Difference between real and fake red mi (hongmi) note - hm note 1w

mister k

Members
Jun 27, 2014
I got tricked in buying a fake one. Here are some differences between a real and fake redmi note 1w.

LEFT REAL - RIGHT FAKE

1 BOX - Real: box edges are sharper.
IMG_1829.jpg
IMG_1833.jpg

2 SEAL - The real one is sophisticated and has structure. The fake one is just a flat ordinary sticker.
real:
IMG_1834.jpg
Fake:
IMG_1836.jpg

3 BACK COVER - real: snow white with sparkles, fake: dull and off white
IMG_1845.jpg IMG_1846.jpg IMG_1848.jpg
4 SEAL INSIDE THE PHONE - Real: structure, Fake : flat
real:
IMG_1858.jpg
fake:
IMG_1863.jpg

5 WHEN THE PHONE IS TURNED ON
Real: xiaomi logo and then "WO" symbol, Fake: just xiaomi logo
IMG_1876.jpg

6 ABOUT PHONE - make sure is HM NOTE 1W (wcdma: global) and not HM NOTE 1TD, TD SCDMA is for ASIA use only. Check carefully if the phone is really a octa core with 1.7 GHZ, 2 Gig RAM. and 8 GB storage. Depends on what you are buying. You can't depend on the EMEI code which is printed on the box and what is showing on the screen.
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg IMG_1882.jpg
7 SHUTTING OFF THE PHONE: Fake: 2 x Your phone will shut down.
IMG_1888.jpg

8 CHARGING SWITCHED OFF PHONE: first XiaoMi Logo and then battery, Fake: immediate battery
IMG_1889.jpg

9 MANUAL - REAL: uses shiny paper with coloured photos, Fake: uses matte paper, 2 x red mi s1 manuals, no coloured pictures
IMG_1892.jpg

real: IMG_1904.jpg IMG_1896.jpg IMG_1901.jpg
fake:IMG_1897.jpg
10 CHARGER - Real one is bigger and has inscription on the pin side.
IMG_1868.jpg IMG_1872.jpg

I've been tricked in this shop in Shenzhen, China (Shenzhen Futian, Huaquang North road)! Don't go there! I am trying to ask for my money back. I will keep you guys posted how it went.

10492252_10152386969782284_8934155195490329029_n-1.jpg

@rodpral : if u have bought from amanda ge in aliexpress, then it is 100% fake redmi note. Even I bought from her. The rom doesnt get updated whatever u do. And yes its a wcdma model. If you find any solution, please update here

@FxJ : I have a feeling that you phone looks like a original. Did u buy from aliexpress? amanda ge?

I'm getting a little nervous with all the fake stories.
My Note shows all signs of being genuine, but I really want to be sure.
I was able to flash the official rom for note from miui website, does that mean it's real?
antutu shows specs of the real phone.
However, when I'm trying to verify by imei/sn from http://order.mi.com/service/imei I get the next message:

您输入的信息在小米网暂无销售记录,请验证后再查询。
or translated:
"Information that you enter in the network of millet no sales records, verify and then query."

I have no idea what that means.
Is there a way to know for sure?

@mrchao its really crazy sometimes. I have a fake redmi note but in the imei/serial no check site I get my phones manufacturing details like date, time and location of the phone...but im also 100% sure it is a fake device. What suprises me is that how could these fake phone sellers hack even xiaomi server????

@mrchao its really crazy sometimes. I have a fake redmi note but in the imei/serial no check site I get my phones manufacturing details like date, time and location of the phone...but im also 100% sure it is a fake device. What suprises me is that how could these fake phone sellers hack even xiaomi server????

I got mine from minideal. They are known to be reliable. I don't think they sold me a fake unit (at least I hope they didn't), since I was able to install the official miui rom on my device and it's working.
However, can't verify at 100% certainty...

I got mine from minideal. They are known to be reliable. I don't think they sold me a fake unit (at least I hope they didn't), since I was able to install the official miui rom on my device and it's working.
However, can't verify at 100% certainty...

yes, if u can install latest miui then 99.9% it is a original device. Aliexpress is full of fake devices....sad I was one of their prey...

Sorry to hear Haresh :(
It isnt your fault.. Ali is indeed a very dangerous place, except for very particular sellers..
Have you tried opening a dispute? It might help.

Sorry to hear Haresh :(
It isnt your fault.. Ali is indeed a very dangerous place, except for very particular sellers..
Have you tried opening a dispute? It might help.

yes im currently talking with the seller but she is not agreeing that the phone what she sent is a fake and she claims that they r xiaomi's official reseller and they wont sell fake devices. She even says that antutux is not proper app and it will give some fake results. Im hearing only stories from her for the past 2 days. Unfortunately there is no way we can confirm this with xiaomi.. I will mostly send this fake device back n get my money...lets see....

Screenshot_2014-07-10-22-24-28.png
I have raised a dispute that the mobile she sold is fake and demanded to refund the amount completely.

The mobile phone I bought had the following issues
1. It does NOT detect the SIM card in both the slots. (Displays emergency calls only) 2. From CUP-Z that it possess 540 x 960 pixels and NOT the original 720x1280 pixels. 3. Antutu benchmark is stuck at 8%. 4. Does NOT update to latest firmware.

Screenshot_2014-07-10-22-17-44.png

@SBS welcome to the gang. all the screenshot you have posted is the mirror image of the problems i have. BTW are u from India?

Regarding the SIM card detection, once you put your sim card, go to setting and do a factory reset(full reset) then when the phone restarts, you will have signal...i did the same and it worked.

The 8% antutu is bec of the pre loaded ROM ricks these idiots have performed. Uninstall the antutu and install antutu X and see it. it works like a charm and gives u all the results. But sadly 100% fake device.

Firmware update never happen. I tried almost all the guides available in the web but no success. sad!!!!

yes im currently talking with the seller but she is not agreeing that the phone what she sent is a fake and she claims that they r xiaomi's official reseller and they wont sell fake devices. She even says that antutux is not proper app and it will give some fake results. Im hearing only stories from her for the past 2 days. Unfortunately there is no way we can confirm this with xiaomi.. I will mostly send this fake device back n get my money...lets see....
I am in the same loop.. Negotiating now.. I reset and the phone and it got bricked.Same seller same s**t.. Do you at least have a Falashable rom for the device.. Do you have back up.. Any way you can give me the scatter files and the flash images. :(