[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

I did unlock the bootloader with the XiaomiTool V2 and when I now start it everything is in Chineese. Should this worri me or can I just download the images anyway and just ignore that the whole phone now is in Chineese after the unlock? I have never done this before.

I did unlock the bootloader with the XiaomiTool V2 and when I now start it everything is in Chineese. Should this worri me or can I just download the images anyway and just ignore that the whole phone now is in Chineese after the unlock? I have never done this before.
So after the first "Panic" I managed to get trough some menues and found a way of Choosing English.
I have made backups before unlocking but when I now look in the restore menu of the phone it says that no backups exist.

Anyhow, now to the question:

Do I need to follow the steps in the beginning of this tread or does it work by just choosing to donload the latest EU.rom from that option within XiaoMiTool V2?

The unlock tool warns you that all data will be lost. So anything you stored on the device will be gone, including a backup which was still stored on the phone.

Going to the .eu roms, I would suggest following the instructions in the first post. You'll need to format your device again. After that you can decide to use the unofficial Chinese twrp and install weekly updates that way (without formatting again) or wait for the official twrp.

I don't think this has been asked before, but does Google Pay and banking apps still work with unlocked bootloader, because usually they don't.

That's the question I wanted to ask too, I could use NFC Google Pay with my China ROM Mi 10 Ultra. I wonder if that is still usable after installing EU Rom.

That's the question I wanted to ask too, I could use NFC Google Pay with my China ROM Mi 10 Ultra. I wonder if that is still usable after installing EU Rom.
I don't think this has been asked before, but does Google Pay and banking apps still work with unlocked bootloader, because usually they don't.
Yes it works.

Skickat från min M2007J1SC via Tapatalk

Reactions: Zencooler
Yes it works.

Skickat från min M2007J1SC via Tapatalk
Question is for how long. It might pass the safety net now, but when Google patches it up in the future it will stop working and I can't live with that uncertainty.

Question is for how long. It might pass the safety net now, but when Google patches it up in the future it will stop working and I can't live with that uncertainty.
But this is not up to Xiaomi rom. Even not up to the other brands. Unlocked bootloader can cause the problem if Google change the policies and mechanism implemented in GMS and GPay. There was such case last year but Google changed this few updates later. It seems Google doesn't want to restrict in such agressive way because they lost big group of users then.

Why would they try to ' patch it up '? Xiaomi has no issues with Google or the USA or any other people trying to stop this company. Even the EU ROMs are based on original ROMs. Xiaomi is not Like Huawei

Read the thread. If it's stuck in a fastboot bootloop, you'll need to reflash super.img with a different fastboot.exe. ToneLa explained it pretty clearly, here.
Have a read of this doc, should help you get it flashed. I wrote it to help someone else but if it helps you, all good. Links in the doc may expire in 3 or 4 days but I can upload them again

Attachments

• flashing guide.pdf
    171.4 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: ToneLa
root is working :D Latest magisk works with Chinese TWRP

Shrug, don't hold back folks.

Has the OP not been updated with a different fastboot?

I know there are links in the thread. The process itself is fine there is just a problem with that provided fastboot (google's fault!)

stuck in fastboot = no image to boot

You can just flash super.img again, that is the ROM image. Think of it like installing an operating system (because basically it is)

Reactions: kylegp
Why would they try to ' patch it up '? Xiaomi has no issues with Google or the USA or any other people trying to stop this company. Even the EU ROMs are based on original ROMs. Xiaomi is not Like Huawei
Because Google does periodic security update patches. Nothing to do with any manufacturer. Google Pay generally doesn't work with an unlocked bootloader so just because it works on this ROM now doesn't mean it will do so forever.

Reactions: Mark F
I just saw a newsflash on TradingChenzhens homepage where they said that there now existed a TWRP and that they would put up a guide tomorrow. Wonder if that is the same TWRP that has been used in this thread or if it is something else.

Is this the latest?

This Phone is much better with the EU ROM

Hi! I'm new in this community. I didn't understand if there is an official twrp to install .eu rom on my Mi 10 Ultra. Thx for answering :)

The first weekly installs from fastboot. To install the updates, then down load and flash the twrp in the threads. Is it official? Put it this way, it works even though it says 10 pro