Flash US ROM for MI3

Ramgopal

Members
Mar 27, 2014
Dear Friends,

Please pardon me for raising this question if its already answered elsewhere. Kindly point me.

I bought MI3 yesterday through online in China. While starting, I configured it to English. Only while browsing the features, I realized the OS is from Xiaomi based on Android 4.3 - not actually Android. Perhaps I missed to look at this when I was browsing for the phone.. I just fell for the beauty and features of the phone compared to a Samsung or Apple and instantly decided to buy - not looking at the OS.

I would request help to change the OS to a USA based Android 4.3 ROM. Is this possible? Kindly advice.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Ram.

You already have Android 4.3.
It's just MIUI os on top of this.
MI3 comes only with MIUI rom. That's why our site is here for.

Wysłane z MI3

Reactions: timberwolf60
Thanks for the clarification.

Basically, I want install US based Apps - like FB, YT, Pandora etc. How do I get to install these apps in MI3 using MIUI?

Thanks.

If it's just that then you really don't have to worry. Those work fine on miui.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Well that's good. I tried google plus app first. It asked to download Google framework which I tried but I got ' couldn't find anything' message. Anything more I should do?

You are probably running the ROM it came from. Install the xiaomi.eu ROM and flash the gapps. Alternatively you can check the xiaomi market for a app called Google installer.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Kindly direct me to the page that has the procedure to install xiaomi.eu ROM and flash the gaps. the About Phone has the following details.

Android version: 4.3 JLS36C
MIUI version: MIUI-JXDCNBA9.0

Yeah you are still on the stock ROM. Basically just download the latest ROM for your device from xiaomi.eu and install it via the built in updater app. It won't give you aosp, but in combination with the gapps package which you can also get from there it will give you the Google play store at least.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

The download section has the version as JXCCNBA13.0. I assume this is greater than the version that I have.. just from the number (13 vs 9). Please confirm.

But it says "CN" which I assume is for Chinese. Is this the English ROM?

and I didn't find how to flash the gapps package. kindly help.

Thanks.

Oh... Just download our multilang for cancro (Mi3) from our 4.3.21 post and install this rom via Updater app which you will find on desktop. Let the rom install and reboot. Done. No gapps needed. Have fun.

Wysłane z MI3

I could find the Xiaomi MI3 WCDMA (am using China Unicom provider) ROM showing 4.3.21 as version. Hope this is the right file.

Thanks.

I downloaded this file. I connected the Xiaomi MI3 phone to the computer and installed the drivers. When I click on the drive, I get error "You do not have permission to access this device". How to solve this?

Also, the Flashing Guide page, talks about copying the downloaded file to SD Card. But there isn't a SD card slot in Xiaomi. Kindly advice how to install this ROM.

Thanks.

Or use File Explorers Wi-Fi FTP.
For MI3 you need to install MTP drivers on Windows.
On Linux is ok.

I have the same version (Chinese), and am wondering if i can return back to it again after flashing the Rom if i didn't like it or faced a problem, is that possible? And do i get the same features like anti virus ?
Thank you