkpoint, but it can avoid the node page reads during the next mount time.

As usual the rom is shipped with regular kernel, tdb users will have to flash tdb kernel

THX for your work i will test it the next days for now zen works very smooth
Whats New with ftree-vectorize extra flags?