Experience with Xiaomi 14 / Pro / Ultra running on Xiaomi.EU ROM

senerex

Members
May 3, 2018
Dear users/readers and moderators,

like many in this forum I'm eagerly waiting to get my dirty fingers on a Xiaomi 14 (houji). After the last fiasco with call drops I and many users here had with our Redmi Note 12 Turbo (chinese Poco F5), I kindly ask you early birds to write here in this thread about your experience with the Chinese version of Xiaomi 14 (houji) running on our favourite ROM, Xiaomi.EU (of course after it is available, that is) :). I'm curious to know if everything is running smoothly on the Chinese version of Xiaomi 14 and buy one now or shall I wait for the global version to come out.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: unclefive55
Got mine today. Until now it seems nice, but I'm looking forward to getting xiaomi.eu on it

as first step, unlock your bootloader..
Good morning from Spain. I apologize for my writing, as I am using a translator.
Yesterday I received my Xiaomi 14 pro, but it gives me errors when trying to unlock the bootloader.
You know how it can be done.
Thanks in advance for your help.

It doesn't allow me, I get this message
photo_2023-11-08_10-27-03.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: senerex
Xiaomi indirectly showing the middle finger to anyone outside of the supported region exporting their phones
love you too Xiaomi :rolleyes:.
Let's see what Xiaomi gonna do 'to these upcoming global devices because there's no news for now.
This message is only for china users ofc Xiaomi 14 is still china and you bought a china phone, also they not exporting it to global. You are the one who choose to buy that phone thru some online stores right?

Let's see what Xiaomi gonna do 'to these upcoming global devices because there's no news for now.
This message is only for china users ofc Xiaomi 14 is still china and you bought a china phone, also they not exporting it to global. You are the one who choose to buy that phone thru some online stores right?
I imagine nothing big will change from global rom release at least for the BL unlock requirements, but yes Xiaomi has essentially discourged any type of exporting practice it seems, but is it not absurd that the requirements have got so strict? requiring goverment ID or bank card, level 5 community engagement which I heard could take half a year, seems to me they are cracking down even on local Chineses as well who wish to unlock BL. at this phase most will be waiting to hear news of Xiamoi EU and if they will continue or not.

But yes I was the one who chose to buy patience is a virtue rings true a lot in this case.

Reactions: zellot06
sounds like that, they allowe to unlock the bootloader, but they makes it near unpossible for most users outside china mainland.

I think they want to prevent the export of cheap china devices to other countries.

if you buy a global device (for the global market), it will be easier to unlock the bootloader.

*guess*

• Sad
Reactions: pierro78
the "paid scammer" cannot unlock the BL ! They can help to get u out of EDL mode and recovery your phone,
but they can not unlock the BL ! (Even if they claim they can)

the "paid scammer" cannot unlock the BL ! They can help to get u out of EDL mode and recovery your phone,
They absolutely can, I paid 20$ for it when I had over 100 hours wait time when I bought xiaomi 13 ultra (it was just 1.5 moths old at the time, not my phone, Chinese release date) and didn't want to wait anymore. And they did remotely. Only thing I had to do was clear my mi account from my phone and plug into computer. I think they have authorized mi accounts.

Last edited:
Sorry man but reality seems to say very differently how did I manage to root with the BL being locked?
btw not advising use of them as it is risky they could scam you but when its a last resort you got to do what you got to do.
1699464267080.png1699464287276.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Adnan008
Good morning from Spain. I apologize for my writing, as I am using a translator.
Yesterday I received my Xiaomi 14 pro, but it gives me errors when trying to unlock the bootloader.
You know how it can be done.
Thanks in advance for your help.
It s default blocked by the xiaomi on xiaomi 14 pro

I imagine nothing big will change from global rom release at least for the BL unlock requirements, but yes Xiaomi has essentially discourged any type of exporting practice it seems, but is it not absurd that the requirements have got so strict? requiring goverment ID or bank card, level 5 community engagement which I heard could take half a year, seems to me they are cracking down even on local Chineses as well who wish to unlock BL. at this phase most will be waiting to hear news of Xiamoi EU and if they will continue or not.

But yes I was the one who chose to buy patience is a virtue rings true a lot in this case.
Yes, xiaomi 14 pro, maybe 14, have the bootloader locked by default by XIAOMI.
Maybe they will give up, although this is unlikely.
It is sad to see this, but somehow the good news is that the installed Hiper OS does not have the constraints of the Chinese MIUI with the locked bootloader.
I managed to install all the GOOGLE applications and the tests show that they work.
System app changes also work and there are only a few default Chinese apks that can be avoided.
I haven't tested car connectivity.

Dear users/readers and moderators,

like many in this forum I'm eagerly waiting to get my dirty fingers on a Xiaomi 14 (houji). After the last fiasco with call drops I and many users here had with our Redmi Note 12 Turbo (chinese Poco F5), I kindly ask you early birds to write here in this thread about your experience with the Chinese version of Xiaomi 14 (houji) running on our favourite ROM, Xiaomi.EU (of course after it is available, that is) :). I'm curious to know if everything is running smoothly on the Chinese version of Xiaomi 14 and buy one now or shall I wait for the global version to come out.

Thank you in advance.
Yes, xiaomi 14 pro, maybe 14, have the bootloader locked by default by XIAOMI.
Maybe they will give up, although this is unlikely.
It is sad to see this, but somehow the good news is that the installed Hiper OS does not have the constraints of the Chinese MIUI with the locked bootloader.
I managed to install all the GOOGLE applications and the tests show that they work.
System app changes also work and there are only a few default Chinese apks that can be avoided.
I haven't tested car connectivity.

Just recieved my Xiaomi 14 pro but I can't even get my PC to recognize it. As for bootloader unlock I will wait and see if something changes.
Hope the community will give some hints

They absolutely can, I paid 20$ for it when I had over 100 hours wait time when I bought xiaomi 13 ultra (it was just 1.5 moths old at the time, not my phone, Chinese release date) and didn't want to wait anymore. And they did remotely. Only thing I had to do was clear my mi account from my phone and plug into computer. I think they have authorized mi accounts.
I believe they were talking about the new BL unlock policy regarding Xiaomi 14 going forward and not last years model.