Goodbye friends

I guess we will see in a week.

MIUI 6.7.28

where it´s that date? i can´t see it....

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

don't you think?
well.. I guess MIUI V6 is back from the future, since the screenshot version is released on 28th july 2016 :)
those SS are clearly a fake. even jelly bean logo on USB debug is likely inappropriate for a KK device..
What a huge lol
This is the beta miui v6 released since the end of April for the beta team. That's why it has that old date and still some bugged stuffs :p

If Linux saya that i believe it. But I'm curious why they didn't release the 4.4 v5 for mi2? And why they released for all other phones?

If Linux saya that i believe it. But I'm curious why they didn't release the 4.4 v5 for mi2? And why they released for all other phones?
All other phones? Do you think these unofficial ports? Mi2(S) has unoffical V5 based on KK too ;)

unofficial? well nexus 5 port is official...right?
Why for nexus yes and not mi2 it's official device?

The screenshot posted above is fake. It's not MIUI 6, it's not even Kitkat.

Did you see the little debug icon in status bar on the left? What is it - Jelly Bean.
There is already official Kitkat based MIUI v5, and the usb debug icon is indeed KitKat style.

The UI layout is obviously MIUI V5, it's just themed. Android version? That can be easily changed.
Status bar color change? There's xposed, and it's port on MIUI known as the WSM tools.

Did you see the little debug icon in status bar on the left? What is it - Jelly Bean.
There is already official Kitkat based MIUI v5, and the usb debug icon is indeed KitKat style.

The UI layout is obviously MIUI V5, it's just themed. Android version? That can be easily changed.
Status bar color change? There's xposed, and it's port on MIUI known as the WSM tools.

OK,lets say pictures are fake but Mi2S will still get MIUI v6 with android 4.4.4

OK,lets say pictures are fake but Mi2S will still get MIUI v6 with android 4.4.4
Yes, there will be MIUI 6 (not V6), it's already confirmed to be having it's own conference (and might be released) at 8.16.

But there is no sign that Xiaomi would push it to Mi2S at all. Neither officially nor from anyone in the Mi2S alpha test group (Yes, they're still testing the new MIUI v5 based on Jelly Bean 4.1) All screenshots are either confirmed as fake or just a themed MIUI V5.

Let's just hope Xiaomi does not give up Mi2S, we'll see very soon, it's only within two weeks afterall.

Even the first official kk builds had jb debug icon. This was an early build (6.x).
Cant they change an icon? Ofc it's as easy as changing number at build.prop but what about the others elements?
Wsm tools+tinted statisbar cannot do this cuz all apps have rounder corners and if statusbar changes color there will be the "black corners" anyway.

Yes, there will be MIUI 6 (not V6), it's already confirmed to be having it's own conference (and might be released) at 8.16.

But there is no sign that Xiaomi would push it to Mi2S at all. Neither officially nor from anyone in the Mi2S alpha test group (Yes, they're still testing the new MIUI v5 based on Jelly Bean 4.1) All screenshots are either confirmed as fake or just a themed MIUI V5.

Let's just hope Xiaomi does not give up Mi2S, we'll see very soon, it's only within two weeks afterall.

Lol ofc. Miui v5 beta team is not the miui v6 (or 6, how u want to name it) beta team.
And ofc they say it's a fake, cuz xiaomi is one of the "less leaked" OEM, and it likes its reputation.
And xiaomi confirmed miui v6 and it will be released on 16 Aug.

Last edited:
Reactions: espaciosalter20
Even the first official kk builds had jb debug icon. This was an early build (6.x).
Cant they change an icon?

Not true. Link to a news on 2013-03-29, it's in Chinese but just check the picture, see the KitKat style icon?
http://www.anruan.com/news/1322.html

Ofc it's as easy as changing number at build.prop but what about the others elements?
Wsm tools+tinted statisbar cannot do this cuz all apps have rounder corners and if statusbar changes color there will be the "black corners" anyway.

The overall "Black corners" can be turned off in MIUI's developer menu, and the corners on action bar can be replaced by theme. When I was on MIUI, the first thing after flash would be turn that off and change to a square corner theme.

Not true. Link to a news on 2013-03-29, it's in Chinese but just check the picture, see the KitKat style icon?
http://www.anruan.com/news/1322.html

The overall "Black corners" can be turned off in MIUI's developer menu, and the corners on action bar can be replaced by theme. When I was on MIUI, the first thing after flash would be turn that off and change to a square corner theme.
On unofficial builds devs can do what they want.
BTW have fun with "your" ideas and this is totally ot here so stop or make a thread for useless arguments

On unofficial builds devs can do what they want.
BTW have fun with "your" ideas

One more thing, MIUI version itself is as fake as hell...
The latest MIUI V5 release is 4.8.1, represents 2014-08-01
What would 6.7.28 mean? 2016-07-28? hello future XD

Uhm but after all...there's no confirmation about mi2 support...?

Be patient.. There were screenshots of android 4.3 on mi2 when kk wasn't even released.. I think it was when miui v5 was just about to be released. If you want kk use the unofficial builds now!

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RadarNyan
Uhm but after all...there's no confirmation about mi2 support...?
Let's not lose hope yet. On the other side, there's no confirmation that Mi2(S) won't get the update.
One of Xiaomi's senior management guy has said many times that "Mi2S is a popular module, any popular rom should make port for it" (he said that to some local rom vendor like iuni) and they just launched a new toy - the Mi Band which only works with Android 4.4, and he said in his weibo and I quote "Mi2S does not support it for now".
IMHO Mi2S will at least get a KitKat update, and very likely to be the MIUI 6 (why push a KitKat V5 anyway?) but that's just guessing, again, there's no confirmation about either the will be or there won't be the update for Mi2S. Be patient and we will see very soon.

I just bought an mi3 , I sold it after a week , Bought an S4 I sold it after 2 days !
And i am back at my mi2s its the ******* best phone ever !
You WILL miss it !!

Its size is so damn nice and it is fast!!
Faster than the s4 !
Also the camera is better then the s4!
Then again the price whoops all phones asses !

Last edited:
Reactions: boojay
this is sure, i agree totally with you . For this reason i don't know why they don't upgrade to KK!!!!!