[DEV] Opensource Kernel

I don't know if this kernel is compatible with 4.2.
Two questions
1- why we can't use the 3.1 kernel on 4.2?? Because on my nexus 7 with cm 10.1 I have a3.1.1 kernel
2-what version of the Linux kernel is that?(3.1 or 3.4)

Sent from my Mi2s

Linuxx: The problem isn't the kernel version only. The API's are important, too

Kekko: yes on xda

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

isn't your nickname in other place?
@Linuxx is a 3.4 kernel :p
No I'm not on xda only here and on androidiani.com register with the ionolinuxnoparty name
I haven't understand... Xiaomi have or not release a 3.4 kernel yet?

Sent from my Mi2s

We've always had 3.4 kernel and nothing else

We've always had 3.4 kernel and nothing else

I'm out of the topic but.... What rom are you using ... I'm using the 4.2.2 by cofface but I have a big battery drain.... 2 h 51 min ---> 50% ..... And I don't like very much the miui... I've bought this phone for its excellent hardware...

Sent from my Mi2s

Reactions: anto1900 and TiKaZz
?? When I was using miui I had the 3.1 kernel..... So we have the sources too?

Sent from my Mi2s

are you sure you have xiaomi mi2s? We never seen a kernel different to 3.4

PS se non si era capito sono italiano e sono pure mod su miuiitalia :D

are you sure you have xiaomi mi2s? We never seen a kernel different to 3.4

PS se non si era capito sono italiano e sono pure mod su miuiitalia :D
No I have the mi2s... Over the cover there is write xiaomi.com ..... Maybe I have read ''bad" ....

Sent from my Mi2s

HI,M1cha! A few days ago,I got your kernel and devices source from github,and build for mi2.At last,I got full_aries-ota-eng.fallow5.zip .It is my first make for mi2. And I install the zip on system2. But it can't reboot.And I got some error information on http://pastebin.com/2jvaKDRH .By the way,I also can switch to system1, and the apps still exist.

Micha, do you know what baseband processor the mi2s uses?
Seems like it's (partly) compatible to the MDM9x15 the nexus 4 uses, because I 've seen people flashing a nexus 4 radio xD
Can't find the link immediately. (maybe I should drink less alcohol on these hot days xD).

if it is somehow compatible, we could flash a n4 baseband and use the n4 ril

ok, found it: it's an Qualcomm MDM8215M (4)

(source: http://www.gizmochina.com/2013/04/14/teardown-xiaomi-2s-android-smartphone/)

I can't find a datasheet but as far as google can tell me, the difference between MDM9215M is LTE capability. So I don't know what happens if we use that baseband firmware. if it's usable we could use the vendor ril of the n4 right?

(maybe usefull as well)

③: Qualcomm PM8921: Qualcomm power management chip
⑤: Qualcomm WTR-1605: RF chip
⑥: SIMG 9244B0: Silicon Image Sil9244/MHL HD output chip
⑦: AVAGO ACPM-7051: multi-frequency power amplifier
133042121289052293.jpg

Found some specs: (source: http://www.qualcomm.com/chipsets/gobi)

vrbi3d.png

edit:
hmm, as far as I can see, xiaomi is allready using the same (or adapted) radio.
My baseband sais: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017 (so the M9615A ...) same as the N4 (mako).
Anyone tried flashing a 0.84 (with lte disabled) on the mi2s?

i have tried in mi2 and .84 don't work (it seems work only with android 4.3 or 4.2.2) when the .33 work but breaks autobrightness

PS m1cha i'm ot but you know why in the new rom, with the newest kernel (released a week ago), we have camera not working?

Hi, m1cha! A long time! I remember you from Defy Forums at XDA. I'm just wondering: Do you are working over Nexus 4 kernel sources from 4.3? Do you think maybe sources from HTC GE could be helpful since that share some of hardware with m2s???

thx but this is for 3.0 kernel and we have working touchscreen already.

M1cha, what happens if your touchscreen gets broken? callibration is off or not responding to touch at all?
If so, in the obp-utils of the atmel-maxtouch folder are references to upload a config file to the touchcontroller, reset command and callibration command. Might be usefull info?