First Xiaomi.eu ROM released for MIPAD 4

D

+DS_DV+

Hi fellow MiPad owners,

today is the day with the first release of an official Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Ver 8.9.6 https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-9-6.46206/
sadly its not a stable but i belive with the next stable release we are also getting one.

Since we are now on snapdragon the support will hopfully be better :)

Unlock and Bootloader instructions can be found here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-3196420-1-1.html
Since the ZIP is too large i cant reupload it here :/

Attachments

• MIPAD4_Xiaomi-eu.jpg
    MIPAD4_Xiaomi-eu.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,127
Thanks a lot !!!!
Hi fellow MiPad owners,

today is the day with the first release of an official Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Ver 8.9.6 https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-9-6.46206/
sadly its not a stable but i belive with the next stable release we are also getting one.

Since we are now on snapdragon the support will hopfully be better :)

Unlock and Bootloader instructions can be found here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-3196420-1-1.html
Since the ZIP is too large i cant reupload it here :/

Envoyé de mon Mi-4c en utilisant Tapatalk

Did anyone updated from 8.9.6 to 8.9.13?
I have to do a clean install. Update failed with error 7 in TWRP. Can someone confirm? Mipad4 WiFi

In principle no, because they are different hardware devices.
No. Hardware is the same only display size ( both have the same screen resolution) is different. Mokee can be installed on mi pad 4 and mi pad 4 +. Also on MIUI.com there are the same roms for standard and mi pad 4 plus for download.

No. Hardware is the same only display size ( both have the same screen resolution) is different. Mokee can be installed on mi pad 4 and mi pad 4 +. Also on MIUI.com there are the same roms for standard and mi pad 4 plus for download.

Confirmed. Ive already installed it on mi pad 4 PLUS and its working.

Hello. I have a mi pad 4 plus unlocked bootloader. I really need root it. I did not find TWRP for mi pad 4 plus to flash the magisk. Can I use twrp of mi pad 4 for mi pad 4 plus? Without twrp, can i use magisk manage to root my pad 4 plus? Or is there any other way to root it? thank you.

Hello. I have a mi pad 4 plus unlocked bootloader. I really need root it. I did not find TWRP for mi pad 4 plus to flash the magisk. Can I use twrp of mi pad 4 for mi pad 4 plus? Without twrp, can i use magisk manage to root my pad 4 plus? Or is there any other way to root it? thank you.
Should be good, both have codename "clover".

I don't have plus version of this tab, but I did like bellow before flashing:
You can always boot to TWRP before flashing. Put Your tab in fastboot mode. Check if You can see Your tab:
fastboot devices
If it all be fine then type:
fastboot boot recovery.img
# of course recovery.img is the name of recovery and Your tab should boot to TWRP without flashing.

Recovery download from MIUI.it section download or directly: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=38137

Look for twrp_clover.img

Make Shure that Your Bootloader is unlocked!!

Reactions: online22389
Most of the things are working great. Except one.
Persistent WiFi issues. Have to turn on wifi and reconnect everytime the device is restarted. Then at one point the wifi stopped to connect altogether. I had to wipe and reflash to get it back.
I am back on the China rom for now, since stability is important for me.

Hello, I got a Mi Pad 4 for my son that comes with the Chinese ROM (after an unexpected malfunction on his nVidia Shield K1) and after installed the Google Play services (and giving permissions to Google services) for the most part it has been working fine, but not everything seems to be ok.
Since Google just started to allow existing Google accounts to be integrated in Family link for parental supervision, I was able to include an old Nexus 5 in Family link with his account so I wanted to also manage his account on Mi Pad 4 with Family Link, but for some unknown reason the configuration process is not finishing, after several tries and adding permissions to every Google app/service installed I can go on Family link configuration until I get the message "Now we need to Activate Family link manager"... and when I press Next I get a popup with a message saying "it needs to be activated..." and just have the "Got it" button, not asking for more permissions or anything else...
So I was thinking to replace the original ROM with this one, but still have a few doubts:
- has anybody tried installing family link to manage the Mi Pad 4 using this new EU ROM?
- will this EU ROM have OTA updates?
- it it expected to be released another official international ROM for the Mi Pad 4 that I should wait for?
- I thought Fortnite would be compatible with Mi Pad 4 (my son's colleagues have been talking about it and he have been asking for it) but it turns out Snapdragon 660 is not supported (only SD8xx series) it's a pitty, since SD660 with 4GB of RAM should give a better experience than some old SD801.

Thanks for any comments,
Miguel Silva

Installed 8.9.20 on my Mi Pad 4. Works great :D compared to fake "global" rom that was installed before :eek:
Thanks very much coders!!!