[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

that's because Ivan's rom's use xiaomi's device ID for ADB. I have the same Problem with MIUI.
That's why all my ROM's use Google/Nexus4 usb ID's
Can you explain me, how is ADB ID involved in problem, that it is working for me and not for robolim?

Can you explain me, how is ADB ID involved in problem, that it is working for me and not for robolim?

I can, the operating system gives specifics rights and endpoint name from USB IDs when the device is connected. Especially under Linux (that's what I'm using), this thing is done by udev, and the rights set to the device name /dev/bus/usb/foobar for those specifics ID where not properly set for my non-privileged username.

In short terms, the problem is on my side (udev conf) and not Ivan's ROM.

NB: I didn't double check that, because now I'm running M1cha's ROM for some time, but the hint M1cha gave, is to me the best explanation of the problem.

I can, the operating system gives specifics rights and endpoint name from USB IDs when the device is connected. Especially under Linux (that's what I'm using), this thing is done by udev, and the rights set to the device name /dev/bus/usb/foobar for those specifics ID where not properly set for my non-privileged username.

In short terms, the problem is on my side (udev conf) and not Ivan's ROM.

NB: I didn't double check that, because now I'm running M1cha's ROM for some time, but the hint M1cha gave, is to me the best explanation of the problem.
I know but I'm too lazy to add this config :p

i cant use it in asop and the camera its free with a limted resolution ;)
Well, I never tried AOSP, but in CM12 it should work :)

Reactions: MSephiroth
When will the nightly version release?

when will we have official CM rom from CM team? Christmas? :D
No eta
If is CM12 too unstable, it's possible to port other ROM like aosp, nexus experience, omnirom?
Well this rom is not for users, it is not stable and you don't have to use it, if you don't use it anyway then u cannot cry about bug xxx or fc or <insert random things here>
volume is lower compared to previous versions, why is that?
thumbs up for the bt a2dp fix
Because of yes
What about the microphone? Audio hal is working?
Don't ask for eta or other things such as is this fixed, this rom isn't for most of users

Reactions: oile
Hi there, some idle battery graph with wifi on (and setting "wifi always on, even in sleep mode" set)
To me it's good like MIUI roms. We can see an average slope of 1% battery consumed for 2hours during the night.

For your convenience,
Cheers

PS: M1cha's ROM found out a new daily user (and I'll keep Ivan 4.11.11 in mind as the best LL battery saver but without all those little addons that CM incorporates)

PS2: And having 5.0.1 written in "about phone" just rulez for the fame :) Keep up the good work M1cha !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-49-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-49-15.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 337
I installed this ... it was smooth ... but I was not able to install GAPPS, is there any special version of GAPPS ? I used macha's CMW recovery 6.0.5.0

Is it me or in the new build vibration doesn't work on buttons^?
yes doesn't work indeed, and did not find a way to set that up.

I installed this ... it was smooth ... but I was not able to install GAPPS, is there any special version of GAPPS ? I used macha's CMW recovery 6.0.5.0
I formatted /system from CWM[1], flashed M1cha's ROM[2], about 130MB or so were left, and then flashed GAPPS[3] small (70MB). At the end /system is at 100% but everything seems to work without a problem. I can associate with a google account and synchronize mail an so...
Using the phone for 2 days now without any problems.

NB: if there was a way to bootstrap gapps directly in /data, that would be great because of the little /system size and would spare fiddling with parted and others non user-friendly partition manager on our Mi2s.

[1] recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.0-aries-20140718-signed.zip, MD5: 46ba033b7299a0e6548c733f4a89f390
[2] cm-12-20141211-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip, MD5: e5ab25666b0bf37d24b5ece7ee8ff7a4
[3] gapps-lp-20141107-small.zip, MD5 0dc074c32e996f62d24334a78c12d699

Last edited:
NB: if there was a way to bootstrap gapps directly in /data, that would be great because of the little /system size and would spare fiddling with parted and others non user-friendly partition manager on our Mi2s.
GParted is very user friendly and should support mi2 soon :)

Reactions: javichampi
I'm using it for daily use since two days.
Until now I haven't found any bug.
Only the in call microphone volume is a bit low.

Beside this the battery consumption is ways higher than kit kat.
But kit kat wasn't as smooth as Lollipop at any time.

I'm using it for daily use since two days.
Until now I haven't found any bug.
Only the in call microphone volume is a bit low.

Beside this the battery consumption is ways higher than kit kat.
But kit kat wasn't as smooth as Lollipop at any time.

Don't you have any problem in calls? Mic always working?

Yes i had about 10 calls in and out the days without any microphone issues (beside the volume).

Reactions: oile