From Android 9 (11.0.6. Global Stable) to Android 10 (Weekly 20.1.16/21 v3)

Kubrick

Members
Jun 3, 2016
Hi,
although I should already know the answer by myself but I don't recall 100% here's my question:
does the upgrade from Android 9 to 10 on my Mi 9SE (grus) goes automatically with installing the weekly dev rom? Or do I have to flash / install it in a seperate process (if so: how?).

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Thomas

You are on xiaomi.eu stable?
A upgrade should normally work like a charm.
But you never know. stable and weekly are different projects.
So make a backup and be prepared for a clean install - just in case...
Or are you on Android 9 (Stock)? Then clean flash is mandatory.

Since you are posting in this forum, I assume you are referring to Xiaomi.eu weekly ROM.

The answer is, you can choose to do either. The full ROMs are uploaded every Thursday to both SourceForge and Android File Host. You can manually download them and update either using the updater app, or via TWRP. The OTAs are uploaded every Saturday evening GMT. Take note though that the update does not happen automatically. It requires user interactions.

Thanks for your quick response! As I wrote in the title, right now I'm still on the global stable with Android 9 but I'd like to install the Xioami.eu weekly ROM which is on Android 10. In the past, with my Mi4S, I did the same (passing from Android 7 to 8 if I remember correctly) but today I'm not sure if this went so smoothly as I'm hoping.

If only knew what you mean by "clean flash" ? Sorry for my ignorance...
Here is an analogy.

Dirty flash = in place upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data
Clean flash = format your hard drive so it is blank and fresh install Windows 10

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk

Another analogy.

Dirty flash = your partner cooks dinner and you upgraded the dish by adding extra herbs and spices
Clean flash = you throw away the dish and cooks a new one from scratch

Reactions: Kubrick
Another analogy.

Dirty flash = your partner cooks dinner and you upgraded the dish by adding extra herbs and spices
Clean flash = you throw away the dish and cooks a new one from scratch

Frankly I don't like this analogy.
Because with a clean flash of your mobile phone you won't get rid of your partner. :p

• Haha
Reactions: ridzalm