[DEV] Opensource Kernel

M1cha

Members
May 29, 2011
I've created this thread to prevent off-topic in the CWM thread.
The purpose of this thread is development and information mainly. The kernel currently isn't ready for daily use.

This kernel is for Android 4.3/4.4 and doesn't work with stock (MIUI) roms.

What works:
  • USB
  • NAND, sdcard
  • LCD-Backlight
  • LCD-Panel :)
  • Notification LED's
  • Power-button, Volume-keys
  • Touchscreen
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Gravity, LinearAcceleration, Gyroscope, Light, MagneticField, Orientation, AtmosphericPressure, Proximity
  • Battery/Charging
  • Vibrator
  • Bluetooth
  • WLAN
  • OpenGL, Gaming
  • RIL
  • Audio
  • GPS
  • FMRadio
  • Camera
  • Torch
In progress:
  • MHL
What doesn't work:
  • anything else? pls tell me!
Known bugs:
Sourcecode:

https://github.com/M1cha/android_kernel_xiaomi_aries

Last edited:
M1cha

That's great news, but how we can contribute to improve this work? Some dump, research?

Currently there is nothing users could do.
Only people with knowledge about kernel development and reverse engineering can help.

this is great news. keep up the great work man. wish i had more knowledge and could help out.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Can't we take all the files that we are missing from the n4 or optimus g kernel?

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

I sometimes look at the source-code of Nexus4(mako) kernel to get inspired.
As an example I've got ramconsole working this way(debug method).

But the best way still is reverse engineering the stock kernel. This way I got all the other things working :)
My next task is to reverse configuration for our power management chip (pm8921) because my device got extremely overheated last time I tried to boot CM10(80 degrees Celsius at least).

I currently don't have any exams but I still need to learn much because I failed at math last semester.
I'll do as much as I can but university has priority for now.

we wait you and hope for illumination from any god (rotfl)

If you get cm10 working is it posible to get paranoid and all that stuff ported that would be really fun!! :D

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2