[GUIDE] Flashing rom Using Miflash Mi2/3

Sorry i could not help it was a situation i have never encountered but it most probably had something to do with CWM and TDB.

Reactions: anto1900
Don't worry mate, really thank you for your fast support. The important is that my awesome mi2 is safe now :D

Just to say, i got cwm back after losing recovery altogether by using miiflash - this worked a treat! thanks

Reactions: grondinm
flash types:

1.flash_all_wipe.bat:
clears all the data of the built-in storage, clear all user data, please be careful!

2.flash_all_except_storage.bat:

will erase all user data does not clear the built-in storage data.

3.flash_all_except_data_storage.bat:

does not clear the built-in storage data does not clear user data

Hey, I tried to flash 3.4.19 via FastBOot. Nothing happens however. All that happens is that it says it flashed succesfull.. after one second. So basically it doesn't do a single thing. What am I doing wrong? I followed all steps in your guide.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Forgot to select the map with the flashing files. It's flashing right now. @ 170 seconds.

EDIT 2: It worked! Thanks for your guide!!

Reactions: Be6i4 and grondinm
Fortunately i've read your hopeless messagge when i managed to get it working :D
So, that's what i've done.
-I've flashed the stock mi2's recovery image through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img)
-Flashed 3.3.29 with miflash and all is good now. I think that miflash isn't compatible with cwm with truedualboot enabled

Hey anto1900 where I can download this stock recovery image please I have same problem with flash Thank You

I don't remember. I think i've extracted it from an official miui rom. Maybe the 3.4.5

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Fortunately i've read your hopeless messagge when i managed to get it working :D
So, that's what i've done.
-I've flashed the stock mi2's recovery image through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img)
-Flashed 3.3.29 with miflash and all is good now. I think that miflash isn't compatible with cwm with truedualboot enabled

Hey anto1900, im having the exact problem that you had.. i want to flash stock recovery(recovery.img that i extracted from latest stock rom) through fastboot but i have no idea what to do or where to start.. could you maybe guide me in doing completing this process.. if anyone knows how to flash just the recovery using fastboot or some alternative method,your help would be highly appreciated..

Many thanks!

Hey, this is a tool made by an italian user for installing stock or cwm recovery. The cmw is old so don't install it, but the stock is perfect, you can install it from there. It's in italian, so if you have some language problems feel free to ask me the traduction :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Hi, I have bricked my mi2s. I have flashed by Miflash and then my phone don't start! If i try to put it in fastboot, device is off..

How i can do? :(

Sorry for my bad english!

Hi!

Can someone tell what to do if MiFlash makes no progress? It appears to have recognized my device, so I clicked flash, but the progress bar is empty. Hovering over the text says something like "echo Missmatching image and device" but I am tryin to flash stable JLB17, that even used to be on the phone???

Thanks!

You have to unpack jlb files on c drive.

Odoslané z ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T cez Tapatalk 2

Miflash do not find my phone how can this bee fixed? do i need too install some drivers? from what i understand Miflash install the drivers that are needed .. have i missunderstand that?

Miflash do not find my phone how can this bee fixed? do i need too install some drivers? from what i understand Miflash install the drivers that are needed .. have i missunderstand that?

no miflash should install the drivers required. You have your phone in fastboot mode? Never had issues with miflash finding my phone...

Are the miflash packages the same as factory images? Im on Linux and can't run miflash.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

that they are. You should be able to open up the fastboot package with a archive manager(i think) and extract the image files then use fastboot to flash them. I have not tried on linux i have a windows pc i keep around just for these instances. The fastboot package also does have so shell scripts to take care of all the commands for you but again never tried them.

Hey i downloaded this: miui_MI2A_3.9.13_fastboot_4.1
My device is: Xiaomi MI2S

This is my error:

824da5df0.00start flash C:\miui_MI2A_3.9.13_fastboot_4.1
824da5df0.11
824da5df0.11$fastboot -s 824da5df getvar soc-id 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^soc-id: *140" || echo Missmatching image and device
What fastboot version should i download, please help !