[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

I've always used numbers and just enter number in twrp on the weekly updates when I enter twrp. It decrypts and allows me full Access

Mi 10 ultra just got new stable update my dudes :D, blue video of front camera recording has been solved :D

Last edited:
I also did the same. But having few issues with push notifications in most apps and WhatsApp call notification. For example WhatsApp doesn't ring when app is not running and most of the time it doesn't display incoming calls even if it's running. I gave all the permissions to the app, set to auto start and disabled battery optimization. But still the same. I'm confused because I have a OnePlus and I never changed any app permissions to work the basic things properly.
Did you find any solution to that or you never encounter these issues with MIUI 12 chinese or EU ROMs?
I saw these problems reported by some users.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk
did you find a solution? I'm going crazy with whatsapp notifications...

so u recommend latest stable rom over weekly beta?
I didn't try out weekly. But I prefer the stability over the new features because I heavily rely on my mobile apps everyday.
EU stable is also not completely bug free. But way better than Chinese rom and weekly.
We got a new stable update recently which fixed few annoying bugs as well.

Reactions: biscoot
I didn't try out weekly. But I prefer the stability over the new features because I heavily rely on my mobile apps everyday.
EU stable is also not completely bug free. But way better than Chinese rom and weekly.
We got a new stable update recently which fixed few annoying bugs as well.

thanks for reply mate

I need help.

Back in september I installed the EU rom as explained on the very first post here.

How do I update to the latest version of it without loosing any data?
I don't understand the difference between stable/weekly but it should be MIUI12

how do I achieve this?

In the first post it is explained but there is no link provided to any newer versions of it.

I need help.

Back in september I installed the EU rom as explained on the very first post here.

How do I update to the latest version of it without loosing any data?
I don't understand the difference between stable/weekly but it should be MIUI12

how do I achieve this?

In the first post it is explained but there is no link provided to any newer versions of it.
if update stable to stable no need to wipe data.if u want to change from stable to beta or viceversa then data wipe is a must

Reactions: BigBossTech
Anybody on eu rom stable can confirm if banking apps, gpay and pokemon go works? Worried if CTS fail the applications may not pass safetynet check as I am very reliance on gpay and banking apps. Thanks in advance.

Anybody on eu rom stable can confirm if banking apps, gpay and pokemon go works? Worried if CTS fail the applications may not pass safetynet check as I am very reliance on gpay and banking apps. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately not. Unlocked bootloader means issue with GPay and banking apps. However there is a workaround to root phone and use some tricks to make them working.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Unfortunately not. Unlocked bootloader means issue with GPay and banking apps. However there is a workaround to root phone and use some tricks to make them working.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

I use the stable version from the very first post and have no issues with banking apps.

But where can I download the newest stable version?

Ok thanks, but where do I find the newest stable ROM to download?
First place is here on this site. There are 2 threads, one for stable here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-stable-release.56191/
Or for weekly here https://xiaomi.eu/community/link-forums/roms-download.73/

Weekly's come out around Thursday or Friday, they are EU worked versions of the China Weekly. Instructions for installation are on the relevant page with change logs. TWRP links and install information are lower down in each thread too.
http:/mifirm.net also has all the files, just search for 10 ultra or cas.

Reactions: GregSmack
First place is here on this site. There are 2 threads, one for stable here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-stable-release.56191/
Or for weekly here https://xiaomi.eu/community/link-forums/roms-download.73/

Weekly's come out around Thursday or Friday, they are EU worked versions of the China Weekly. Instructions for installation are on the relevant page with change logs. TWRP links and install information are lower down in each thread too.
http:/mifirm.net also has all the files, just search for 10 ultra or cas.

Thanks!
I am trying to install the latest stable version from here:

But there is no ''fastboot installation script'' in the files as described in the first post. :(

That's because fastboot was only used on first released ROM before twrp was ready. All ROMs are now twrp.
Use fastboot to install twrp, boot to twrp and install ROM as I posted.

Does this mean I loose all data?
I'm still new to this stuff and don't want to brake my device in any way..

Your phone will format when you finish the unlock process. When you install your first EU ROM, you must again format as there may be partition differences between the two ROMs. If you don't, you may get a bootloop.
Once you are on an EU ROM branch, you only need to wipe dalvik and cache on each update. BUT if you choose to change branches from stable to weekly or weekly to stable or if you go back to stock Chinese, again you must format data. So if you change branches, make an off phone back up and just restore after changing.

Your phone will format when you finish the unlock process. When you install your first EU ROM, you must again format as there may be partition differences between the two ROMs.

But I already unlocked my phone for the first ROM and had to wipe all data..
Does that mean when I change to TWRP I have to wipe that "dalvik" and "cache"?

If you already have twrp on your phone and are staying on the same branch, i.e. stable to stable or weekly to weekly, then you don't need to format, just wipe dalvik and cache. Any other change of branch must be followed by a data format.

Have you got twrp installed on your phone or have you only installed from fastboot? I'm not sure what you are still asking that hasn't been explained. So if we haven't answered it fully, please explain again.

Reactions: GregSmack
Sorry for the confusion I did this for the first time back in September. I am not sure what I did back then I just followed instructions from OPs post and others.
I already asked something here on page 5 where I wrote something about this:

"Swapping fastboot.exe with fastboot.exe from mi flash unlock directory.

Starting: windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_wipe
Then after that:
windows_fastboot_update_rom
(Using a script .bat file with the provided code)"

I guess I have fastboot, but I have no idea can I find it out somehow?

Don't worry about fastboot, that's more for your PC.
The question is do you have twrp installed. You can see by rebooting to recovery to see. If it come up with a blue ish page something like what is in the attached, then you have.
If you haven't, then you need to, and that's when you need to use your pc and fastboot mode.
Firstly download the ROM you want to install to your PC or internal memory. Then reboot your phone to fastboot and follow the instructions on the ROM download page or use the information in the attached guide. When you reboot into recovery, you will now have twrp installed. You can mount your PC to copy your ROM over or just use twrp to INSTALL, select ROM file, swipe to install, when done you may have a page that says wipe dalvik and cache, if so, just swipe again and then reboot to system and you're done. Do not format at that stage or you will wipe your phone, just wipe dalvik and cache only.
Hope this helps but please ask if not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-20-11-40-20.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-20-11-40-20.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 144
  • flashing and twrp guide.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
I guess I have fastboot, but I have no idea can I find it out somehow?

As far as I understood you flashed your first rom with fastboot. You can flash new version the same way, or with twrp. It seems that now with new twrp it would be easier to do. Check in updater what is your branch, stable or weekly/beta. Then try to download new version from updater.