Experience with Xiaomi 14 / Pro / Ultra running on Xiaomi.EU ROM

okay, it works
try the org. cable, install stock global firmware and after flash xiaomi.eu

thanks

No, this procedure is not necessary for the XM 14 (houji). But if you have a Global version of the device, you need to apply the patch for networks after installing the ROM.
Ty worked like a charm :)

Anyone using interconnect with its Xiaomi Pad? I worked on stock Os, but it seems like its not working with Xiaomi.eu rom :/

flashed via fastboot from official global to stable eu 1.0.8 all ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-03-01-31-41-308_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-03-01-31-41-308_com.android.settings.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 98
Worked. Thanks you and staff so much.
Hey, did you also install TWRP on 14 Ultra as well? If yes, from where did you download it? I couldn't find it here. Thanks in advance!
If not, when it is expected to be available? Without it the phone can be updated only via fastboot, right?
I have a Chinese 14 Ultra, trying to install xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.8.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip but the script finished wit a lot of errors and was not successful, I don't want to get out of fastboot as it will maybe be in a bootloop now, so how to install EU rom on a Chinese 14 Ultra on it without TWRP still available to flash it first?
I am on 1.0.8.0.UNACNXM firmware with unlocked bootloader and can't install EU rom.
xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.7.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip also gives me errors while installation.
How to install EU?

Actually phone still booted normally after trying to install xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.8.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip with a lot of errors. So what should I install first before the EU rom?

Last edited:
Hey, did you also install TWRP on 14 Ultra as well? If yes, from where did you download it? I couldn't find it here. Thanks in advance!
If not, when it is expected to be available? Without it the phone can be updated only via fastboot, right?
I have a Chinese 14 Ultra, trying to install xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.8.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip but the script finished wit a lot of errors and was not successful, I don't want to get out of fastboot as it will maybe be in a bootloop now, so how to install EU rom on a Chinese 14 Ultra on it without TWRP still available to flash it first?
I am on 1.0.8.0.UNACNXM firmware with unlocked bootloader and can't install EU rom.
xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.7.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip also gives me errors while installation.
How to install EU?

Actually phone still booted normally after trying to install xiaomi.eu_multi_AURORA_OS1.0.8.0.UNACNXM_os1-14.zip with a lot of errors. So what should I install first before the EU rom?
The errors are indeed a problem, since you forgot to show them, how is anybody supposed to help?

The default issue most of us is facing is a clean flash but a bootloop, so it's different from yours..

I recommend to ensure the cable and the usb port are fine, also use the right .bat file, you don't update, you are doing a first install and format.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

The errors are indeed a problem, since you forgot to show them, how is anybody supposed to help?

The default issue most of us is facing is a clean flash but a bootloop, so it's different from yours..

I recommend to ensure the cable and the usb port are fine, also use the right .bat file, you don't update, you are doing a first install and format.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.
Reading other's posts, I realized I maybe need to downgrade the Chinese rom to lower than version 7, and then install one of the EU roms available. The script is skipping all of the files that he is usually trying to install on the phone and at the end the phone boots normally on the version 8 of the Chinese rom that was installed before that (he was updated to version 8).

PS: Yes after downgrade to version 3 Chinese rom, EU rom installed successfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karpfenhai
Anyone having problem activating Mi Messaging on the EU rom 14 Ultra, Chinese version? It has been working fine on Chinese rom, but starts loading on the EU rom, after putting on phone number and never completes the operation or receives activation SMS. Any solutions?
Is also the Mi AI app missing from EU rom?
The rom doesn't allow me to install system app as a third party app (on the picture).

Attachments

• IMG-42cad0b4735397430bccc8382b503e8f-V.jpg
    IMG-42cad0b4735397430bccc8382b503e8f-V.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-6c9c4862d42890dae6e77d33e24fde5a-V.jpg
    IMG-6c9c4862d42890dae6e77d33e24fde5a-V.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-058bb85ca060b353b3f2244a4a975d45-V.jpg
    IMG-058bb85ca060b353b3f2244a4a975d45-V.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-fd24f5276d27259331c3b2407e6e2351-V.jpg
    IMG-fd24f5276d27259331c3b2407e6e2351-V.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Anyone having problem activating Mi Messaging on the EU rom 14 Ultra, Chinese version? It has been working fine on Chinese rom, but starts loading on the EU rom, after putting on phone number and never completes the operation or receives activation SMS. Any solutions?
Is also the Mi AI app missing from EU rom?
The rom doesn't allow me to install system app as a third party app (on the picture).
It doesn't work on xiaomi.eu. (Mi Messaging). I don’t know why, the developers don’t say.
Perhaps they don't need this functionality.

Reactions: novicebgr
Wh
It doesn't work on xiaomi.eu. (Mi Messaging). I don’t know why, the developers don’t say.
Perhaps they don't need this functionality.
What do you mean? I have a 14ultra CN version and Aurora installed, and I've been receiving sms in China from China (Chinese sim card) and from Spain (Spanish sim card) . I didn't send any sms dough. But everything seems to be working fine.

Can anyone please tell me why I can't find the Xiaomi.EU ROM Aurora for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra on the official main page "Hyper OS Weekly Update"?

In this conversation there are links for it but why is it hidden in this way?

And can anyone share experience as it is mentioned that this is also working like it was in the past for all MiUI versions?

Can anyone please tell me why I can't find the Xiaomi.EU ROM Aurora for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra on the official main page "Hyper OS Weekly Update"?

In this conversation there are links for it but why is it hidden in this way?

And can anyone share experience as it is mentioned that this is also working like it was in the past for all MiUI versions?
That's easy, you don't, the ultra has no weekly yet, go with stable.

Sent from my Xiaomi 14 Ultra using Tapatalk

That's easy, you don't, the ultra has no weekly yet, go with stable.

Alright mate thanks first of all but then I am either blind or confused as I also can't find it under the stable page

Is there another link I missed?

Just a quick question: when I keep updating Xiaomi.EU ROM on a global device, do I need to keep track and update firmwares (modem etc) separately ? Or are e.g. modem firmware updates for global devices encorporated in Xiaomi.EU-ROM ?

Just a quick question: when I keep updating Xiaomi.EU ROM on a global device, do I need to keep track and update firmwares (modem etc) separately ? Or are e.g. modem firmware updates for global devices encorporated in Xiaomi.EU-ROM ?
It's all in the ROM!

Reactions: s3axel
A little confused. I have a global phone on 1.0.3. I'm not sure if that means I am on "global" or "EEA" or if those are the same. The phone is from HK.

I read about boot loops flashing 1.0.8 xiaomi eu rom directly.
But then I read a few different reports.
One person from global 1.0.4 to xiaomi.eu 1.0.7 (or 1.0.8) did not work and he had to goto global 1.0.2.
Then someone reported installing CN 1.0.4 then going to 1.0.8 and that worked.
Then someone from "official global" to 1.0.8 and it worked
Then after that, I need to flash the modem and modemfirmware from global. (Is this everytime, even for updates?)

Which version should I go back to? or should I just try 1.0.8 first and see what happens. I've still got another week or so til I can unlock, I just want to be prepared. It would be nice if a mod could add it on the official thread for the ROM

The instructions mention installing with or without TWRP. Are most people installing TWRP? What are the advantages/disadvantages. The last time I used custom roms was maybe 5yrs ago. The main advantage I recall was being able to do a full backup and restore. I do plan to root to get rid of the privacy dot.

Also, what do people usually do to backup/transfer their data. I remember this was always an issue when I tried different ROMs. I'd often need to do a full wipe. Google backup is kind of useless because you have no idea what it has backed up and what it hasnt.

Last edited:
What do you mean? I have a 14ultra CN version and Aurora installed, and I've been receiving sms in China from China (Chinese sim card) and from Spain (Spanish sim card) . I didn't send any sms dough. But everything seems to be working fine
I mean this
photo_2024-04-19_13-45-07.jpg

A little confused. I have a global phone on 1.0.3. I'm not sure if that means I am on "global" or "EEA" or if those are the same. The phone is from HK.

I read about boot loops flashing 1.0.8 xiaomi eu rom directly.
But then I read a few different reports.
One person from global 1.0.4 to xiaomi.eu 1.0.7 (or 1.0.8) did not work and he had to goto global 1.0.2.
Then someone reported installing CN 1.0.4 then going to 1.0.8 and that worked.
Then someone from "official global" to 1.0.8 and it worked
Then after that, I need to flash the modem and modemfirmware from global. (Is this everytime, even for updates?)

Which version should I go back to? or should I just try 1.0.8 first and see what happens. I've still got another week or so til I can unlock, I just want to be prepared. It would be nice if a mod could add it on the official thread for the ROM

The instructions mention installing with or without TWRP. Are most people installing TWRP? What are the advantages/disadvantages. The last time I used custom roms was maybe 5yrs ago. The main advantage I recall was being able to do a full backup and restore. I do plan to root to get rid of the privacy dot.

Also, what do people usually do to backup/transfer their data. I remember this was always an issue when I tried different ROMs. I'd often need to do a full wipe. Google backup is kind of useless because you have no idea what it has backed up and what it hasnt.
Wonder if now that 1.0.9 is out, fastboot loop isn't a issue any more..

Am using 14 pro my from 2 months with .eu the hard bars was unlocking the bootloader i managed to unlock it also dirctly i have rooted the device after flashing eu rom thw phone is wonderful but had so much connectivity issu since i update to begin of April 4.8.24 i guess but i managed to downgrade still ams scared to update to 4.16 update but i may try it today