Facing Issues Weekly Build 6.11.10

RuudRuud

Members
Nov 21, 2016
As a first time Xiaomi user I'm facing issues with my Mi 5s device (3/64GB). I've updated the rom to the weekly EU-build (6.11.10).

1: Cannot add Exchange account to Gmail app
First it states that the Exchange services need updating, after the update there's no option to add an Exchange-account to gmail.

When I manually remove the Exchange services with Titanium Back Up and install them again from the store there is the option to add an Exchange address to Gmail.

2: Calendar is not syncing from Exchange
The Google calendar app cannot sync. In Accounts - Other accounts - Exchange it states the sync has failed. When opening the sync-properties there's an exclamation mark @ calendar. My e-mails sync without problems and contacts are not enabled for syncing.

When I install the Outlook app the calendar does sync in that app.

3: Spotify and bluetooth car stereo
Spotify cannot be controlled by my car stereo (standard navigation unit Seat Leon 2014). Play/Pause does function, foward/backward doesn't function. Also song titles are not displayed by the unit.

4: alarm clock
I've installed the standard Google Clock-app from the play store. The alarm-function only works when I set an alarm on the same day. When I set an alarm for the following day the Google-clock widget shows the alarm to be set @ 00:00 the following day. It doesn't play the alarm though.

When no alarm is set the widget states an alarm to be set @10:38 the following day. In my quest to a work around I've deleted the default clock app.... Is there a way to get it back because I don't know what the impact of removing it is ;)? I've created a back up with Titanium but cannot restore the app from that back up. :(

Are there work arounds for these matters?

You can work around the exchange problem with Nine. Much better, than the stock exchange client, wich also syncs the contacts and calendar.