Google Pay not working on Global

Oct 31, 2018
Hi,

I've bought a Mi8 Firmware : Global Original from trading hz as the phone arrived I was a bit confused why the bootloader was unlocked, but did not care.
Unfortunately I facing more and more issues with that like No Netflix in the Play Store and the latest issue Google Pay don't want to let me pay via NFC.

When I try to activate the feature it throws an error (translated from german to english): This Smatrphone could not be used for transactions. The root cause could be a rooted or manipulated phone.

Perhaps this all has nothing to do with the unlocked boot loader.

I've MIUI Global 10.0 | Stable 10.0.2.0(OEAMIFH)

So I've two questions:

1) Is the Global Version shipped with an unlocked bootloader by default? If NO tradings henz fooled me.
2) Is there any way to lock the bootloader or get Google pay working?

Regards!

Attachments

• googlepay.jpg
    googlepay.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 339
Hi, Xiaomi will not send you an unlocked device. Unless you got any hint trading..... would do that for you i would send the device back! In generel you can re lock the device, this is not a problem but i would not want to use a device which got unlocked without me knowing. And just a information, this is not a official miui forum, it is the forum for the custom rom provided here. Not official miui/xiaomi development.

sounds like you got a chinese device flashed with global firmware

real global phones have a locked bootloader !

if the bootloader is unlocked, then it is a "international" version. chinese shops unlock the bootloader
and flash the global rom, google pay will not work.

flash twrp and then the xiaomi.eu rom, then you´re fine and all will work

but DO NOT LOCK THE BOOTLOADER, IF GLOBAL ROM OR XIAOMI.EU ROM IS INSTALLED,
you will brick your Mi8.