[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

Just kinda sucky we don't have sound. Tried to check few other tree devices with the same soc to see if I could figure out something to fix the problems but nothing so far.... I still have or'two things to try ... But I fear we need specific adjustment... Well micha surely will fix that soonish.

Sent from my nexus 10
yeah,m1cha surely will fix it soon

Could anyone using another ROM such omni w/e using cm/aosp source base flash default boot image then flash my archive and report any kernel does work. Make sure reflashing original kernel .any kernel dump current ROM one only if those patches aren't needed. It patches the fstab also so you can use f2fs anywhere. System can not its image is ext4 by default . I don't recommend f2fs with cache.

Sent from my nexus 10

Yes, I tried again
The ROM doesn't boot, it gets frozen on Mi logo.
Is it compatible with TDB?
It should boot at least on the boot animation at worst.

Have you adb access? Adb shell dmesg

Sounds more the problem comes from the kernel itself. Sure you flashed kitkzt one? I will check later today if the mistake is not mine

Yes, I tried again
The ROM doesn't boot, it gets frozen on Mi logo.
Is it compatible with TDB?

I have just booted on PACMAN nightly of today, flashed the rom than my kernel and all went well.

I assume you either used a wrong kernel or the underlying one was not propper.

Just flash original boot.img and then my kernel.

EDIT: I noticed few hours ago that mounting TBD was semi working.

There was a typo.

Now, it is fixed and working property ! Or at least it seems ! Kinda happy to have made that fully working.

EDIT 2 since yday on pacman any kernel does work as it should be as I activated tdb and flash the ROM. It is correctly binding userdata partition !

All cm rom based will work no problems.
I

Last edited:
Mi2S. CWM 6.0.5.1, TDB Enabled, System1 - Omni rom, System2 - CM11 20141217. I flash to system2 (CM11) UPDATE-AnyKernel2-aries-20-12.zip (before you change it last time), wipe system, dalvig, it seems, that all working well, but when i run Antutu benchmark 5.3 phone hang. I only limit max freq to 1728MHz. No other changes. Only battery removing help me. After rebooting and limiting max freq to 1728 i can compleet test. OK. I flash this kernel to system1 (Omni), wipe system, dalvig. Booting, limiting max freq to 1728, no undervolting. Start Antutu, and phone hang again. But now i can rebooting by long press power button. Reboot to system2 (CM11), after 5-6 hours run Antutu again. And phone hang again. Only remooving battery help me.
I'll try latest kernrel UPDATE-ANYKERNEL-khaon-aries-kitkat-20-12-.zip

Mi2S. CWM 6.0.5.1, TDB Enabled, System1 - Omni rom, System2 - CM11 20141217. I flash to system2 (CM11) UPDATE-AnyKernel2-aries-20-12.zip (before you change it last time), wipe system, dalvig, it seems, that all working well, but when i run Antutu benchmark 5.3 phone hang. I only limit max freq to 1728MHz. No other changes. Only battery removing help me. After rebooting and limiting max freq to 1728 i can compleet test. OK. I flash this kernel to system1 (Omni), wipe system, dalvig. Booting, limiting max freq to 1728, no undervolting. Start Antutu, and phone hang again. But now i can rebooting by long press power button. Reboot to system2 (CM11), after 5-6 hours run Antutu again. And phone hang again. Only remooving battery help me.
I'll try latest kernrel UPDATE-ANYKERNEL-khaon-aries-kitkat-20-12-.zip
Weird running it 286 - 1890 - 115mv to all steps. No hang out last zntutu with normal settings was 29600. What is your default max gpu freq? Basically should be 400Mhz

Also have you access to logs? Logczt verbose and dmesg when phone hangs?
Sent from my Xiaomi MI2s

The last build doesn't work on PACrom
But khaon_kernel_aries_tdb-13-12-2014.zip works great
For me, it works better than any other version he released until now. Make sur You just didn't install khaon anykernel over khaon tdbkernel. I mean, did you wiped dalvik,cache and system before flashing?

PAC rom, tdb, ext4 all, everything is fine.
System partition rw errors, and sometimes fauxsound sound settings dropping down to -84 has gone.
I'll try it on mokee/omni/sMIUI/or Wiui for feedback if I a take the time to download them.

Edit: it doesn't work on mokee and sMiui. Ok on Omni.

Last edited:
hi ! i've seen your big work on this smartphone, and the big improve for gpu and cpu with overclock. i have a mi2a with 2 core and 320 adreno. how can i enable similar feature on my kernel 4.4? thanks in advance..

hi ! i've seen your big work on this smartphone, and the big improve for gpu and cpu with overclock. i have a mi2a with 2 core and 320 adreno. how can i enable similar feature on my kernel 4.4? thanks in advance..

You take sources of other kernels and apply it over your own.

Kitkat and lollipop kernels update(they are both the same zImage)

• cpufreq: interactive: prevents the frequency to directly raise above the hispeed_freq from a lower frequency.
  • cpufreq: interactive: don't skip waking up speedchange_task if target_freq > policy->cur
  • cpufreq:interactive:switch to touchboost driver interface
  • input: touchboost: re-organize the code properly. Only accept EV_ABS events when updating the input time variable
  • input: add a generic input notifier for boosting cpufreq from the governor.
  • compile with linaro 4.9.3-2014.12
  • build kernel:corrected update anykernel archive name
  • f2fs:sync with upstream revision
  • defconfig updated
  • build script: use anykernel2 solution
  • block:bfq:adjusted tunnables for nand devices
  • f2fs:sync with upstream branch
  • Add the BFQ-v7r7 I/O scheduler to 3.4. The general structure is borrowed from CFQ, as much of the code for handling I/O contexts. Over time, several useful features have been ported from CFQ as well (details in the changelog in README.BFQ). A (bfq_)queue is associated to each task doing I/O on a device, and each time a scheduling decision has to be made a queue is selected and served until it expires.
  • cpufreq:interactive:adjusted tunnables to my liking
  • build script:fixed some errors now we are using anykernel
  • mounting script: squashed anykernel universal one
  • build kernel: compress ramdisk with lz4 algorithm
  • frandom: build as built-in driver instead of module
  • build script: corrected an error leading to build the image without any ramdisk
  • override rom's mount_ext.sh script with mine
  • cpufreq: Always allow update of user policy
  • mount scripts: improved the code
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'cm_msm/cm-12.0' into lollipop
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'micha/staging/cm-12.0' into lollipop
  • buildscript: switch to anykernel2
  • cpufreq:fixed min/max frequencies and governor not restored with hotplugging
  • ext4 updated to 3.4.105
  • various 3.4.105 and upstream linux patches applied
  • fs:f2fs: sync with upstream linux 3.4 branch
  • lz4 updated to linux kernel upstream
  • few patches to enhance the kernel

Kitkat and lollipop kernels update(they are both the same zImage)

• cpufreq: interactive: prevents the frequency to directly raise above the hispeed_freq from a lower frequency.
  • cpufreq: interactive: don't skip waking up speedchange_task if target_freq > policy->cur
  • cpufreq:interactive:switch to touchboost driver interface
  • input: touchboost: re-organize the code properly. Only accept EV_ABS events when updating the input time variable
  • input: add a generic input notifier for boosting cpufreq from the governor.
  • compile with linaro 4.9.3-2014.12
  • build kernel:corrected update anykernel archive name
  • f2fs:sync with upstream revision
  • defconfig updated
  • build script: use anykernel2 solution
  • block:bfq:adjusted tunnables for nand devices
  • f2fs:sync with upstream branch
  • Add the BFQ-v7r7 I/O scheduler to 3.4. The general structure is borrowed from CFQ, as much of the code for handling I/O contexts. Over time, several useful features have been ported from CFQ as well (details in the changelog in README.BFQ). A (bfq_)queue is associated to each task doing I/O on a device, and each time a scheduling decision has to be made a queue is selected and served until it expires.
  • cpufreq:interactive:adjusted tunnables to my liking
  • build script:fixed some errors now we are using anykernel
  • mounting script: squashed anykernel universal one
  • build kernel: compress ramdisk with lz4 algorithm
  • frandom: build as built-in driver instead of module
  • build script: corrected an error leading to build the image without any ramdisk
  • override rom's mount_ext.sh script with mine
  • mount scripts: improved the code
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'cm_msm/cm-12.0' into lollipop
  • Merge remote-tracking branch 'micha/staging/cm-12.0' into lollipop
  • buildscript: switch to anykernel2
  • cpufreq:fixed min/max frequencies and governor not restored with hotplugging
  • ext4 updated to 3.4.105
  • various 3.4.105 and upstream linux patches applied
  • fs:f2fs: sync with upstream linux 3.4 branch
  • lz4 updated to linux kernel upstream
  • few patches to enhance the kernel
how about mic issue?

Dunno we'will'see I all try building with different audio libraries . if you disable speaker mic is working heh

Sent from my nexus 10
The speaker mic is the noise cancelling mic?I think I'm mixing concepts...

@Khaon I'm on pacrom 4.4.4 and running Khaon_kernel_aries-27-10-2014 kernel.Can i flash your new kernel directly or do i have to flash original pacrom kernel first and then flash your's?

@Khaon I'm on pacrom 4.4.4 and running Khaon_kernel_aries-27-10-2014 kernel.Can i flash your new kernel directly or do i have to flash original pacrom kernel first and then flash your's?
Better reflash pacman boot image than any kernel build

Sent from my nexus 10

Reactions: X4nfire