[DEV] MIUI AutoModder V0.2a

roenano

Members
Nov 7, 2010
I'm working on an auto modder that will automatically mod MIUI for you, no programming skills required.
At the first step and as a test I have compiled a script that will disable the wallpaper scrolling on Launcher.apk but the idea is to add in the future every existing mod that can be done on MIUI.
I am opened for requests but I will implement them slowly as I have no much time in this days.
Do not ask for mod that doesn't exist yet, I will only take existing mods and compile them into my script.

Instructions:
- Extract the content of the zip to any folder on your computer, reboot into recovery, connect the phone to the computer and run "AutoModder.bat" file.
- Choose "1" to apply the mod and when it finishes reboot your device.
- In case something goes wrong reboot into recovery and choose option "2". It will restore the original Launcher. If it still doesn't work just re-flash the Language Pack again.

Changelog:

V0.1a: (24-5-2011)
- Initial release

V0.2a: (18-7-2011)
- Updated apktool version
- Added aapt (should solve some apktool incompatibility errors)
- Small improvements to code: if there's any compilation problem you will be told and the APK won't be pushed back to phone.
- Cleared root folder (looks nicer now)
- Added log output.

Download link:
MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a.zip

Feedback will be appreciated!!

great work, roenano...as always from you!!!:)

Is there any chance for you to integrate your 4-Way-Reboot inside this mod? Or is this to complicated cause android.policy.jar is changing too much every release?

Yeah, ATM it'll be too tricky to code that as there's a lot diff-merge involved.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app

K-I-N-G, if you can, it would be nice to have more mods like 4 way reboot, bigger gap bitween the dock and the apps and more..

Hey amit,
For 4-way reboot look one post above.
The other mod I don't know what it is, so a link will be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app

If this is still alive, I'd love a quicker way to remove the clock from the status bar. It's annoying to have to decompile/recompile every week.

im waiting for the night so wont need the phone but im sure it will
anything i used from u work honestly
anyway i will let u know

Hello i tried this on my defy it seems to modify the luncher because the date on the apk in system switched from 01 aug to 05 jul but it dident get rid of the wallpaper scrolling :-(

Im on MIUIAndroid 1.7.1

Best Regards:Björn

Hello i tried this on my defy it seems to modify the luncher because the date on the apk in system switched from 01 aug to 05 jul but it dident get rid of the wallpaper scrolling :-(

Im on MIUIAndroid 1.7.1

Best Regards:Björn
Strange...
Please replace the "AutoModder.bat" file with the one attached. First restore the original Launcher (if you ran the script more than ones use the launcher.apk from the rom's ZIP)
Then run the script again and send me the log.txt.

Attachments

• AutoModder.zip
    978 bytes · Views: 306
hey roenano your automodder worked flawlessly on my SGS i9000GT running latest miui build galnet's edition for the SGS
will i be able to run this mod on any miui version coming in the future?
thnx allot ahi !!

hey roenano your automodder worked flawlessly on my SGS i9000GT running latest miui build galnet's edition for the SGS
will i be able to run this mod on any miui version coming in the future?
thnx allot ahi !!

Happy to hear!!!!

Happy to hear is working for all of you. I'm looking forward to re-open the project in about one month after my final exams for adding more mods to the script and may be making a UI for it.
Stay tuned

Hi carlospr21,

Do you install miui 1.7.15 on g2 ? Could you provide me a mean to down this release please,

Thks a lot.

this is my log:
Pulling framework-res.apk from device...
error: device not found
Done.
Installing framework resources...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Darius-PC\Desktop\MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a\framework-res.apk (The system cannot find the file specified)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:406)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.installFramework(Androlib.java:365)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdInstallFramework(Main.java:185)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:61)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Darius-PC\Desktop\MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a\framework-res.apk (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:374)
... 3 more
Pulling Launcher from device...
error: device not found
File not found - Launcher2.apk
0 File(s) copied
Done.
Decompiling Luncher...
Input file (Launcher2.apk) was not found or was not readable.
Done.
Editing Launcher.smali...
Replaced 0 occurence(s) in 0 file(s).
Done.
Building Launcher...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.DirectoryException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Launcher2 (The system cannot find the file specified)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:142)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:159)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
Caused by: brut.directory.DirectoryException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Launcher2 (The system cannot find the file specified)
at brut.directory.ZipRODirectory.<init>(ZipRODirectory.java:55)
at brut.directory.ZipRODirectory.<init>(ZipRODirectory.java:38)
at brut.androlib.res.util.ExtFile.getDirectory(ExtFile.java:55)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:138)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Launcher2 (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at brut.directory.ZipRODirectory.<init>(ZipRODirectory.java:53)
... 7 more
Done.
Something went wrong, please send log.txt to roenano.
Could Not Find C:\Users\Darius-PC\Desktop\MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a\generated\Launcher2.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\Darius-PC\Desktop\MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a\framework-res.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\Darius-PC\Desktop\MIUI-AutoModder-V0.2a\Launcher2.apk
The system cannot find the file specified.

It seems like it can't retrieve the files from your device.
Try mounting "/system" manually in recovery before running the script.

EDIT: mmmm, after a second look it didn't even recognize your device..... what is you phone model?