Invalid [FIXED] Mi 9T stuck camera issue

D

Deleted member 244474

The user mlvnslc (from the mi.com forums) has found a workaround for this issue: enabling location access to the camera app fixes this problem. You can do that following these steps:
Settings → Manage apps → Camera → App permissions → Location (enable the switch).

I hope Xiaomi can fix this now, since the users have already done all the hard work.

I'm having an issue with my Mi 9T (MIUI 10.3.10.0 | Stable) camera. When I open it, almost every time it get stuck, and in order to fix it I have to tap on other camera mode (as "Video" or "48M"). I have found that it has some relation with the rotation of the phone, but I have the same issue even if I use "Rotate off". I've already tried resetting the camera settings, and even resetting the whole phone to factory defaults.

This issue is easy to reproduce on my phone. I only have to open the camera, close it, turn the phone from portrait to landscape and open the camera again. If I fix it, then I turn the phone back to portrait and I have the issue again. It's really annoying. Almost every time I open the camera it's stuck. I have recorded a video of the issue. I have uploaded the video to YouTube, since it's too heavy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the start, the camera is not working, until I tap on "Video" at 00:21. After that, it works. Then at 00:45 I turn my phone 90º, now it doesn't work anymore until I tap "Video" again at 00:58. At 1:13 I turn the phone 90º again. The same issue. And at 1:26 I fix it again. Finally, at 01:38 I break it again turning the phone. As you can see, I can reproduce the issue easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mazasi
I'm having an issue with my Mi 9T (MIUI 10.3.10.0 | Stable) camera. When I open it, almost every time it get stuck, and in order to fix it I have to tap on other camera mode (as "Video" or "48M"). I have found that it has some relation with the rotation of the phone, but I have the same issue even if I use "Rotate off". I've already tried resetting the camera settings, and even resetting the whole phone to factory defaults.

This issue is easy to reproduce on my phone. I only have to open the camera, close it, turn the phone from portrait to landscape and open the camera again. If I fix it, then I turn the phone back to portrait and I have the issue again. It's really annoying. Almost every time I open the camera it's stuck. I have recorded a video of the issue. I have uploaded the video to YouTube, since it's too heavy.

At the start, the camera is not working, until I tap on "Video" at 00:21. After that, it works. Then at 00:45 I turn my phone 90º, now it doesn't work anymore until I tap "Video" again at 00:58. At 1:13 I turn the phone 90º again. The same issue. And at 1:26 I fix it again. Finally, at 01:38 I break it again turning the phone. As you can see, I can reproduce the issue easily.
maybe its xiaomi's problem, wait maybe for update

I wanted to write a bug report in the miui.com website, but the Mi 9T is not in the list. The K20 isn't there either. I thought maybe someone here could help me, or pass them the issue so they can work on it.

same situation with mi9t. I got it by yesterday & its happen at the first time i try to open camera.

i got the same issue.. day one was worse. i could not get it working not matter what. tried factory reset .update to latest firmware did not help. then the next day it worked without problem. today it started with this problem..i might need to return the phone. im on global 10.3.9

The user mlvnslc (from the mi.com forums) has found a workaround for this issue: enabling location access to the camera app fixes this problem. You can do that following these steps:
Settings → Manage apps → Camera → App permissions → Location (enable the switch).

I hope Xiaomi can fix this now, since the users have already done all the hard work.

I have the exact same issue.

same situation with mi9t. I got it by yesterday & its happen at the first time i try to open camera.

i got the same issue.. day one was worse. i could not get it working not matter what. tried factory reset .update to latest firmware did not help. then the next day it worked without problem. today it started with this problem..i might need to return the phone. im on global 10.3.9

I didn't start the camera after a while either. The 48 Mpix camera did not work. so the application didn't start properly.

My problem was solved by disasembling it and adjusting the connector. It's been good ever since.