Dreamfly case for Xiaomi M2

Caspian1

Members
Feb 16, 2013
Hi everyone,

I found this case for the Xiaomi M2 on FulcruMall and Aliexpress. Apparently it is made by a company called Dreamfly and features an iphone-like design made with tempered glass.

Link 1: Aliexpress ; Link 2: Fulcrumall

I am very interested in it but I would like to know what you guys think of it and maybe you can help me figure out a couple of things:

1. There are some pictures that compare this case to the standard one (listed below). The first issue is, they have no holes for the speaker. They seem to have made new ones on the top part of the phone. Is this possible? Can they redirect the sound? Won't there be loss of volume and quality?

2. Secondly - The third hole on the case (the one next to the camera) seems to be covered up. That one is for the noise-cancelling mic I think. Not sure what they did there...

What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone speak Mandarin? Maybe if we knew what they say in those pictures, it would be easier.

Thanks,
Victor

572985199_794.jpg

572985200_524.jpg

that third whole is the speaker. that is my only concern with this case is that it covers the speaker...

that third whole is the speaker. that is my only concern with this case is that it covers the speaker...
The speaker is on the left but on the far right there is also a small hole for the noise-cancelling mic (I think) and that is covered as well. it is in the last picture...
It is very strange. Not sure what they did there. :)

Reactions: netdrg
not sure either. would have to try and ask the manufacturer.

They seems to show that the noise canceling mike is only covered by a dust protector or something and that the speaker is redirected to the top of the phone...

a wonderful case, I got the orange one. The only thing that bugs is that it is written DREAMFLY, but thats it. About the holes, dude they are so much better on the top place. As you have the phone lying on the table it sounds way better, because nothing covers the holes

Attachments

• IMG-20130330-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130330-WA0001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 385
a wonderful case, I got the orange one. The only thing that bugs is that it is written DREAMFLY, but thats it. About the holes, dude they are so much better on the top place. As you have the phone lying on the table it sounds way better, because nothing covers the holes
and second microphone hole..? lol...

I do see the advantage of having the speaker on the top but that's not what bugs me. I don't get how they did it. Cause in the picture it looks like they just made a groove on the inside to the upper part...

Is your phone's speaker as loud now and clear as it was before?

Have to try but really, do you use your speakers often, for music? Buy headphones.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

can't you just use some paint thinner or nail polish remover to get rid of the DREAMFLY text? Or is it etched into the plastic?

To those of you who are unsure as to how the sound could result, use this as an idea and as a guide:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Directed sound output can usually be sourced as an amplification module for anything that outputs sound. Take pre-21st Century music players for example, and any brass instrument.

This case obviously seems engineered to make the sound better, otherwise it would be a deadbeat for marketing.

very interesting case. please anyone confirm the better sound from the speaker. i am also curious to know about the hole for noise reduction mic which was covered by the case. any logic or expllanation?

hello,
as you can see in the 4th picture (starting from the top, left side), the hole of the mike is there, bigger than original one, but it is visible only from inside, from outside it is invisible because cover by the plastic or the paint. Probably the bigger size of the hole cover by plastic give the same performance of the smaller hole but not cover.