New Data roaming even when switched off on Mi 9

elsuzio

Members
Feb 25, 2020
Hi,

We've had a problem with the roaming of the phone. The roaming option was set to disabled AND the network data was also switched off. However, when abroad, we've discovered that daily transfers of up to 100kb where made and billing accordingly. In total, we have 17€ worth of roaming for an option that was disabled.

Happened on my wife's phone (MI 9 with latest global/european rom). With the same settings I didn't had any trouble on my Oneplus 6.

Hi,

We've had a problem with the roaming of the phone. The roaming option was set to disabled AND the network data was also switched off. However, when abroad, we've discovered that daily transfers of up to 100kb where made and billing accordingly. In total, we have 17€ worth of roaming for an option that was disabled.

Happened on my wife's phone (MI 9 with latest global/european rom). With the same settings I didn't had any trouble on my Oneplus 6.
That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg.

You can try to edit your build.prop file if root is present on your device.

Edit the line that says ro.com.android.dataroaming=true and change it to ro.com.android.dataroaming=false.

Set permissions to 600 and reboot your device and see if that works.